Genshin Impact 3.4, the first major update of 2023, will bring a new area in Sumeru full of enemies and surprises. Additionally, we are getting two new Dendro Characters.
The next patch will include the traditional Lantern Rite event celebrating the new Chinese Year with many free rewards. Here is everything you need to know about it.
Release Date & Maintenance Server
The Genshin Impact 3.4 update will go live on January 18, 2023, and will last until March 1, 2023. The update will be divided into two phases of 21 days each.
Before that, the game servers will go under maintenance in preparation for the new patch on January 18, 2022, at 6:00 am server time (Chinese Standard Time).
In other time zones, servers will go down at:
- EST - January 17 at 5 pm.
- PT - January 17 at 2 pm.
- GMT - January 17 at 10 pm
Servers will be down for around 5 hours, and players will receive 300 compensatory Primogems for the time they cannot play the game.
Genshin Impact 3.4 Primogems Guide
The Year of the Rabit celebration in Genshin Impact will be very generous with players in terms of Primogems, giving them 14 Intertwined Wishes. Therefore, we have calculated the Primogems available in Genshin Impact 3.4 to help determine how significant the benefits are.
- The total final count for new F2P Primogems in Genshin Impact 3.2 is roughly 11250 Primogems + 14 Acquaint Fates.
- For those players able to clear the Spiral Abyss with three stars on each floor, they will get 13050 Primogems
- The amount of Primogems guaranteed a 5-star character and a big chunk of the next pity.
- Investing in the Welkin Moon and Battle Pass, players can reach around 18k Primogems, guaranteeing a 5-star character.
Check our guide here to know how to get all these Primogems.
Genshin Impact 3.4 Banners
Hoyoverse has confirmed that Alhaitham and Yao Yao are the two new Dendro characters debuting in Genshin Impact 3.4 banners.
Alhaitham is the second male character from the element, and Yao Yao is the first dendro character born and raised in Liyue no in Sumeru.
Phase 1 Banners
- Phase 1 Banners
The first weapon banner will feature the new 5-star Sword, Light of Foliar Sanction Alhaitham's Signature Weapon, along with the rerun of the 5-star Primordial Jade Winged-Spear.
Phase 2 Banners
We will have no debuts for the second half of Genshin Impact 3.4. Instead, we will receive the long waited reruns of Hu Tao and Yelan.
- Discerner of Enigmas is the first rerun of Yelan, the spy from the Qixing in Liyue who used a Bow as a weapon and has a Hydro Vision.
- Moment of Bloom is the third rerun of Hu Tao, the funeral parlor has a Pyro Vision and a polearm as a weapon.
Second Weapon Banner
The second weapon banner will be exciting, with two of the strongest 5-star weapons in the game: the bow Aqua Simulacra and the polearm Staff of Homa.
The Light of Foliar Sanction is the name of the new 5-star weapon. The Sword would be Alhaitham's signature weapon. The sword's design is similar to the Catalyst of the Dendro Archon.
- Light of Foliar Sanction - Stats at Lv.90
- Rarity: 5-star Sword
- ATK Base: 542
- Secondary Stat: Crit DMG 88.2%
- CRIT Rate is increased by 16%: When Normal Attacks deal Elemental DMG, the Foliar Sanction effect will be obtained, increasing DMG dealt by Normal Attacks and Elemental Skills by 200% of Elemental Mastery.
- This effect will disappear after 20 DMG instances or 12s.
- You can obtain Foliar Sanction once every 12s.
Map Changes in Genshin Impact 3.4
Hadramaveth is the name of the new region in the Sumeru Desert that will be introduced during Genshin Impact 3.4. The ley line disorder in the area has affected creatures like scorpions, vultures, and sandworms, making them very dangerous.
The image below shows a preliminary view of Hadramaveth. Now the map will indicate when the Domain and Teleport Waypoint is underground.
New Boss & Enemies
In Sumeru's new dunes and caves, we will find the World Boss Wind Bitten Sandworm, the Prince of the Sands. Once the Sandworm is defeated, it will drop Ascension Materials for Alhaitham.
Additionally, these are some of the new foes that travelers will encounter in the Hadramaveth Desert:
- Red Vulture Blessbone
- Scorpion Blessbone
- Flying Serpent Blessbone
- Eremite Scorching Loremaster
- Eremite Floral Ring-Dancer
Genshin Impact 3.4 will introduce two new alternative outfits for Lisa and Ayaka as part of the Lunar Year Celebration.
