Genshin Impact 2.6 has entered a new extended period, with the patch that marked the debut of Kamisato Ayato and the return of Ayaka and Venti running for an extra third phase due to Genshin Impact 2.7 delays.
Table of Contents
Here's everything you need to know about the Genshin Impact 2.6 update as it winds down to make room for Genshin Impact 2.7.
LATEST: Spices from the West and Delay Compensation
Hoyoverse has announced the launch of a new event and a weekly plan of compensation for the Genshin Impact 2.7 delays.
The first compensation is already in the in-game mail of players, players can claim:
- 400 Primogems
- 1 Fragile Resin
- 7 Hero's Wit
- 16 Mystic Enhancement Ore
- 120K Mora
Players have only 30 days to claim these items, or they will disappear, so make sure to get there in time!
Spices from the West
The Spices from the West event was originally canceled due to the maintenance that is taking place in the Serenitea Pot. However, Hoyoverse has decided to bring it back in the extended Genshin Impact 2.6.
During this event, players will experiment with the creation of special seasonings, helping the research of NPC Nazafarin from Sumeru.
Players will create seasonings with a fancy gadget, following the recipes provided to obtain rewards. 420 Primogems and More Ascension Materials.
Genshin Impact 2.6 Extended
Genshin Impact 2.6 went live on March 30, 2022, and it seems will be the largest patch, as Hoyoverse has announced a third phase.
This third phase will start on May 14, 2022, and it will last at least until June 7, 2022.
During the Third Phase, Ayaka's banner and the current weapon banner will also be extended until further notice.
The third phase of Genshin Impact 2.6 is bringing two new events to the table:
- The first is the previously canceled Spices from The West, which means the initial Serenitea Pot issues are solved.
- In the Spices from the West, travelers will meet a cook from Sumeru that is experimenting with new condiments.
- The second event is the rerun of Mastery Overflow, players will obtained the double of Talent Books while farming in Mastery Domains.
Genshin Impact 2.6 Primogems Guide
Primogems is the most crucial currency in Genshin Impact, used to purchase wishes that are necessary to obtain new 5-star characters and weapons.
Even though every patch is different, it is possible to calculate an approximate amount of New Primogems that players can obtain.
These are the Primogems Available in Genshin Impact 2.6:
- F2P by completing all events, story quests, map exploration, and daily commissions.
- 8820 Primogems good for 55 wishes
- 10620 Primogems by completing the last 4 floors of Spiral Abyss with 3 stars, good for 66 wishes
Buying Blessing of the Welkin Moon
- Obtain 3780 Primogems for $10 plus 600 if you spend the Genesis Crystals in Primogems
- Remaining1620 Primogems will be transferred for the next update.
- 27 wishes by buying Welkin Moon.
There are around 93 wishes available with low investment, good for one 5-star character.
Check the Primogems count in detail: here.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 2.6: How to get Ayato guaranteed through the Pity System
First Phase Banners
- Azure Excursion will feature the new character Kamisato Ayato - a 5-star Hydro Sword Character.
- Ballad in Goblets will feature the second rerun of Venti - a 5-star Anemo Bow Character.
And the following 4-star characters share by both Banners:
- Yun Jin - 4-star Geo, Polearm User
- Sucrose - 4-star Anemo, Catalyst User
- Xianling - 4-star Pyro, Polearm User.
In a surprising move, Hoyoverse decided to release Ayato in Tandem. Normally, new characters are the only banner, so other characters don't steal the focus of attention.
First Weapon Banner
The first Epitome Invocation will feature the new 5-star sword, Haran Tsukishiro Futsu, and the 5-star bow Elegy for the End.
The following 4-star weapons complete the banner:
- Rust (Bow)
- Flute (Sword)
- Sacrificial Greatsword (Claymore)
- Widsith (Catalyst)
- Dragonbane (Polearm)
Second Phase Banners
For the second half of Genshin Impact 2.6, arriving on April 20, 2022, we are receiving one rerun banner:
- The Heron's Court will feature the rerun of Kamisato Ayaka - a 5-star Cryo Sword character.
The 5-star Weapons in the second weapon banner are:
- Mistsplitter's Reforged the signature Katana of Ayaka
- For the second weapon, we will have to wait, as there is only one 5-star character.
The Chasm will be finally unveiled on Genshin Impact 2.6. The new region is a Canyon created by the impact of a Celestial Body.
The area will have two levels, with different environments and independent teleport waypoints: The Base and The Underground.
The map of The Base shows a new artifact domain, some Fatui Camps, a new statue of the Seven, and a new landmark called the Lumenstone Adjuvant.
Lumenstone Adjuvant is similar to the Sacred Sakura, essential for exploring The Chasm, providing new exploration effects and big rewards.
Lumenspar is a new World Item similar to Geoculus. It will be used to level up the Lumenstone.
The underground is a subterranean world that is being corrupted by the energy of the Ley Lines. The terrain will bring new challenges for players.
The underground of the Chasm will present dark areas, toxic mud, new creatures, and new enemies. Players will need the aid of a new Gadget called: Lumenstone Catalyst.
Genshin Impact 2.6 will introduce new enemies, most of them located in the underground of The Chasm:
- Floating Fungus or Moldbeast
- Bug Type creatures that are floating and illuminate the area.
