The release of NBA 2K22 is finally here and with it, Season 2 (Build Your Empire) is LIVE and ready for you to start grinding.
The latest Primetime Pack features some incredible players and we have a way for you to land a pack for free!
With the game full speed ahead, we're excited to keep you informed on everything happening in NBA 2K22 this year!
LATEST - Get a FREE Primetime Pack
With NBA 2K22 getting new cards added to MyTEAM every week, some players feel as if they're behind the ball on getting the best packs.
The good news is that we have a way for you to earn a free Primetime pack in NBA 2K22 MyTEAM and it won't take a lot of time either.
All you'll have to do is complete these three agendas that will be available for a few days:
- Tatum Scores 41 - Score 41 points with a Celtics PF in a single game
- George 8 Steals - Get 8 steals with Clippers players over multiple games.
- Bulls 4-0 - Win 4 games using 3 Bulls players
For more on the contents of the Primetime packs, follow this link.
NBA 2K22 Release Date
NBA 2K22 was officially released on Friday, September 10, 2021.
Release time varied based on your time zone, with North America having static times, while international time zones release at midnight local time.
Our NBA 2K22 Review
Check out our review of NBA 2K22 on next-gen platforms and see if the game has finally taken things to another level or is stuck in the past.
Day 1 Patch Update
As with most games, there's always a patch update to fix the game immediately after the game launches. This shouldn't be thought of as a problem though, it's great to see developers ready to fix games.
The first update was essentially a bug fix on all platforms. We know that it took a little extra time to download on PS5 than it did on Xbox Series X|S. Unfortunately, NBA 2K22 hasn't released the patch notes just yet.
For what we know about the first patch in NBA 2K22, follow this link!
Purchase NBA 2K22 Today!
GameStop NBA 2K22
- NBA 2K22 WNBA 25th Anniversary GameStop Exclusive - Xbox Series X - $69.99
- NBA 2K22 75th Anniversary Edition - PlayStation 4 - $99.99
- NBA 2K22 75th Anniversary Edition - Xbox One - $99.99
- NBA 2K22 75th Anniversary Edition - Xbox Series X - $99.99
- NBA 2K22 75th Anniversary Edition - PlayStation 5 - $99.99
- NBA 2K22 75th Anniversary Edition - PC - $99.99
- NBA 2K22 75th Anniversary Edition - Nintendo Switch - $99.99
- NBA 2K22 - PlayStation 4 - $59.99
- NBA 2K22 - Xbox Series X - $69.99
- NBA 2K22 - Xbox One - $59.99
- NBA 2K22 - PlayStation 5 - $69.99
- NBA 2K22 - Nintendo Switch - $59.99
- NBA 2K22 - PC - $59.99
Microsoft Store NBA 2K22
- NBA 2K22 - Xbox One - $59.99
- NBA 2K22 NBA 75th Anniversary Edition - $99.99
- NBA 2K22 Cross-Gen Digital Bundle - $79.99
- NBA 2K22 for Xbox Series X|S - $69.99
You can also purchase from the official NBA 2K22 site itself right here.
NBA 2K22 Covers, Editions
NBA 2K22 has five stunning covers across its many editions.
Luka Doncic of the Dallas Mavericks graces the cover of both the Standard Edition and Cross-Gen Digital Bundles this year, but that's just the beginning.
To celebrate the founding of the NBA, the NBA 2K22 75th Anniversary Edition has legends Dirk Nowitzki and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on the cover along with current NBA veteran Kevin Durant.
Meanwhile, WNBA legend and Chicago Sky's own Candace Parker is on the cover of a special Standard Edition sold exclusively in North America through GameStop, and Rui Hachimura is getting a regional Standard Edition cover in Japan.
New Gameplay Features
2K has revealed all of the new features in NBA 2K22, including changes to its core game modes! Check out all of the changes added to next-gen and current-gen editions here.
The very first NBA 2K22 reveal trailer went live on July 14, 2021, and it's been a roller coaster ever since!
Take a look at the official Gameplay Trailer below:
See the new look of The City and The Neighborhood in the exciting trailer below:
Check out the latest on NBA 2K22 trailers here, including behind the scenes footage with some of this year's cover athletes.
New Badges Revealed
Per a Courtside Report NBA 2K22 revealed new features and 17 new badges coming to the game.
These badges already look strong, so let's dive into all of the new NBA 2K22 badges!
A guide for better shooting in NBA 2K22
Players have had trouble knocking down shots in NBA 2K22 and if you're one of them this shooting guide is definitely going to help you.
One of the ways players can shoot better is by adding Badges, which will allow you to get a big boost to your shot attempts. Learn more about the best shooting Badges here!
Here are some tips from the NBA 2K22 community to help you shoot better:
- Release the button when the ball is at eye level (mileage may vary depending on your shot animation).
- Change the color of the shot meter to red for more clarity.
- Create space with screens to gain a larger window.
To read our full shooting guide in NBA 2K22, follow this link!