Genshin Impact 2.4 introduced Yun Jin, a 4-star Geo character that wields Polearms. She is a niche support that will buff teammates' normal attacks, and will slot wonderfully in several team compositions.
- Yun Jin is a traditional Chinese Opera singer and performer, the character is available in the current banner, and will be available for free during the Lantern Rite event.
Here is our Yun Jin build guide covering, best weapons, artifacts, and best teammates.
The Transcendent One Returns, the first banner of Genshin Impact 2.5, went live on January 5th and will be available until January 25th.
This banner features - Yun Jin - 4-star Geo, Polearm User, and the following 5 and 4-star characters:
- Shenhe - 5-star Cryo, Polearm User
- Ningguang - 4-star Geo, Catalyst User
- Chongyun - 4-star Cryo, Claymore User
Who is Yun Jin?
She is a prestigious dancer, singer, and brewer who works at the Heyu Tea House. Her character design is meant to represent the classical art of Chinese opera.
- Yun Jin provides a significant boost to the Normal Attack DMG of Allies while providing shields to protect them.
- Elemental Skill generates many Energy Particles.
- Low-Cost Elemental Burst and low cooldown Elemental Skill.
- The DMG of Elemental Skill increase per charge or DMG parry.
- Needs Characters of various Elemental Types for Further Normal ATK Buffs.
- Yun Jin buff only benefits attackers, which DMG is based in Normal Attack.
|5-Star||Staff of Homa||Crit. DMG %||HP increased by 40%. Additionally, provides an ATK Bonus based on 1.6% of the wielder's Max HP. When the wielder's HP is less than 50%, this ATK bonus is increased by an additional 1.8% of Max HP.|
|4-Star||The Catch||Energy Recharge||Increases Elemental Burst DMG by 32% and Elemental Burst CRIT Rate by 12%.|
Staff of Homa
- The Staff of Homa is always a good choice for Polearm users. Although the passive does not apply entirely with Yun Jin kit, the high ATK base and Crit DMG are handy.
- However, a 5-star weapon for a Support Character seems a bit of an overkill.
- Although Yun Jin, DMG escalated with Defense, the Energy Recharge and boost to Elemental Burst of the Catch will allow Yun Jin to spam her abilities often.
- The Catch is a F2P weapon that players obtain by fishing. The Refinement materials are also available for free.
- Favonius Lance works similarly to The Catch with a little less DMG output, a good alternative if you are using the Catch for another character.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 2.4: Yun Jin Farming Guide
|Build||Set 1||Set 2||Stats Needed|
|Best in Slot||Husk of Opulent Dreams||Husk of Opulent Dreams||Sands: DEF / Energy Recharge - Goblet: DEF% - Circlet: DEF%|
|Substitute||Husk of Opulent Dreams||Emblem of Severed Fate||Sands: DEF / Energy Recharge - Goblet: DEF% - Circlet: DEF%|
Yun Jin is a support character that buffs the Normal Attack DMG of her teammates based on her Max Defense.
Focus on Defense stats for Yun Jin's artifacts with some Energy Recharge will work wonders.
Husk of Opulent Dreams
The new set Husk of Opulent dreams provides extra DEF and increases the Geo DMG and stacks outfield.
Four pieces of this artifact set with good Defense stats is the ideal built. However, if you don't have good artifacts, a couple of alternatives will work well with two Husk of Opulent Dreams pieces.
- Emblem of Severed Fate - Extra Energy Recharge
- Archaic Petra - Extra Geo DMG
Best Team Compositions
Yun Jin is a suitable Plug and Play character. But, Yoimiya seems to be the DPS that takes the best advantage of Yun Jin's abilities.
The team composition will work this way:
- Yoimiya DMG is based on her Normal Attacks, which work perfectly with Yun Jin passive.
- Alternative for DPS: Childe, Diluc, Razor
- Xingqiu's Elemental Burst activates Rain Swords using Normal Attacks, buffing further Yun Jin passive.
- Gorou Skills will provide extra DEF % and collect the Crystallize particles providing sustain shied.
On paper, Yun Jin was the last piece of a Geo Mono team with characters whose abilities escalate with Defense. Although she is a good addition, Yun Jin's passive is not a perfect fit for Geo DPS like Itto or Noelle
Therefore, this is our suggested Mono Geo team:
- Zhong-Li or Albedo as Sub-DPS will provide the team with constant buffs.
- Gorou will become stronger the more Geo characters are in the field. However, three characters are enough to maximize his utility.
- We consider the slot for DPS can be flexible, as long as your character doesn't depend on Elemental Reactions.
- Good Options: Raiden Shogun, Ningguang, Yomiya, Xiao.