Yelan is finally here! The newest 5-star character debuted along with the Genshin Impact 2.7 update.
With an imposing character design and fun abilities, we can see Yelan being a part of many rosters.
Further than her design, Yelan is very strong, to the point she will compete with characters like Kazuha, Zhongli, and Xinqiu at the top.
Here's our Yelan build guide for Genshin Impact 2.7, including the best weapons, artifacts, and team compositions.
Who is Yelan?
Yelan is the head of the Yanshang Tea house in Liyue. She also works directly with Ningguang as a special agent.
- Yelan is a powerful character at all levels of investment.
- Her abilities provide Hydro Application, Buff damage, Crowd Control and a very high DMG output, even in a support position.
- Yelan's fast pace and short cooldowns make her suitable for most popular teams.
- The Hydro Element generates the most powerful elemental reactions in the game, and Yelan delivers well here.
- The artifact built for Yelan will make use of pieces that are normally discharged.
- Yelan's Elemental Burst Hydro Application is not very consistent if players don't have her constellation 2.
- Her Genshin Impact 2.7 banner overall is not very good.
These weapons will enhance Yelan to meet her full potential in battle.
|5-Star||Aqua Simulacra||Crit. DMG %||HP is increased by 32%. When there are opponents nearby, the DMG dealt by the wielder of this weapon is increased by 40%. This will take effect whether the character is on-field or not.|
|4-Star||Favonius Warbow||Energy Recharge||CRIT hits have a 100% chance to generate a small amount of Elemental Particles, which will regenerate 6 Energy for the character. Can only occur once every 6s.|
- The bow is Tailor-Made for Yelan. Increasing the two crucial stats: HP and Crit. DMG.
- The bow has a low Base ATK, but in the case of Yelan, HP is more important.
- Another great alternative is providing Yelan with Energy Recharge weapons, as Favonius Warbow or Sacrificial Bow to reduce the cooldown of Yelan's Abilities.
- The new Free Weapon in Genshin Impact 2.7 will be viable for Yelan, increasing her DMG output and Energy Recharge.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 2.7: Yelan Farming Guide
|Build||Set 1||Set 2||Stats Needed|
|Best in Slot||Emblem of Severed Fate||Emblem of Severed Fate||Sands: HP% - Goblet: Hydro DMG or HP% - Circlet: Crit. DMG or Crit. Rate|
|Substitute||Shimenawa's Reminiscence||Gladiator's Finale||Sands: HP% - Goblet: Hydro DMG or HP% - Circlet: Crit. DMG or Crit. Rate|
Yelan doesn't have a specialized Artifact Set in Genshin Impact. However, she is relatively flexible in her build. In the end, it's only necessary to keep a balance between HP/Energy Recharge and Crit. Rate/Crit. DMG.
When using a weapon that provides Crit. DMG or Crit. Rate as Secondary Stat, 4 pieces of Emblem of Severed Fate is the best Artifact option.
With bows that focus on Energy Recharge, 2 pieces of Tenacity of Milelith and 2 pieces of Hearth of Depth will balance her build.
It is important to keep in mind that Yelan doesn't need high Base ATK or artifact pieces with ATK%, and she'll get much more value out of other stats.
Best Team Compositions
Yelan is potentially a new plug-and-play sub-DPS character that can be viable in most of the strongest teams in the current Genshin Impact meta.
While otherwise similar, Yelan offers a considerably higher DMG output than the popular 4-star Xingqiu.
This team is a very F2P composition, that is flexible about its team members. The squad mentioned here is the most popular, but not the only option.
- Yelan will provide DMG during the cooldown of other characters, but also continue applying hydro DMG when she is out of the field.
- Beidou's second constellation works very well with Yelan attacks. However, the team is very flexible and there is more than one alternative option.
- Alternatives: Fischl, Yae Miko, Raiden Shogun.
- The teams will benefit greatly from the inclusion of a second Electro character that will provide Electro Elemental Resonance and Particles.
- It is possible Kuki Shinobu Best team is along with Yelan and your favorite Electro character, providing healing while working as a battery.
- Alternatives: Fischl, Yae Miko, Raiden Shogun, Beidou.
- Swirl reactions work very well with Electro-Charged, so the ideal support for this team is Anemo Characters.
- Sucrose and Venti work very well, pulling enemies together. The synergy with Kazuha is a bit tricky in the beginning.
New Vape Teams
So far, Yelan's Hydro Application is not very consistent outside her Constellation 2, but her cooldowns are ideal to create a rotation with high Energy Cost DPS.
With some adjustments, Yelan will introduce a new type of Vape team, replacing the double Geo with a Double Hydro.
DPS: Hu Tao, Diluc, Klee, Yoimiya.
Support: Xingqiu, Kokomi, Kazuha, Sucrose.
Support: Zhongli, Albedo, Yunjin.
Yelan is the perfect substitute if your roster doesn't have a C6 Xingqiu. So far, Yelan has synergized very well with the other team members.
While it's hard to improve on this team, Yelan may function as an eventual improvement to all National Team Variations.
Support: Raiden Shogun
Yelan's Talent Priorities
Yelan kit is well-rounded. She inflicts high DMG by using Elemental abilities but also with Charged Attacks that the Breakthrough Mechanic enhances.
However, Yelan proved to be an excellent DPS that will apply Hydro and Deal DMG even when she is not in the field.
Therefore, focus on leveling up her Elemental Abilities first.
- First Talent Priority – Elemental Burst
- Exquisite Throw allows Yelan to inflict outfield DMG. We recommend using a Crown in this talent.
- Second Talent Priority – Elemental Skill
- Lingering Line is a fun ability and can punch several enemies hard. But, abusing this ability expose Yelan to DMG.
- Third Talent Priority – Normal/Charged/Plunged Attacks
- If you don't have Aqua Simulacra Bow, raising this ability to level 6 is enough.