Nilou is one of the 6 new characters introduced in the latest Genshin Impact Trailer.
She was described as a unique character who decided to follow a different path from the people of her nation. Instead of knowledge, Nilou is passionate about dancing and the arts.
Nilou is a young girl with red hair and horns like the ones of Azhdaha, and her vision is Hydro.
Now, that Nilou's debut is confirmed by Hoyoverse, here's everything we knor about her so far between leaks and official reveals.
Nilou Release Date
Leaks indicate that Nilou will be featured in a banner of Genshin Impact 3.1.
Based on the 2022 schedule, we can expect version 3.1 to go live on October 5, 2022.
However, the date may change if Hoyoverse decided to adjust the duration of Genshin Impact 3.0 due to the Celebration of the Second Anniversary on September 28.
Data miners believe Nilou and Cyno are the two 5-stars coming on Genshin Impact 3.1.
Additionally, during the version 2.8 beta, leakers found files with a character under the name Candace.
Genshin Blank, a reliable source, thinks Candace is the 4-star arriving along with Cyno and Nilou. Candace is a 4-star hydro Polearm character.
Nilou Skills & Abilities
Nilou seems to have a very efficient Hydro Application, however, she seems to have long cooldown abilities.
However, Nilou's abilities will boost the Damage produced by the seeds dropped by the Dendro - Hydro elemental reaction.
She will increase the damage to her teammates based on Nilou's HP when Bloom's reaction occurs.
- Elemental Skill
- Nilou slashes her sword 4 times, afterwards, a ring of water appears in the field inflicting Hydro DMG.
- Elemental Burst
- Nilou makes a dancing move to summon an AoE that splashes water between enemies, applying Hydro DMG.
We have to wait to know the Ascension and Talent materials for Nilou, as soon as the information is available we will update this section.
We have little information in regard to Nilou's potential. However, we can speculate based on the footage and the leaks about her abilities.
- The 4-star Sacrificial Sword can end the cooldown of her Elemental Skill, increasing her DMG
- Timber Blade, the 4-star Craftable Sword from Sumeru will increase the DMG caused by elemental reactions.
- Considering Nilou's DMG is based on her abilities, Noblesse Oblige is a good option from the artifact sets available in the game now.
- We think Nilou's hydro application fits very well with Vape Teams. Especially the variations that will rise with the addition of Dendro.
- Suggested Team:
- DPS: Hu Tao, Xianling
- Sub DPS: Nilou
- Elemental Enabler: Collei
- Support: Zhongli, Candace
We will be adding more details about Nilou as they are revealed, we recommend taking the information with a grain of salt as things are most likely to change.