After an absolute whopper of an update in Title Update #4, we weren’t sure what Title Update #5 would bring; however, the latest update brings plenty of changes across FIFA 20.
The new patch has launched on PC, but PS4 and Xbox One players will have to wait until a later date. Keep reading for every change made in Title Update #5.
NOW WATCH BELOW: Hashtag Harry takes on the RealSport team in the hardest FIFA 20 Challenge you’ll see!
Similarly to Title Update #4, the new update sees many changes made to general gameplay.
- Reduced effectiveness of first-time shots and volleys from the edge of the box and beyond
- Slightly lowered the impact of high Attributes on error reduction for difficult regular shots
- The Long Shot Attribute had been updated to now impact the results of a shot taken from 65 feet, or further away from the target
- The Finishing Attribute impacts shot results from 55 feet, or closer, to the target
- Shots between 55 and 65 feet from the target will now use a weighted average of the Long Shot and Finishing Attributes when impacting shot results
- Increased the likelihood of shots going off-target when taken from 45 feet, or further, from the target
- When losing possession and transitioning into the Drop Back Defensive Tactic, the defensive team will no longer apply any pressure to the attacking team
- Strikers set to Come Back On Defense Player Instructions will not join the midfield defensive line if it already consists of the maximum allowed players
- Increased likelihood of ball carrier stumbling after being successfully tackled when the defensive player performs a Standing Tackle
Ground passes and driven ground passes taken from difficult angles will now result in the ball traveling with less velocity.
- Allowed players to select the Direct Free Kick camera in more situations
- The aiming reticle for Penalty Kicks now has the same behavior across all types of directional inputs
- CPU AI Controlled goalkeepers will not give away the direction of their dive in Penalty Kick situations, when playing on Legendary and Ultimate difficulties
- Added the ability to perform the VOLTA FOOTBALL celebration for some players in 11v11 matches
- Removed some Lobbed Flair Pass animations from triggering contextually, they can now only be performed with the Flair Pass action
- The defending player will now keep an increased distance between the ball carrier and themselves when using Contain or Teammate Contain
- Added logic to allow more transitions out of blocking animations, specifically when the ball was moving away from the player, or when an unexpected touch occurred
READ MORE: FUT First Owner Objectives are brilliant
Addressed the following Gameplay issues
The following gameplay issues will be resolved in Title Update #5.
- Players will now be able to perform running fake shots when using the digital pad as your Move Player controls
- When receiving a crossed ball and then attempting a shot, the shot input was sometimes resulting in an unexpected action, such as a pass or tackle
- Sometimes, the Shots On Target Match Fact would incorrectly consider situations not originating from a shot
- Headers were being considered as an Air Ball for the purpose of the Air Ball Auto Switch setting, even if the ball trajectory was below 8 feet
- In certain formations, when locked to an individual player, such as when playing as any player that isn’t set to ‘Any’ in Pro Clubs, the Central Attacking Midfielder (CAM) would form the defensive line following a set piece, resulting in positional change
- Improved goalkeeper decision making when rushing outside the box in order to clear or take control of the ball
- Improved goalkeeper decision making regarding when to take control of the ball versus clearing it in order to produce more appropriate results
- Goalkeepers are now more likely to try to clear the ball when rushing outside of the box, when it would be appropriate to do so
- Sometimes, goalkeepers were not heading to clear the ball in contested situations, when it would have been beneficial to do so
- Addressed a rare occurrence of a canceled skill move resulting in unrealistic player acceleration
- Addressed a specific animation that caused players to sometimes miss the ball when performing a lobbed free kick
- Sometimes, the goalkeeper would not attempt to make a save during a Penalty Kick when the ball was too close to them
- Resolved an issue which was sometimes resulting in the ball going through the inside of the goal post
- Addressed a rare occurrence of players being unable to recover the ball following a Kick-In
- Resolved goals sometimes not being correctly attributed to the scorer
No new changes have been made to Ultimate Team, but several previous issues have been resolved.
Addressed the following FUT issues
The following FUT issues will be resolved in Title Update #5.
- Visual issue where a player’s Controller Settings appeared to be locked into the settings required for playing in VOLTA FOOTBALL in situations where you were playing a FUT Match after previously playing a VOLTA FOOTBALL match
- Visual indication in FUT Rivals, related to the guest player information, of which team was playing Home or Away
- Some FIFA Point options were not properly displaying the appropriate currency symbol
- Visuals overlapping on the Rewards screen after completion of some Squad Building Challenges
- Visual issue during a pack opening for a Loan Player Item where the Loan Icon was displaying before the rest of the Player Item
- Visual issue on the FUT Champions Leaderboards resulting in overlay misalignment
- When playing the Swaps House Rule, the Quick Sub option was still appearing in-game despite the mode not supporting substitutions
- When scrolling through multiple Season Objectives, sometimes the reward image from one Objective would display incorrectly on another Objective
- Desyncs when watching a FUT Champions Channel replay in some situations
- It was possible to initiate a FUT Rivals match without claiming the previous competitions rewards, which would result in a server error
- Selecting to search on the Transfer Market from the Radial Menu of a Concept Player will no longer pre-populate the search filters with a Position or Max Coin value
- Stability issue when repeatedly scrolling through the search results on the Transfer Market tab of the Squad screen
- Sometimes, when moving duplicate Player Items on the New Items screen between the Transfer List and Keep Items sections, the duplicate Player Item was not being sorted as a duplicate Item, resulting in a server error when you attempted to send that Item to your Club
- Chemistry changes from Position Modifier Consumable Items were not properly being reflected in Team
- Chemistry in the Squad Build Challenge screen in some situations until the player logged out and back into FUT
- Resetting the filters on the Club Tab of the Squad Screen was still resulting in those filters being applied if you switched between the Squad and Club tabs again
- Celebration animations displayed on the Season Objective HUB were displaying an incorrect kit
- The Skill Rating logo was incorrectly displaying next to a player’s Weekly Score on the Rivals HUB
- PC Only: The E button was not functioning correctly on the Club Tab when Multi-Swap was active
READ MORE: FIFA 20 Complete Skill Moves Guide
Career Mode faced a difficult start to FIFA 20, with so many bugs being reported that the game mode had it’s own Twitter trend, #FixCareerMode.
Well, the popular football simulator experienced a much needed overhaul as part of Title Update #4, therefore there are few changes to report in the new update.
Changes to Career Mode
- When creating a Pro in Player Career, the maximum height can now be set to 6’9”
Addressed the following Career Mode issues
- Unable to skip the pre-match cinematics for some important matches.
- When creating a Pro in Player Career, the black shoes were incorrectly showing as totally black
Click “Next” to continue reading about Title Update #5.