Genshin Impact 2.6 is just hours away, and it's packed with fantastic content you won't want to miss including some very special banners.
In the new update, Kamisato Ayato will become a playable character, and travelers will also have the chance to wish for Ayaka and Venti.
The debut of Kamsato Ayato is a highly anticipated event after players wondering about the character for some time, but Ayato might not be the most important new addition in Genshin Impact 2.6. The update will also introduce a brand new area, The Chasm!
With all of these exciting additions and more in store, join us as we count down to the Genshin Impact 2.6 release time while covering all the latest news around the update.
LATEST - New Ayato Trailer Reveals Story Details
Hoyoverse released a second new trailer for Kamisato Ayato - and it has some massive story implications for Genshin Impact 2.6!
In the new demo we get to see the brother of Ayaka in action. In the company of Sayu and the Shuumatsuban Ayato, Ayato goes to battle against the Fatui Conspiracy.
Besides displaying his abilities, the clip also reveals where Ayato was during the Archon Quest events in Inazuma. It seems he has a bigger role than we imagined!
Check our breakdown of the video here.
Genshin Impact 2.6 Release Time & Date
Genshin Impact 2.6 will go live on March 30, 2022, at 11 am server time (Chinese Standard Time).
This breaks down to the following release times:
- March 29, 2022, 8 pm PST
- March 29, 2022, 11 pm EST
- March 29, 2022, 4 am GMT
Genshin Impact 2.6 Final Countdown
READ MORE: Preload Genshin Impact 2.6 NOW!
Server Downtime & Maintenance Schedule
Genshin Impact 2.6 Maintenance begins at 6 am Server Time on March 30, 2022.
The server's maintenance is estimated to take around five hours, with players being compensated 300 Primogems for the downtime.
Check the server status here
Genshin Impact 2.6 Banners
The Genshin Impact 2.6 Banners will break down into two phases, each with its great new drops to look forward to.
The first phase will feature two 5-star characters. Kamisato Ayato is a highly anticipated character. In addition, the brother of Ayaka will be joined by the Anemo Archon.
The banner, Azure Excursion, will feature Kamisato Ayato - 5-star Electro, Catalyst character.
The Banner, Ballad in Goblets, will feature Venti - a 5-star Anemo Bow Character.
The following 4-stars characters complete this first banner:
- Yun Jin - 4-star Geo, Polearm User
- Sucrose - 4-star Anemo, Catalyst User
- Xianling - 4-star Pyro, Polearm User.
The first weapon banner will feature one bow and the new 5-star sword.
- Haran Tsukishiro Futsu 5-star sword, the signature weapon of Kamisato Ayato.
- Elegy for the End 5-star bow is an exciting niche weapon.
The following 4-stars weapons complete the banner:
- Rust - Bow
- Flute - Sword
- Sacrificial Greatsword - Claymore
- Widsith - Catalyst
- Dragonbane - Polearm
For the second phase of Genshin Impact 2.6, we will receive only one rerun, Kamisato Ayaka.
The Second Weapon Banner will feature the Mistsplitter Reforged 5-star sword, the signature weapon for Ayaka.
What's new in Genshin Impact 2.6?
- Floating Fungus or Moldbeast
- Bug Type creatures that are floating and illuminate the area.
- They will drop the ascension material called: Fungus Spore.
- Black Serpent Knight: Windcutter
- A shadowy husk that harnesses the Anemo Element
- Oozing Concretions (New Boss)
- An Abyss Mechanism of significant proportions
Once defeated, Oozing Concretions will drop materials for future characters, Yelan and Kuki Shinobu.
New Weapons and Artifacts
- Besides the 5-star Sword, Haran Tsukishiro Futsu players will have the chance to farm two new artifacts sets.
- Both artifact sets will boost normal attacks, Vermillion Hereafter, and Echoes of an Offering.
These are the new events and reruns coming to Genshin Impact 2.5
- Two New Story Quest:
- Kamisato Ayato Story Quest: Cypressus Custos
- New Archon Story: Requiem of the Echoes Depths
- Main Event: Hues of the Violet Garden
- The Irodori Festival will be divided into 4 mini-games
- The Moon and Stars: Travelers will take landscape pictures to inspire new poetry.
- Inscribe Theater Mechanicus: The rerun of this mini-game will bring new mechanics and challenges.
- Clash of Lone Blades: A sword pairing event where players will get to practice new sword techniques
- The Floral Courtyard: In this event, players will assist Ayaka in creating Ikebana (Floral Decorations), which players can use in their Serenitea Pot.
- Xingqiu will be the Free Character during this event.
- Spices from the West
- A particular lady from Sumeru arrives in Liyue looking for new spices to experiment with.
- A cooking event that will continue in the Serenitea Pot.
- Vibro-Crystal Research
- A Researcher from Fontaine (Hydro Nation) is on the outskirts of the Chasm researching properties in crystals.
- Travelers will test the crystals in a Combat challenge where players need to clear 6 challenges with 2 chambers each.
- Each stage has a unique theme based and trial characters: Raiden, Venti, Yoimiya, Ayato, Yae Miko, Kokomi, Kazuha, Itto, Albedo, Mona, Ayaka.
- Outside the Canvas, Inside the Lens
- The artist called Asagiri sent a commission to obtain pictures from different nations.
- A laid-back event that will require players to use the in-game photo camera.
- Ley Line Overflowed Rerun