- They will drop the ascension material called: Fungus Spore.
- Black Serpent Knight: Windcutter
- A shadowy husk that harnesses the Anemo Element
- During the trailer, we watched. The an Electro Version of the Shadowy Husk.
- Oozing Concretions (New Boss)
- An Abyss Mechanism of significant proportions.
From the depth of the Chasm rise, a new colossal boss called the Oozing Concretions, made of Abyss Tech. The enemy resembles a Ruin Serpent and a Drilling Machine.
The Oozing Concretions will drop a boss material that looks like a big sprocket. The material will be necessary to Level-up Yelan.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 2.6: Kamisato Ayato Farming Guide, all Ascension Materials
Genshin Impact 2.6 will introduce the signature weapon of Kamisato Ayato, a 5-star word called Haran Tsukishiro Futsu.
The weapon is a blue and white Katana that resemble the color of waves breaking into the ocean.
|5-star||Haran Tsukishiro Futsu||Sword||Crit. Rate||When using players, obtain 24% All Elemental DMG Bonus. When other nearby party members' Normal Attacks hit opponents, the character equipping this weapon will gain one stack of Wavespike. Max 5 stacks. This effect can be triggered once every 0.2s. When the character equipping this weapon uses an Elemental Skill, all stacks of Wavespike will be consumed to gain Ripping Upheaval.|
Ascension Materials Haran Tsukishiro Futsu
These are the ascension materials for the new 5-star sword:
- Narukami Series - Weapon ascension material that players can obtain in the Court of Flowing Sand domain in Inazuma.
- On Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday.
- Handguard Pieces - Common Material drop by the Nobushi and Kairagi
- Statuette Pieces - Common material drop by the Shadowy Husks.
- Shadowy Husks are the new enemies found in Enkanomiya.
The Lost Valley is a new domain that will appear on the base of The Chasm with two new sets of artifacts: Vermillion Hereafter and Echoes of an Offering.
|Artifact Name||2 Pieces Set Effect||4 Pieces Set Effect|
|Vermillion Hereafter||ATK +18%||After using an Elemental Burst, the character will gain a buff, increasing their ATK by 8% for 16s. When the character loses HP, Their ATK will further increase by 10%. This increase can occur up to once every 0.8s, max 4 stacks.|
|Echoes of an Offering||ATK +18%||Normal Attack has a 36% chance to increase Normal Attack DMG by 60% every 0.3s. The buff expires after 0.05s after the Normal Attack that deals DMG. If a Normal Attack doesn't trigger the buff, the next NA will be 20% more likely to produce it.|
The Artifact set seems to be tailor-made for Xiao, the circlet is even a Yaksha Mask.
- The Artifact will boost the ATK % during Elemental Burst.
Echoes of an Offering
The Artifact set was created thinking in Kamisato Ayato, but it also can be a good option for Yoimiya.
- The Artifact will boost the ATK % during Normal Attacks.
Genshin Impact 2.6 Events
Genshin Impact 2.6 is bringing a batch of new events and a big Inazuma Festival:
- Two New Story Quest:
- Kamisato Ayato Story Quest: Cypressus Custos
- New Archon Story: Requiem of the Echoes Depths
- Main Event: Hues of the Violet Garden
- The Irodori Festival will be divided into 4 mini-games
- The Moon and Stars: Travelers will take landscape pictures to inspire new poetry.
- Inscribe Theater Mechanicus: The rerun of this mini-game will bring new mechanics and challenges.
- Clash of Lone Blades: A sword pairing event where players will get to practice new sword techniques
- The Floral Courtyard: In this event, players will assist Ayaka in creating Ikebana (Floral Decorations), which players can use in their Serenitea Pot.
- Xingqiu will be the Free Character during this event.
- Spices from the West
- A certain lady from Sumeru arrives in Liyue looking for new spices to experiment with.
- After learning about new spices, players can invite characters to the Serenitea Pot to try Fragrance Dishes.
- Guess the suitable dish for each character to increase the Lv. of Familiarity.
- Vibro-Crystal Research
- A Researcher from Fontaine (Hydro Nation) is on the outskirts of the Chasm researching properties in crystals.
- Travelers will test the crystals in a Combat challenge where players need to clear 6 challenges with 2 chambers each.
- Each stage has a unique theme based and trial characters:
- Stage 1: Quick-swap (Raiden, Venti)
- Stage 2: Normal attacks (Yoimiya, Ayato)
- Stage 3: Electro (Yae, Raiden)
- Stage 4: Kokomi (Kokomi, Kazuha)
- Stage 5: Geo (Itto, Albedo)
- Stage 6: Freeze (Mona, Ayaka)
- Outside the Canvas, Inside the Lens
- The artist called Asagiri sent a commission to obtain pictures from different nations.
- She is planning to use the images for inspiration to create future Illustrations.
- A laid-back event that will require players to use the in-game photo camera.
- Ley Line Overflowed Rerun
- Players will be able to obtain double rewards after clearing the Ley Lines Deposits.
- Spiral Abyss 2.6
- The artifact boxes from Floors 9-12 of Spiral Abyss will give pieces of the new artifact sets in 2.6, Vermilion Hereafter, and Echoes of an Offering.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 2.6 Ayaka Farming Guide: All Ascension Materials
For more articles like this, take a look at our Genshin Impact and More page.