It's finally out! Warzone's Season 4 update has dropped and it's bringing a lot of changes to the game. Here's everything you need to know about what's in-store.
LATEST - What's On The Way?
If you're looking for a quick overview of every major change that's been introduced to Warzone in the latest update, you've come to the right place.
- Verdansk '84 Map Updates
- Satellite Crash Sites scattered across the map;
- New Vehicles
- Armored Trucks & Dirt Bikes;
- New Weapons
- The MG 82 & C58 join the arsenal;
- New Fast Travel System
- Red Doors are starting to appear across Verdansk '84;
- New Loot Opportunities
- New Operators
- Black Ops Cold War's Jackal joins the roster, Salah is on the way soon.
In addition to this, it's worth having a look at the weapon tuning changes that were made. These might affect which guns you drop in with...
When Does It All Start?
Warzone Season 4 starts at the same time as Black Ops Cold War's Season 4; however, the update will go live at a different time.
At the moment, we have confirmation of the release date, but no confirmation of the suggested release time. Still, we can make estimates...
Warzone Season 4 is due to begin on June 17th and we could see the new content go live as soon as 21:00 PST (June 16th) / 00:00 EST / 05:00 BST. The start-of-season event should begin at the same time.
We should hear more about the specifics from Raven Software soon, though, to confirm this.
Download Size Confirmed
In addition to a release date, we also now know how big the Season 4 update is going to be. If you're playing on PC, you'll need to keep around 28GB of additional space clear for the "patch copying process". This will still be available after the download, though.
- PlayStation 5: 11 GB
- PlayStation 4: 11 GB
- Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S: 11.2 GB
- Xbox One: 11.2 GB
- PC: 12.3 GB (Warzone Only) / 13.5 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
Following this, the new High-Res Texture Pack will be available on June 22nd. This doesn't look like it is available on PC at the moment.
- PlayStation 5: 7.6 GB
- PlayStation 4: 7.6 GB
- Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S: 7.2 GB
- Xbox One: 7.2 GB
You can find out more about the copying process Warzone and Modern Warfare utilise on consoles here.
All The New Operators
Jackal - Warsaw Pact
" A brutal mercenary leader, Jackal has ground his competition into the dirt, recruiting only the strongest survivors into his company. Hated and feared, he works for the highest bidder, and Perseus has very deep pockets..."
Jackal will be available at Tier 0 in the Season 4 Battle Pass, with an Ultra-Rarity Skin available at Tier 100.
Salah - NATO
" A member of Egypt’s elite Unit 777 formed following the expulsion of the Soviets, Salah is a Counterterrorism and Hostage Rescue expert. Always positive and quick to see the best in people, he will always have your back."
Salah will be available in-season via Item Store Operator Bundle.
Weaver - NATO
" Born in the USSR and raised in America, CIA Clandestine Service Officer Grigori Weaver straddles both sides of the Cold War divide. With this Operator Skin based on his original Black Ops incarnation, Weaver’s dedication compels him to return to duty even after the recent loss of his left eye."
Weaver is going to be available in-season via Item Store Operator Bundle.
What About The New Weapons?
The Cold War meta in Warzone looks like it's going to continue following the reveal of the new weapons coming to Raven Software's battle royale in Season 4. They all sound pretty hard-hitting. Here's the latest on what they are and when you can unlock them.
MG 82 - LMG
" Full-auto light machine gun. Highest fire rate in class with improved aiming speed. Moderate recoil and damage with increased ammo capacity."
This will be available for free at Tier 15 of the Season 4 Battle Pass.
C58 - AR
" Full-auto assault rifle. High damage at close range with a slower fire rate. Fast bullet velocity and reliable recoil control with less ammo capacity."
This weapon is going to be free at Tier 31 of the Season 4 Battle Pass.
Nail Gun - Special (BOCW) / SMG (WZ)
" This slow-firing, highly mobile power tool uses compressed air to launch fast-moving projectiles that deal high damage at close range."
This is going to be available at the start of Season 4 via in-game Challenge or Weapon Blueprint Bundle.
OTs 9 - SMG
" Boasting great stopping power and a phenomenal rate of fire, the OTs 9 is hindered only by its low magazine capacity of 20 rounds."
This is going to be available at some point during Season 4 via in-game Challenge or Weapon Blueprint Bundle.
Mace - Melee
" A weapon ill fit for the weak, Mace can inflict critical damage on command — no dice rolls needed on whether it can bludgeon your rivals in a single blow within Multiplayer."
This Melee Weapon is going to be available mid-Season 4 via in-game Challenge or Weapon Blueprint Bundle.
Season 3's Baseball Bat is also going to be added to Warzone in the Season 4 update.
Map Changes & More
There's a lot more coming to Warzone in Season 4 and we have a quick-fire list for you below:
- Locations - Satellite Crash Sites
- " Although they won’t appear on your Tac Map, the Satellite Crash Sites will be plainly visible in Verdansk, as the debris and impact on the landscape is significant. Besides offering new opportunities for cover, the satellites themselves can also be secured."
- Fast Travel System - Red Doors
- " They allow you to [[REDACTED]] around the [[REDACTED]]. What’s behind them? Explore and enter them to [[REDACTED]] across the [[REDACTED]]. Red Doors won’t [[REDACTED]] unless you ping them, and after you step through, there’s no telling [[REDACTED]] exiting out the other side… and stepping into a [[REDACTED]]."
- New Gulag - Hijacked Layout
- "This truncated version features a plywood re-creation of the yacht’s central area, a prime location for important objectives such as a Domination flag in Multiplayer, which has the same location as the Overtime flag spawn during a Gulag duel."
- New Vehicle - Dirt Bike
- "With an excellent turning radius, carry yourself and a companion across the concrete jungle, up goat trails, and down rock-filled ravines with ease. Deft and nimble, this new option to the Warzone ground transportation fleet is ready to compete with the ATV in terms of furious off-road action."
- Nakatomi Plaza Rename - Downtown Plaza
- " The towering Downtown complex across from the Financial District is here to stay after its tenant decided to move back West to sunny Los Angeles. This point of interest, now referred to by Operators as Downtown Tower, has had its vault opened and cleared of valuables, but remains a vast and strategically valuable location to dominate your enemies from."
- New Game Mode - Verdansk Resurgence Mini
- "This new playlist mimics the Rebirth Island Resurgence experience more accurately compared to the standard Verdansk Resurgence Battle Royale."
- New Game Mode - Payload
- " In Payload, you and 39 other Operators drop in to escort two caravans of vehicles through a series of checkpoints or sabotage the mission. Build or destroy barriers and purchase buildings to aid in your squad’s mission, and be sure to collect any contracts you find around Verdansk, as they will help lead to success."
Expect to see more details about all of this when Raven Software release the Warzone Season 4 Patch Notes soon.