Coming in as Destiny 2's second reprised raid, King's Fall is making a comeback. Initially debuting in the game's first expansion, The Taken King, it now appears once again and it'll be shock-full with content, enemies to kill, and more importantly, sweet, sweet loot... Also, as expected, it comes with its own Contest Mode.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy - follow along with what's up with what King's Fall has to offer in Season of Plunder.
Destiny 2 Season of Plunder King’s Fall Raid Release Date & Time
King's Fall releases in Season of Plunder on Friday, August 26, 2022.
The raid is set to go live at 1 pm ET on Friday.
Players will have 24 hours—1 pm ET on the next day, Saturday—to complete King's Fall harder difficulty, Contest Mode.
For a more accurate timeframe of when King's Fall goes live, follow along with our countdown!
King's Fall Release
Destiny 2 Season of Plunder King’s Fall Contest Mode
As opposed to Season of Haunted which introduced the new Duality Dungeon, Bungie is once again reaching deep into the Destiny Content Vault. Similarly to Vault of Glass in Season of the Lost, for Season of Plunder, King's Fall is getting the reprised treatment.
Somewhat keeping up with the season's pirate theme, King's Fall will return as the season's raid and will be free for all players. This raid, which was initially released in 2015, has players fight off Oryx on his throne ships. Like other raids, King's Fall will provide players with unique weapons and armor.
Like every new Raid in Destiny 2, in this case, new to Season of Plunder, King's Fall will have a Contest Mode which is where players compete to be the first team to complete the raid.
Here's how Contest Mode for King's Fall works:
- The raid will launch with Contest Mode enabled for 24 hours (1 pm ET Friday, August 26 to 1 pm Saturday, August 27)
- You will need to be at 1560 Power to be at the cap for all of the encounters.
- Clearing the raid with Contest Mode active is the first step to access the new Challenge Mode in the Director and the special Triumph for completing all of the challenge Triumphs for each encounter.
- Completing the secret Triumph, a curated list of challenges in this newly unlocked Challenge Mode, will be how a fireteam crosses the World First finish line and claims their prize.
- To enforce the Triumph requirements in the Challenge Mode, your team will wipe if you fail the success conditions during any encounter.
READ MORE: Destiny 2 Season 18: Release Date, Returning Raid, Arc 3.0, and More