Genshin Impact 3.1 is finally here, the second chapter of Sumeru Lore is live for players to enjoy. Along with the new patch, Cyno debuted in a banner. The Akademiya Scholar is the latest 5-star character in the game.
Cyno, in the game, wears an outfit similar to the Egyptian God Anubis, and he will be the second male Electro Character. We will run into him on our way to the King Deshret Mausoleum.
We have prepared a farming guide for Cyno materials to get the most out of character on his release in Genshin Impact 3.1!
Cyno is part of the first phase of Genshin Impact 3.1 Character Banners, which will go live on September 28, 2022, along with the rerun of Venti and Candace, the new 4-star character.
- Twilight Arbiter is the Banner that features Cyno, a 5-star Electro Polearm Character.
The following 4-star characters complete the Banner.
- Candace - 4-star Hydro, Polearm User
- Kuki Shinobu - 4-star Electro, Polearm User
- Sayu - 4-star Anemo, Claymore User.
Cyno Farming Guide
A scholar from the Akademiya, the ruler institution in Sumeru. Cyno is in charge of the disciplinary committee that punishes Scholars that overstep.
In combat, Cyno is a 5-star Electro Polearm character. Like Raiden Shogun, Cyno enters a special state where his normal attacks will be enhanced.
Cyno Ascension Materials
These are the ascension materials players need for Cyno. Almost all are available now, but we will have to wait for Genshin Impact 3.1 to collect scarabs in the Sumeru Desert.
Ascension material dropped by the Electro Regisvine, one of the new bosses released in Genshin Impact 3.0.
- This boss will be located inside a cave in Sumeru.
- Players need x46 Thunderclap Fruitcore for Lv. 90 Cyno.
- The Regisvine drops 2-3 pieces of these materials once it is defeated for the cost of 40 resins.
Small moving creatures that we will find in the ruins of the Red King Civilization in Sumeru
- Players require x168 Scarabs for Lv. 90 Cyno.
- In future updates, we can expect some of these insects as part of the item of NPC shops.
These are shamans with Elemental powers usually found in Hilichurls camps, a common enemy that drops the world material: Scrolls.
- For raising Cyno to Lv. 90 players need:
- 18 Divining Scroll
- 30 Sealed Scroll
- 36 Forbidden Curse Scroll
Cyno Talent Materials
One of the best ways to gather Talent Materials for Cyno is by attacking camps of Hilichurls.
- Samachurls are found in all areas of the game, so it is not very hard to collect these materials.
- To increase Cyno Talents to the max, players required:
- 18 Divining Scroll
- 66 Sealed Scroll
- 93 Forbidden Curse Scroll
For the second Tier of Talent Materials, Genshin Impact introduced a new Domain Of Mastery called Steeple of Ignorance.
The domain, instead of Dropping Books, now travelers will receive Stone Tables, but they work in the same way as the previous talent materials.
Admonition Series are Talent-level materials that players can obtain in the Steeple of Ignorance on Monday, Thursday, and Sunday.
To max Cyno's Talents, players need to collect:
- 9 Teachings of Admonition
- 63 Guide to Admonition
- 114 Philosophies of Admonition
Trounce Domain: End of the Oneiric Euthymia
Magatsu Mitake Narukami no Mikoto is the name of the latest weekly boss. Players need to battle the Raiden Shogun, the puppet created by the Electro Archon.
The Raiden Shogun will drop The Mudra of the Malefic General when defeated.
- Cyno needs 18 of these puppet hands for max talents.
Common Ascencion Ores are used to level-up Electro Characters in Genshin Impact.
Players will find the first pieces by defeating:
- Electro Hypostasis
- Electro Regisvine
- Thunder Manifestation
- Coral Defenders
- Primo Geovishap
The ores are also randomly obtained in chests, daily commission rewards, and events.
Best Weapons & Artifacts for Cyno
Fortunately, there are a lot of Gacha and F2P polearm good options in the game. Even though probably, the best weapon for Cyno will be his signature weapon, the Staff of Scarlet Sands.
But if you are thinking of skipping the next weapon banner, these are the weapons we think will suit Cyno well.
Primordial Jade Winged-spear
- Weapons of the Primordial Jade Series are top-notch for most DPS characters, and Cyno is no exception, with a high ATK based and Crit. Rate will increase the Damage output of the new Electro 5-star character.
- The weapon from the Inazuma fishing association is a 4-star weapon in the ball level of some 5-stars with a massive buff to Elemental Burst DMG.
- Based on Cyno's skills, we know his primary source of DMG is his Elemental Burst, which works similarly to the Raiden Shogun special attack. Therefore the Catch is the best F2P option.
If you don't have any of these two weapons, you can pair Cyno with any 5-star polearm in your inventory and have decent results.
For Cyno's artifact set, we think that Gilded Dreams is an excellent choice cause it buffs either his ATK or Elemental Mastery, both valuable stats.
Cyno, in battle, stays for long periods in the field to unleash all the damage of his abilities. Therefore Energy Recharge is not an issue. So, we recommend focusing on Crit. Rate/Crit DMG and Elemental Master.
Luckily, Cyno seems to be very flexible when it comes to Artifacts. Hence players can use the very accessible Gladiator's Finale Set as an alternative, especially if they have High DMG stats.
The set for Electro DMG dealer is also an option for the reduction of Cooldown, but the CD reduction can mess with the timing of Cyno's passive Featherfall Judgment.