Latest News – One month to go!
It feels strange to say, but the PS5 arrives in one month!
Yes, that is only in select nations, but Next Gen is well and truly on the horizon.
FIFA 21 Release Date
FIFA 21 launched on current-gen consoles on Friday, 9 October.
It will be available from launch on PS5, which is on Thursday, 12 November or Thursday, 19 November depending on your location.
The price was very much anticipated for the PS5, matching the Xbox Series X.
MAKE YOUR PICK - Which PS5 version is for you?
Other PS5 accessories have also become available.
Next-Gen FIFA 21 Game Features Confirmed
There are some interesting featured confirmed for next-gen, and some which are exclusive to PS5, thanks to its revolutionary controller!
- Blazing fast load times - get to kick-off in seconds
- Controller haptics - feel every shot, kick, pass, and tackle in your hands
Graphics and Visuals
- Deferred Lighting and Rendering - a new lighting system creates more detail in every part of the stadium
- Re-imagined player bodies - next-gen technology takes players to a whole new level of realism
NEXT LEVEL: EA has confirmed several new features for Next-Gen
- Enhanced animation technology - new animations create ultra-responsive and realistic player movement
- Off-ball humanisation - from adjusting shin pads to screaming for passes, feel all the emotion of football at the highest level
Next Level Atmospheres
- Gameday immersion - contextual player, bench, and fan reactions let you feel the explosive passion of a last-minute winner
- The DualSense controller is going to be a game-changer, providing advanced haptic feedback so you can feel every shot, dribble and pass in the game.
FIFA 21 Loading times on PS5
We know that FIFA 21 will be playable on PS5, thanks to EA's dual entitlement, however, the game doesn't appear to be getting its own release for the next-gen console.
PS5 is rumoured to have incredibly fast loading times. One minute in the PS4 world (generally speaking) equates to around 2 seconds in the PS5 world.
There are numerous demos online, which showcase this amazing improvement, but what could we expect for FIFA 21?
We're confident that the game will benefit from PS5 enhancements, so you may be able to jump into the action quicker than ever before!
When will we see PS5 footage?
Everyone may be interested to see how FIFA 21 benefits for the impressive power of the PS5. Loading times, frames per second, resolution could all be improved when the game is played on the next-gen machine.
It could make sense that roughly a month or so before the release of the PS5 would be a good time to show off FIFA 21 for next-gen, but we'll have to speculate at this point.
FIFA 21 Cover Star
Little surprise here, PSG star Kylian Mbappe is the front man for FIFA 21.
CHAMPION - Kylian Mbappe fronts up all three FIFA 21 covers
What is a surprise is to see the Frenchman grace all three covers of the game - check them out here.
FIFA 21 PS5 Price
To go along with the lack of confirmed release date, there is also no price as of yet for FIFA 21 on PS5.
However, it looks like EA has you covered if you go ahead with the PS4 purchase...
Free upgrade to PS5
Those that buy FIFA 21 on PS4 can get a free upgrade to PS5 when Sony's new hardware arrives, a feature called dual entitlement.
That means there's no need to pay for the game twice!
In addition, you'll be able to carry over your FUT and VOLTA progress from one console to the next.
What to expect from the PS5
Earlier in the year, Sony's system architect, Mark Cerny, shed some light on what we can expect from the new console.
More powerful CPU and GPU
- Improved graphics and visual effects
- 8K supported graphics (if you have a TV which supports 8K)
- System memory increased in size and speed
- Ability to download larger files
RUNNING ON MAX: PS5 is definitely pushing the boundaries in the console world
Speed and better visuals is all that gamers could ask for in a new generation of consoles. But that's not all that's coming.
- Models the travel of light to simulate complex interactions in 3D environments
- Leads to heightened realism, as it allows accurate mimicking of how light bounces off different objects
IMPROVED LIGHTING: Ray Tracing allows for even better lighting effects
Ray tracing has been seen as a mode in certain games like Minecraft, and if it can make a significant impact on the sandbox game, imagine what it could do for FIFA.
- Increased immersion with sounds coming from above, behind and around
- Requires no external hardware, but headphone audio will lead to the best results
HEAR, HEAR! New audio enhancements are a welcome addition to next-gen
Better audio means better immersion, which makes everything on the screen more enjoyable.
- Reduced loading times both on loading screens and fast travel across open-world games
- Increased speed of how a world can be rendered
- Cerny demonstrated how Spiderman moved faster through the streets of Manhattan, due to the faster ability to get data off the improved hard drive
No manager hanging around on loading screens, so you can get through Career Mode campaigns in a flash!
Ever wanted to see the inside of the PS5?
Well, Sony has released a "teardown" video with the vice-president of the Mechanical Design Department.
The first thing that surprises is just how big the PS5 is!