Genshin Impact Version 1.4 is finally here, so you can now jump into the new content and check out the new missions for you to complete.
Now that the countdown to release is over, we've got everything you need to know below about what to expect from the new update, and what has leaked for the future of the game.
Latest - Genshin 1.5 Leaks
Alongside the Genshin Impact 1.4 update being live, some new information for new characters that are coming in update 1.5 have leaked.
Eula is the first one - who is a Cryo Element Claymore character who has a build that makes her a perfect addition to any team looking for a "tank" character.
Then, there's also Yanfei. Little is known about her beyond the fact that she's a Pyro Catalyst character.
Genshin Impact 1.4 Release Date & Time
Genshin Impact 1.4 arrives on Tuesday 16 or Wednesday, 17 March depending on your time zone.
The expected release time will be 11pm ET (16 March) / 3am GMT (Wednesday, 17 March), but this is following five hours of maintenance commencing at 6pm ET / 10pm GMT.
Genshin Impact 1.4 Trailer
Genshin Impact 1.4 Patch Notes
4-Star Character "Thorny Benevolence" Rosaria (Cryo)
- Vision: Cryo
- Weapon: Polearm
- A sister of the church, though you wouldn't know it if it weren't for her attire.
Known for her sharp, cold words and manner, she often works alone.
- Elemental Skill "Ravaging Confession": Quickly manoeuvres behind the enemy (except for some large enemies) and unleashes an attack that deals Cryo DMG.
- Elemental Burst "Rites of Termination": Casts an Ice Lance into the ground that deals periodic bouts of AoE Cryo DMG.
- Elegy for the End (5-Star Bow)
- The Alley Flash (4-Star Sword)
- Wine and Song (4-Star Catalyst)
- Alley Hunter (4-Star Bow)
- Windblume Ode (4-Star Bow)
Take part in the Invitation of Windblume event for a chance to obtain the event-exclusive weapon, Windblume Ode.
During the Event Wish "Epitome Invocation," from after the Version 1.4 update at 3:59pm UTC+8 on 6 April, the event-exclusive 5-star bow Elegy for the End, 5-star sword Skyward Blade, event-exclusive 4-star sword The Alley Flash, and event-exclusive 4-star catalyst Wine and Song will have their Wish drop rates increased.
The Alley Hunter (Bow) will appear in a future Event Wish.
Take part in Version 1.4's flagship event "Invitation of Windblume" for a chance to obtain the bow, Windblume Ode.
- Gameplay Duration: 19/3/2021 10:00 – 5/4/2021 03:59 (UTC+8)
- Event Shop Duration: 19/3/2021 10:00 – 12/4/2021 03:59 (UTC+8)
Take part in challenges during the Windblume Festival to obtain two currencies: Festive Tour Tickets and Peculiar Collab Coupons.
Spend these currencies at the Event Shop to purchase the event-exclusive weapon Windblume Ode and its exclusive refinement material "The Visible Winds," as well as the Crown of Insight and more.
- Act I: 2021/03/19 10:00 – 2021/04/05 03:59 (UTC+8)
- Act II: 2021/03/22 04:00 – 2021/04/05 03:59 (UTC+8)
- Act III: 2021/03/25 04:00 – 2021/04/05 03:59 (UTC+8)
- Act IV: 2021/03/28 04:00 – 2021/04/05 03:59 (UTC+8)
A series of Windblume Festival quests will become available during the event period.
Four acts of "Festive Anecdotes" will unlock over the course of the event, each bringing new quests. Complete these quests to win rewards including Primogems, Character EXP Materials, and Mora.
More events will follow during Version 1.4
New Game Feature
After the Version 1.4 update, the new "Hangout Events" feature will be added to the game.
Travellers who reach the required Adventure Rank and complete the prerequisite quests will be able to unlock Hangout Events for Barbara, Noelle, Chongyun, and Bennett using Story Keys.
(Each Hangout Event requires 2 Story Keys to unlock.)
The Hangout Events feature unlocks at Adventure Rank 26. Story Keys are obtained by completing Daily Commissions.
(1 Story Key is awarded for every 8 commissions completed.)
New Archon Quest
You hear from Ganyu and Lan that the Treasure Hoarders of Mondstadt and Liyue have banded together and plan to get involved in some ruins associated with the Abyss Order.
Fearing the chaos that the Treasure Hoarders might cause through their involvement, you take up the commission and investigate...
The Archon Quest "Chapter I: Act IV - We Will Be Reunited" will become available at a later date.
New World Quests
- A total of 8 world quests will become available over the course of the Windblume Festival.
- Complete these quests to win Mora, Character EXP Materials, and more!
Quest Walkthroughs and Guides
- Ode to Flower and Cloud Guide
- Those Hard-to-Reach Places Guide
- "Quiet, Please, This Is a Library!" Guide
- Missive of Wind and Fog Guide
- Flavor of the Month Guide
- Windbrew Guide
- Realm of Wind and Fog Guide
- The Sound of Discord Guide
- Adventures in Windblume Guide
- Dream of Wind and Flowers Guide
- Windblumes and Snowflakes Guide
Windblume Festival world quests will no longer be available after the event ends on 5/4/2021 at 03:59 (UTC+8).
New Elite Monster
- Abyss Herald - Wicked Torrents
(In Version 1.4, this monster will only appear in the Archon Quest)
- Windblume Festival Commemorative Balloon
- Windsong Lyre
- Crispy Potato Shrimp Platter
- Mint Jelly
- Mint Salad
- Minty Meat Rolls
- Golden Chicken Burger
- Golden Fried Chicken
- Fragrant Mashed Potatoes
- "Travel Notes: Windblume"
- "Rosaria: Indenture"
- Additions to the "Wonders of the World" category
Parametric Transformer: Now lets you add various ores as materials
Liyue NPC Changshun: Now additionally sells Potatoes, Sugar, Cheese, Cor Lapis, and Electro Crystal
Liyue NPC Bolai: Now additionally sells Apples, Sunsettias, Fish, and Starconches
Adjust World Level: After reaching World Level 5, the option to lower your World Level will be unlocked.
Using this function, you can lower your World Level by 1.
Each time you change your World Level, whether lowering it by 1 or restoring your World Level, you will be unable to change your World Level again for the following 24 hours.
After reaching Adventure Rank 60, any further Adventure EXP you receive will be converted to Mora at a rate of 10 Mora per Adventure EXP point.
Adds a new events/new content summary page to the mobile version of the game.
In Co-Op Mode, Travelers can now see the idle animations of teammates' characters.