The NBA 2K series has some infamous badges that have lasted for years, and many remain in NBA 2K21. But 22 badges will be removed on next gen, and 22 new badges will be added!
Let's go over all the details!
NBA 2K21 Badges Removed for Next-Gen
These current NBA 2K21 badges are getting the boot come next-gen, and we couldn't be happier for it!
This list features: Consistent Finisher, Contact Finisher, Cross-Key Scorer, Fancy Footwork, Fastbreak Finisher, Deep Hooks, Pick & Roller, Relentless Finisher, Showtime, Deep Fades, Flexible Release, Hot Start, Pick & Popper, Pump Fake Maestro, Range Extender, Quick Draw, Steady Shooter, Pass Fake Maestro, Flashy Passer, Lob City Passer, Lightning Reflexes, and Moving Truck.
This list includes some badges that players have wanted to be removed for years, including Contact Finisher, Range Extender, Quick Draw, and more.
READ MORE:Next-Gen NBA 2K21 Gameplay Revealed
It also includes badges that never really found a home, including Pump Fake Maestro, Pass Fake Maestro, and Lob City Passer.
New NBA 2K21 Badges on Next-Gen
The 22 new and reworked badges coming to NBA 2K21 on next-gen will entirely shake up the meta of MyPLAYER builds and add tons of new possibilities. This is, of course, in conjunction with the removal of color pies, and Takeover rework.
These new badges are described as the following in the new NBA 2K21 Courtside Report:
- Ankle Braces – Makes it tougher for ball handlers to break your ankles
- Anti-Freeze – Harder to get cold and lose takeover meter progress
- Blinders – Less affected by peripheral defenders when shooting jumpers
- Bullet Passer – Gives you the ability to throw laser dots like LeBron
- Circus Threes – Improved ability to hit pull-up and stepback 3’s
- Clutch Defender – Boosts your defensive ratings in clutch moments
- Deep Threes – Dame and Curry range 3 balls
- Fade Ace – Boosts all post fadeaways
- Fearless Finisher – Boosts contact layups and decreases fatigue
- Heat Seeker – Boosts takeover progress on inside shots
- Highlight Film – Boosts teammate takeover progress on flashy dunks
- Hook Specialist – Boosts hook shot ability
- Hot Shot – Increases takeover meter faster when knocking down jumpers
- Hot Stopper – Boosts takeover meter for good defensive plays like steals, blocks, and good
- Relay Passer – Boosts the shooter on pass to assist situations
- Revived Posterizer – Contact dunks!
- Rhythm Shooter – Boosts shot %’s out of size-ups as well as 1-step pull-ups
- Rise Up – Boosts ability to do standing dunks in traffic
- Set Shooter – Shooting ability gets better the longer you set and wait before pulling
- Sniper – Boosts the ability to hit shots when using Pro Stick aiming
- Special Delivery – Boosts takeover progress for the passer and receiver off a flashy pass assist
- Stop & Pop Three – for the JJ Redicks who want to pull-up for threes in transition
Breaking Down New Badges
The new NBA 2K21 badges support plenty of different basketball skillsets. This in conjunction with the removal of color pies for next-gen will open the doors wide open for MyPLAYER buids.
This will shake the NBA 2K21 Park and PRO-AM metas up tremendously, and make it feel like a whole new game just a couple months after initial release did the same.
While we're sure these badges will need rebalancing as the game progresses, this is a huge step forward for the series as a whole.