NBA 2K21 on next gen will entirely redesign the game! Perhaps the biggest changes will relate to 22 new next gen badges, and the removal of 22 old badges.
Let's break down all of the new badges, and which badges will be gone come next gen.
NBA 2K21 Next Gen Badge Changes
Next gen NBA 2K21 will bring an entirely new game to the table, after already creating an incredibly successful game for current gen.
The biggest change heading to next gen will be an entire new set of 22 NBA 2K21 badges, and the removal of 22 current badges.
All New Next Gen NBA 2K21 Badges
Let's go over all of the new badges on their way to the game, and what they offer.
- Ankle Braces – Makes it tougher for ball handlers to break your ankles
- Anti-Freeze – Harder to get cold and lose takeover meter progress
- Blinders – Less affected by peripheral defenders when shooting jumpers
- Bullet Passer – Gives you the ability to throw laser dots like LeBron
- Circus Threes – Improved ability to hit pull-up and stepback 3’s
- Clutch Defender – Boosts your defensive ratings in clutch moments
- Deep Threes – Dame and Curry range 3 balls
- Fade Ace – Boosts all post fadeaways
- Fearless Finisher – Boosts contact layups and decreases fatigue
- Heat Seeker – Boosts takeover progress on inside shots
- Highlight Film – Boosts teammate takeover progress on flashy dunks
- Hook Specialist – Boosts hook shot ability
- Hot Shot – Increases takeover meter faster when knocking down jumpers
- Hot Stopper – Boosts takeover meter for good defensive plays like steals, blocks, and good
- Relay Passer – Boosts the shooter on pass to assist situations
- Revived Posterizer – Contact dunks!
- Rhythm Shooter – Boosts shot %’s out of size-ups as well as 1-step pull-ups
- Rise Up – Boosts ability to do standing dunks in traffic
- Set Shooter – Shooting ability improves the longer you set and wait before pulling
- Sniper – Boosts the ability to hit shots when using Pro Stick aiming
- Special Delivery – Boosts takeover progress for the passer and receiver off a flashy pass assist
- Stop & Pop Three – for the JJ Redicks who want to pull-up for threes in transition
NBA 2K21 badges getting removed
There will be 22 current NBA 2K21 badges getting removed come next gen. These badges are a combination of underused and overused badges to shake things up.
Some of these badges have been around for years, and players will be glad to see them gone to open up creative doors for MyPLAYER builds.
These badges are being removed from NBA 2K21 on next gen.
Consistent Finisher, Contact Finisher, Cross-Key Scorer, Fancy Footwork, Fastbreak Finisher, Deep Hooks, Pick & Roller, Relentless Finisher, Showtime, Deep Fades, Flexible Release, Hot Start, Pick & Popper, Pump Fake Maestro, Range Extender, Quick Draw, Steady Shooter, Pass Fake Maestro, Flashy Passer, Lob City Passer, Lightning Reflexes, and Moving Truck.
Perhaps the most exciting removals are Contact Finisher, Flexible Release, and Range Extender. These badges have been mandatory includes for most MyPLAYER builds for years, and will add more creative options to the game.