During the Genshin Impact 3.1 Livestream, we received confirmation that the Nilou 5-star Hydro sword character will be featured in one of the four banners coming for the next update.
Dressed with attire from traditional Iranian dancers, Nilou is an advocate for the traditions and arts in Sumeru, a supporter of the Dendro Archon, and she stands against the current values of the Akademiya.
Nilou will wield swords and take advantage of the new Dendro Reactions, making her a strong DPS pick for future content.
With that in mind, we have prepared a pre-farming guide with all the ascension and talent materials needed to be ready for Nilou's big debut
Nilou Release Date
Genshin Impact 3.1 will go live on September 28, 2022, the same day as the second anniversary. However, Nilou will be featured on the banners of the Second Phase.
Based on the previous update, the Nilou banner will be released on October 14, 2022. But, we will know for sure in some days, as Genshin Impact patches had been adjusted for the rest of 2022.
Nilou Farming Guide
Nilou has decided to pursue a different path in the land of wisdom. She loves arts and practices a dance that resembles a Lotus Flower.
In combat, Nilou will carry Hydro vision and use swords as weapons. In addition, Nilou will be a specialist in the Hyberbloom (Dendro + Hydro) reaction.
Nilou Ascension Materials
These are the ascension materials players need for Nilou, one will become available until Genshin Impact 3.1, but we can start farming the rest.
These components are an ascension material dropped by the Aeonblightdrake, a new world boss coming on Genshin Impact 3.1.
- The latest automaton will be located in an underground Cave in Sumeru's Rain Forest.
- Players need x46 Perpetual Caliber for Lv. 90 Nilou.
- The Aeonblightdrake drops 2-3 pieces of these materials once it is defeated for the cost of 40 resins.
Sumeru Specialty. The Padisarah was nearly extinct due to its challenging growth conditions and the value of its buds used as a rare spice.
- There are 64 Padisarah in the wild that refresh every 48 hours.
- Players require x168 Padisarah for Lv. 90 Nilou.
- Travelers can buy Padisarah in the Grand Bazar with NPC Jut.
Fungi are very diverse in Sumeru. The enemies can be found in Rainforest Areas near cliffs, trees, and water bodies.
These enemies drop two types of common materials when defeated. Unfortunately, the ones necessary for Nilou, are obtained less often.
- To reach the lv. 90 with Nilou travelers required:
- 18 Fungai Spores
- 30 Luminescent Pollen
- 36 Crystalline Cyst Dust
Nilou Talent Materials
Sumeru Fungi population is high, but if you are looking for extra Fungi Materials, there are some Floating Mushrooms in the Underground Mines of the Chasm.
- Nilou talents require the following materials:
- 18 Fungai Spores
- 66 Luminescent Pollen
- 93 Crystalline Cyst Dust
For the second Tier of Talent Materials, Genshin Impact introduced a new Domain of Mastery called Steeple of Ignorance.
In the domain, travelers will receive Stone Tables rather than the traditional Books but they work in the same way.
Praxis Series is Talent-level materials that can be obtained in the Steeple of Ignorance Domain on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday.
To max Nilou's Talents, players need to collect:
- 9 Teachings of Praxis
- 63 Guide to Praxis
- 114 Philosophies of Praxis
Trounce Domain: End of the Oneiric Euthymia
Magatsu Mitake Narukami no Mikoto is the name of the latest weekly boss. Players need to battle the Raiden Shogun, the puppet created by the Electro Archon.
The Raiden Shogun will drop Tears of the Calamitous God when defeated.
- Nilou needs 18 of these Tears for max talents.
Varunada Lazurite orbs are common Ascencion Materials used to level-up Hydro Characters in Genshin Impact.
Players will find pieces of this by defeating:
- Hydro Hypostasis
- Rhodeia of Loch
- Childe Tartaglia
- Primo Geovishap
The ores are also randomly obtained in chests, daily commission rewards, and events.
Best Weapons for Nilou
As every 5-star feature in a time-limited banner, Nilou will receive a Tailor made weapon called Key of Khay Nisut. The 5-star sword is golden and designed as an Egyptian Weapon just like Cyno's Polearm.
In case you are saving your Primogems for characters, Key of Khay Nisut is a bit niche with HP substats. There are some alternatives.
- Despite the 5-star sword, Freedom Sworn doesn't have HP stats. The elemental mastery and buff will increase Nilou's damage output. She can get the extra HP in artifacts.
- An option less expensive is the Standard Banner 5-star sword. The Skyward Blade will increase her Crit chances and her Attack Speed.
- Nilou required to be a lot of time in the field, therefore the fastest she attack the more DMG.
- For F2P we think the Inazuma Crafting Sword will provide Nilou with an extra attack and the Energy Particles to keep her Elemental Burst ready in every rotation.