Lisa - Sobriquet Under Shade
Sobriquet Under Shade is the name of Lisa skin that recreates her school uniform during her time in Sumeru Akademiya,
Players can obtain Lisa's skin for free by completing all five stages in the Second Blooming event. Once the event is finished, Lisa's Sobriquet Under Shade will be available in the in-game store for 1650 Genesis Crystals.
Ayaka - Springbloom Missive
Springbloom Missive is the new skin for the Cryo character Ayaka, the younger of the Kamisato Siblings.
Unfortunately, we don't know if Ayaka skin will be a 5-star and have new abilities, effects, and dialogues.
Ayaka's alternative Outfit will be available exclusively in the in-game shop for a discounted price during Genshin Impact 3.4.
The Outfit will cost 1350 Genesis Crystals, or around $20. After Genshin Impact 3.4, the price will increase to 1650 Genesis Crystals.
New Events in Genshin Impact 3.4
As we mentioned, Genshin Impact 3.4 will celebrate the new Chinese Year with the Liyue Festival, known as the Lantern Rite. But this year, characters from Mondstadt and Inazuma will be part of the event.
Main Event: Lantern Rite
According to data miners, Venti, Zhongli, and Xiao will have an essential role in the event. We recommend completing Yelan and Shenhe Story quests for a better experience.
Reportedly the event will be divided into four challenges:
- Whirling Flowers
- Time trial challenge, travelers will have to race and move through obstacles with their parkour skills.
- Paper Theater
- We will learn about the Paper Theatre behind the scenes at play while assisting the artisans in completing the performance.
- Vigilance at Sea
- Captain the Waverider and full-time trial challenges designed by a navigator of the Alcor to find the best routes to Liyue Harbor.
- Behind the Scenes
- Assist the Ministry of Civil Affairs in clearing enemies out of the wilderness using fireworks and other items to ensure the safety of the Festival in Liyue.
- The rewards for this year will include a new type of Fireworks, new Serenitea Pot Furniture, Primogems, and the opportunity to choose one Liyue 4-star character for Free, including the new character Yao Yao.
- In this combat challenge, we will enter a domain in Sumeru to engage opponents in three rounds of combat in teams of three members.
- Players can pick from Trial characters or their rosters, and rewards will be earned by obtaining different levels of insignias based on the score.
- We will first see Lisa's New Skin at this event.
- The second edition of the Sparring Sword Competition in Inazuma. For this edition, Ayaka will be the main character in this event.
- Each of the warriors will have different sword techniques, including Ordinary and Ultimate Techniques. Similar to the Elemental Skill and Burst mechanic in playable characters
- Players can check the opponent's techniques in the event menu before entering the sparring arena.
Almighty Arataki, Extraordinary and Exhilarating Extreme Battle Brawl
- Genshin Impact 3.4 will introduce a new animal tamer tournament, but this time with Onikabutos.
- The competition will take to the next level the traditional Onikabutos Fights that are very popular among children in Inazuma.
New Genius Invokation Cards
- Hoyoverse will release more cards for the TCG mode in the upcoming version, including two new characters, Klee and Beidou.
Genshin Impact 3.4 Spiral Abyss
According to leaks, the spiral abyss version 3.4 will not have new enemies. Instead, we will have the return the triple Maguu Kenki floor.
Teams with no healer and strong shields will benefit from the lack of presence of enemies with corrosion and energy depletion debuffs. There is also only one single target enemy, the Matrix Overseer.
Blessings of the Moon:
- Phase 1 - Luxuriant Moon
- When a character triggers Spread or Aggravate on opponents, a shockwave will be unleashed at the opponents' position, dealing True DMG.
- A shockwave can be unleashed this way every 3s.
- Phase 2 - Verdant Moon
- After a character deals, Dendro DMG to opponents will gain one stack of Verdant Vigor: DMG dealt by the character will be increased by 8% for 6s.
- This effect can be triggered once every 0.1s. Max 6 stacks. Each stack's duration is counted independently.
- Phase 3 - Thorn-Twisted Moon
- The Dendro RES and Electro RES will be decreased by 30% for opponents affected by Quickened. This effect will be removed 2s after the Quickened state ends.