MLB The Show 22 Diamond Dynasty continues to add more events and things for players to enjoy at the moment.
Most recently there have also been new Topps Now cards added along with the Bosses Band event that you can take part in.
Here's what to know about Diamond Dynasty and the reveals of the Diamond Choice packs in MLB The Show 22.
Latest - Future of the Franchise West Conquest solved
Along with the arrival of the Future of the Franchise program, we've got a new Conquest map for players to handle.
After initially teasing up to eight hidden rewards scattered about this map, we've now been able to confirm that many are up for grabs.
This is only the first Conquest addition to this program with at least one more already confirmed and likely another on the way after that.
Diamond Dynasty Tasks
MLB The Show 22 has plenty of new content coming to Diamond Dynasty, and that includes the next major ratings shift.
With the Halladay and Friends program now in place, players will have to keep in mind just how short this offering is in Diamond Dynasty.
Contrary to the other more lengthy programs, Halladay and Friends is just two weeks long with a conclusion already creeping up.
Check out our latest MLB The Show 22: Diamond Dynasty Weekly To-Do List including the latest roster update here.
Diamond Dynasty Feature Premiere
If you've been keeping up with MLB The Show 22, you'll probably know that there have been a few reveals by way of "Feature Premiere".
We've seen new gameplay, the game on Nintendo Switch, new Legends, and more. Well soon, we'll get to see a full stream solely about Diamond Dynasty.
Our most recent Feature Premiere was about the March to October and Franchise game modes. This is also the YouTube channel you'll want to keep your eyes on for the MLB The Show Diamond Dynasty reveal.
To learn more about March to October and Franchise Mode, follow this link.
MLB The Show 22 Release Date
The official release date for MLB The Show 22 wass April 5th, 2022, and that date has now been and gone.
So far, we've received a ton of reveals on the game and one we're excited about is how the game will perform on Nintendo Switch, for the first time it'll be on the platform.
Diamond Dynasty is likely going to get a lot of attention, especially after the feature premiere next week.
Once we have more information on MLB The Show 22 Diamond Dynasty, we'll be sure to update you here.
What is Diamond Dynasty?
For those who haven't played it in previous years, Diamond Dynasty amounts to MLB The Show's own version of an Ultimate Team game mode.
It's similar in many ways to the Ultimate Team in FIFA 22, Madden 22, and NHL 22, but Diamond Dynasty is catered to the nature of baseball and tends to run much smoother than any of EA's iterations of the game mode do.
Players play to earn new packs which contain cards featuring baseball stars of the past and present, but these virtual cards also often pull classic card art from some of the most gorgeous baseball cards ever made.
The mix of classic card art for some and modern designs for others provides a unique balance as you work to unlock new players and round out your Diamond Dynasty lineup.
As players play through Diamond Dynasty, every game provides experience and allows you to unlock more packs and gain access to more powerful players.
Diamond Dynasty Game Modes
While not everything is confirmed, we do expect to at least see the core Diamond Dynasty game modes of last year return in MLB The Show 22.
That should mean a mix of single player game modes to play offline and some online competitive options for multiplayer action.
Here are the Diamond Dynasty game modes we saw in MLB The Show 21 that we expect to return in MLB The Show 22:
- Battle Royale: This online multiplayer mode lets players drafter their own teams ahead of time just for these matches, leveling the playing field if you don't have enough cards yet, and you compete to get as many wins as possible before losing three games.
- Conquest: This exciting single player mode works like a strategic mini-game similar to RISK, and you battle opposing teams to gain territories with the opportunity to earn hidden rewards that are in specific territories.
- Events: Events change every week or two starting at launch, and these restrictive competitions require teams made up of specific kinds of players as you compete against others online.
- Moments: This single player mode is often linked to Player Programs, and it lets you play out specific historic games or innings from the careers of baseball's legends.
- Showdown: This single player mode lets you draft a team and choose specific perks for your lineup before taking on a series of challenges culminating in a final boss where you must outscore them with a number of consecutive at-bats.
- Ranked Seasons: The final and most challenging game mode is the one where the true legends of Diamond Dynasty and the game's most competitive players go to prove themselves. Battle others near your ranking or skill level for huge rewards at the end of each in-game season.
All of these should return, but we're hoping for even more as the game moves into year two on next gen platforms.
Last year, the primary differences for next gen were the custom Stadium Creator mode and improved graphics, but they could push even farther with a new Diamond Dynasty game mode that pushes next gen tech once again.
Whether Diamond Dynasty features the same great things as last year or chooses to innovate once again, it'll be a big part of MLB The Show 22 on all platforms.
First cards of Diamond Choice packs
Great news for players that have placed a pre order on MLB The Show 22. The first two cards of the Diamond Choice packs have been revealed.
Mickey Mantle and Rickey Henderson are both on the way to MLB The Show 22 and the other three players will be revealed soon.
We have some predictions for the other three players:
- Chipper Jones
- Shohei Ohtani
- Lou Gehrig
To learn more about the Diamond Choice packs and how to get them, follow this link.
Claim 10 free packs
MLB The Show 22 has now landed Day One on Xbox Game Pass, and that means all subscribers can download and play right away.
However, something that's less clear is that Xbox Game Pass subscribers also gain access to a bundle of free packs via their subscription.
In order to claim these rewards, you'll need to open up and be logged into the Xbox Game Pass app on your console or your mobile phone.
Find out more about how to claim 10 free packs with Xbox Game Pass.
For more articles like this, take a look at our MLB The Show page.