The first of these Franchise Mode updates is now officially on its way.
So what will it include, and when will it arrive?
Latest News - Ratings changes after Week 1
Russell Wilson is up to a massive 98 OVR, while Aaron Rodgers also got a boost.
Adrian Peterson, Josh Jacobs, and Kyler Murray are also among those that got a boost.
New Franchise Mode Update Revealed
EA is delivering on some of the post-launch support that was promised to Madden 21 Franchise Mode.
This will include X-Factor customization, Dev Trait balancing, and more.
Fans will undoubtedly be frustrated to hear that these Franchise Mode changes won't be coming in the upcoming Title Update 3, but rather in mid-November.
Franchise Mode Relocations
There are many football franchises that could have brighter prospects where the grass is greener. For this reason, relocation is a popular front-office move in Franchise Mode.
For Madden 21, we've begun making guides for each major relocation city, and what they offer for your franchise.
Madden 21 Franchise Mode
Initially given very little fanfare and what amounted to a simple roster update and patch, Franchise Mode in Madden 21 was met with hostility.
In responding to fans, EA have given us much more to go on for this year and future games.
The recent Gridiron Notes outlined what fans can expect for Madden 21's Franchise Mode.
Franchise Mode as a live service
The ability to deliver huge patches and updates to players post-release means that today, games are never truly "complete". Developers are always tweaking and fixing, or adding some new flair to their releases.
This is how EA is approaching Madden 21.
DEATH BY A THOUSAND CUTS: Madden 21 will be updated regularly with Franchise tweaks
"The game you buy on launch day is only the beginning of the annual Madden NFL 21 journey. Our commitment to you is to deliver meaningful change to the game throughout the year."
Meaningful change is a fairly vague term, but it certainly means fans can expect more than just roster updates, new scenarios, and new X-Factors in Madden 21 with some pre-launch support and plenty of post-launch.
EA's plan is to deliver the Madden 21 updates in two or three title updates over the course of the coming months. This is the post-launch support players can expect (albeit subject to change).
Madden 21 post-launch support
- Tuning - Improved progression and regression of players. Improve core player progression into the future such that X-Factors and other abilities for older players work well with incoming rookie classes.
- Commissioner Tools - Ability to undo transactions, ability to approve trades, ability to reset a game in case of a disconnect.
- AI Personnel Management - The AI will make better team management decisions in the draft. As well as in free agency and trades.
- Playoff and Super Bowl Presentation - Improve and refresh.
- X-Factor/Superstar Ability Customization - Introduce the ability to customize X-Factor and Abilities on all players. Allowing you to customize your roster as you see fit.
ABILITIES EVERYWHERE: Customizing your player abilities will open up a lot of possibilities
- Career Stats UI - Improved UI showing historical player performances. More immersion and depth on how players have progressed in your Franchise.
- Trade Logic - More fidelity, depth, and authenticity.
- Retirement UI - Better insight into retirements each season to allow players to react/manage.
- Playoffs Update - Add an authentic playoff bracket screen to see who's in, who's won, and who's up next.
By themselves each one is small, but together it makes Madden 21's Franchise Mode more immersive and a touch fresher. More is on the way for Madden 22.
Madden 21 gameplay
Key to the enjoyment of Franchise Mode is gameplay. Madden 21 will feel different in a few ways this year.
The new skill stick heightens player control over ball carriers. And passing should be a more viable thanks to slower user defenders, and lineman memory for pass rush moves from the defense.
User pass rushing is also getting an improvement.
These features add a new layer to the game.