Warzone Season 4 has arrived and it has brought a lot to the game. We're not just talking about new Operators and new weapons either! There's a whole host of changes coming to Verdansk '84 and we have everything you need to know.
LATEST - Season 4 Map Changes Patch Notes
Raven Software has shared some key information about the latest changes that have been made to Verdansk '84. It isn't all new information, but this should clear things up.
- Red Doors have appeared in Verdansk
- Downtown Tower is now under new management
- New Gulag: Hijacked
- This plywood re-creation of the yacht’s central area will replace the current “Standoff Gulag”.
- New Satellite Crash POIs added:
- Krovnik Farmland
- Right in the middle of some poor farmer’s crops is one crashed satellite, its fuselage split into multiple parts amid the field.
- Bloc 18
- Closer to the once-sleepy village near the Salt Mines lies another downed satellite. Its location leaves it open to Operators parachuting down from the Radar Array.
- Bloc 16
- Deep within the Gora riverbed near the Airport Control Tower, a more intact satellite sits ready to be explored.
- Gora Bridge
- Krovnik Farmland
- Spanning the Gora River between Downtown Fire Station 12 and the Promenade Fairgrounds, this bridge saw a direct impact from the downed satellite, taking a chunk out of its brickwork.
There Are A Few New POIs
Following the release of the Call of Duty Season 4 Cinematic Trailer, we're now starting to see the aftermath of Jackal's antics. Several Satellites have crashed in Verdansk and there's going to be a few new Crash Sites scattered around Verdansk '84.
These map changes aren't going to pop up on the map, but they'll be easy to spot when out and about. When you find one, you can actually secure what's left of the Satellite.
" Interact with the Sat-Links found in the area to work toward receiving permanent rewards in the Ground Fall event at the beginning of the season. Also, secure helpful items to use during the match, such as powerful Killstreaks, vehicles, and Field Upgrades."
The Red Doors Are Here
It looks like Verdansk '84 is finally getting a Fast Travel system of its own in Season 4. We don't know a lot about The Red Doors, but they should get you from A to B... Sort of.
" Our intel cannot explain the origin of these mysterious red doors around Verdansk, but one thing is certain: They allow you to [[REDACTED]] around the [[REDACTED]]. What’s behind them? Explore and enter them to [[REDACTED]] across the [[REDACTED]].
" Red Doors won’t [[REDACTED]] unless you ping them, and after you step through, there’s no telling [[REDACTED]] exiting out the other side… and stepping into a [[REDACTED]]."
The Gulag Has Been Hijacked
This isn't strictly a change coming to Verdansk '84, but the Gulag is changing again in Season 4.
This time around, we're still going to be fighting amongst the plywood planks in an Underground Facility. However, the layout of the actual battlefield is changing. Hijacked's central area is going to be featured in the Season 4 Gulag, replacing the Standoff Gulag we've been fighting in for the last few months.
" This truncated version features a plywood re-creation of the yacht’s central area, a prime location for important objectives such as a Domination flag in Multiplayer, which has the same location as the Overtime flag spawn during a Gulag duel."
Nakatomi Plaza Is Staying
Fans have been wondering what was to become of Die Hard's Nakatomi Plaza in Season 4 and now we have an answer. Nakatomi Plaza, physically, is staying. However, it's now going to be known as Downtown Tower.
This isn't the most inspired name, but we're guessing that means Call of Duty can blow it up if they want and not get in too much trouble.
The Vault is going to be empty going forwards, but there's still going to be a lot of loot hidden in the building. We're expecting something else to happen to this location in the future given its' absence from the original Verdansk map.