NBA 2K22 is here and players are in the process of grinding through the game. The first thing many players will do is jump right into MyCAREER to get to grinding badges for their MyPLAYER builds.
This year there's plenty of badges to work toward, with 17 new badges joining the 49 badges from NBA 2K21 sticking around, some with some tweaks as well.
Here's every new NBA 2K22 badge to build toward on your MyPLAYER this year.
UPDATED - Badge Balancing Update is LIVE
It seems as if NBA 2K22 has taken a look at the Badges this year and decided to put out a balancing update to fix some concerns.
This is a minor update but will have an instant effect on three popular Badges. The Badges are Mismatch Expert, Blinders, and Unpluckable.
As you can see the changes to the Badges are:
- Slight reduction in the effectiveness of Mismatch Expert and Blinders
- Increased effectiveness of Unpluckable
No patch download is required for this update, but it'd be smart to check for updates to make sure it's been applied.
What are the best NBA 2K22 badges?
While we don't have reveals yet for how past badges may be tweaked in NBA 2K22, there are some new NBA 2K22 badges that stound out from the pack already - and they'll likely be a target for many different MyPLAYER builds.
With this in mind, here are the best NBA 2K22 badges we've seen so far:
This badge will be an absolute menace in NBA 2K22, giving players speed and effectiveness for dribble moves while moving. For the large population of players running Playmaking Shot Creator guard builds and spamming dribble moves at the top of the key until something happens, this badge will undoubtedly be one of the first on the list to grab up. It will make guard players that put themselves in bad spots harder, and let guards get by with some sloppy positioning.
Dealing with players that can green 3 point shots from outer space will never be easy, but the new NBA 2K22 badge Limitless Spot-Up won't help in the slightest.
This badge improves players' ability to hit logo 3's off of a catch and shoot situation. With this, players will be able to space beyond the arc all the way to the logo, and command defenders to come out and meet them there or face the consequences.
NBA 2K22 Badges: 17 New Badges Available
These 17 badges are entirely new, and are available for use in NBA 2K22:
- Fast Twitch: Ability to get off the floor quicker for standing layups and dunks
- Grace Under Pressure: Ability to convert standing layups more effectively
- Limitless Takeoff: Ability to soar from further away on driving dunk attempts
- Mouse in the House: Ability for bigs to finish over shorter players more efficiently
- Unstrippable: Ability to secure the ball better when gathering for a layup/dunk in traffic
- Chef: Ability to knock down Steph-like off-dribble deep 3’s
- Limitless Spot-up: Ability to hit logo-range 3’s off a catch and shoot
- Lucky #7: Boosts your ability to score when shooting early in the clock
- Mismatch Expert: Ability to successfully shoot over taller defenders on a switch
- Glue Hands: Ability to make difficult catches and quicker branch out to a shot or dribble
- Hyperdrive: Boosts the speed and effectiveness of moving dribble moves
- Quick Chain: Boosts the ability to quickly chain dribble moves together
- Post Playmaker: Boosts the effectiveness of both shots and moves when playing in the post
- Triple Threat Juke: Increases the effectiveness of triple threat fakes, jabs, and go moves
- Ball Stripper: Ability to strip layup and dunk attempts more effectively
- Hustler: Ability to get to those scrappy 50/50 balls quicker than opponents
- Menace: Significantly drops the offensive ratings of opponents when you smother them
READ MORE: New NBA 2K22 Shot Meter is Coming
Best Shooting Badges for your MyPLAYER
Shooting in NBA 2K22 has been mostly met with praise, but some players are still struggling with taking good shots and greening consistently.
One of the ways you can help with shooting this year is applying shooting Badges that give your MyPLAYER a boost to the shot.
For instance, if you have the Sniper Badge equipped you can expect these bonuses to your shot:
- Increases the edges of the "green" window
- Each Badge level is a 3% to 5% increase
For the rest of the best Shooting Badges in NBA 2K22, follow this link!
From the very beginning, these badges sound like they give way too many extra options and weapons to Guards in NBA 2K22 - who have already run the show in online play for many years now.
With a real focus on shooting deep 3's and on dribble moves, we could continue to see the problem of guards spamming dribble moves then greening ridiculous 3-point shots with these new NBA 2K22 badges.
READ MORE: New Dribble Moves Coming to NBA 2K22
NBA 2K22 Changes for Old Badges
While 2K revealed these 17 new NBA 2K22 badges, there was also mention of the 63 badges. In the Gameplay Report, it's mentioned that many of these old returning badges will also be getting some tweaks and changes.
Once 2K reveals what changes are coming and how they'll affect gameplay in NBA 2K22 - we'll update here.
READ MORE: NBA 2K22 Adds New Dunk Creator Game Mode