These are the biggest changes now live in the biggest Madden 21 patch yet!
Madden 21 Title Update #3 is officially live - It has already dropped on Origin and Steam, and should roll out on Xbox and PS4 around 11am ET / 4pm BST.
That means plenty of people are returning to the game to try out changes, so it'll be a fantastic time to hit online game modes!
In the this, the biggest Madden 21 update, we've gotten many major gameplay changes.
HERE'S WHAT'S ON THE WAY: There's a lot of fixes to make
This includes the following:
- Fixed a pass rushing issue which prevented defenders from staying in contain when blocked by a running back.
- Fixed an issue where contain players pushed the inside gap instead of their assigned outside gap with their pass rush moves.
- Players without Strip Specialist will no longer cause fumbles on QBs standing in the pocket with normal sack animations in Competitive mode.
- Fixed a motion issue where defenders would leave an open receiver in Nickel, Dime, and Dollar defenses facing Twins/Slot formation
- Defenders will better cover PA plays across several bug fixes
- Fixed tackling animations not working vs Juke and Jurdle moves
- Fixed a logic when QB throwing arm is hit, preventing passes and forcing fumbles or tucking the ball
- More risk for QBs throwing out of sack animations, where late forward motion will be more likely to cause a fumble
- Higher rated receivers will now be less likely to have catch-knockouts against lower rated defenders
Madden Ultimate Team
There's plenty going on in Madden Ultimate Team in Madden 21, and we already have some great fixes for problems that have arrived in Title Update #3.
FRENZY: Madden Ultimate Team has turned into a frenzy with players gearing up their squads with the best of the best
Here's what's been added:
- Menu speed improvements for Madden Ultimate Team and quicker return from game modes
- Speed improvements when interacting with players and items
- Many smaller improvements to the MUT menu UI
Face of the Franchise
Face of the Franchise hasn't gotten many significant changes, but here is what has changed:
- Unspecified stability improvements
- Fixed an issue where difficulty would reset to Rookie each game
Franchise Mode is receiving one of the promised post-release changes announced in response to #FixMaddenFranchise, but it didn't arrive just yet in Madden 21 Title Update #3.
SCULPT THE FUTURE: With your decisions, you can lead the future of the NFL in Franchise Mode
A new Franchise Mode Gridiron Notes is set to release around the start of the NFL season that will detail the first of the promised Franchise Mode changes.
Outside of general gameplay, The Yard received the most love in the newest Madden 21 update.
- Frienderboards will be added, which highlight the highest scores of your friends on events
- Fixed an issue where icons don't appear
- House rules will now correctly display in full
- Fixed an issue where players see "Finding Teammates" after a session
- Removed camera issues where objects could occasionally block view
- Fixed an issue that allowed an extra play at the end of the game if the ball was fumbled out of bounds
- General online stability improvements
- General improvements for menu and interface