WoW Classic TBC is moving on to Phase 2 which brings new raids with Tempest Keep and Serpentshrine Cavern, Arena Season 2, and plenty more.
Here's all of the latest news around WoW Classic TBC as we approach release day.
Latest News - WoW Classic TBC Phase 2 Release Date Arrives This Week
After a long wait, Blizzard has finally unveiled the WoW Classic TBC Phase 2 release date!
Phase 2 will begin on Wednesday, September 15th as opposed to the usual Tuesday schedule where previous updates went live with the weekly server resets.
This means that WoW Classic TBC Phase 2 could take servers down on Tuesday or Wednesday as the new content as pushed live.
WoW Classic TBC Phase 2 Attunements - Serpentshrine Cavern, Tempest Keep
To best prepare for WoW Classic TBC phase 2, you'll want to get your raid attunements - and they're available now!
Here's how to get attuned to Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep:
Serpentshrine Cavern Attunement
- Speak to Skar'this the Heretic in Heroic Slave Pens, accept The Cudgel of Kar'desh
- Loot an Earthen Signet off of Gruul the Dragonkiller, the last boss of Gruul's Lair
- Attune to Karazhan, raise Violet Eye rep to at least Honored to accept the quest Medivh's Journal
- Push through the Karazhan questline (which also features some other Heroic dungeons to summon Nightbane, or have someone in your group that can)
- Loot Blazing Signet from Nightbane
- Turn these Signets in inside The Slave Pens (Heroic) - you will then receive The Mark of Vashj, a spell casted by Skar'this the Heretic, giving you your attunement
Tempest Keep Attunement
- Complete the Cipher of Damnation quest chain (recover all fragments)
- Complete the Trials of Naaru quest chain which offers unique challenges in Heroic dungeons, including The Shattered Halls, The Steamvault, and The Arcatraz
- Kill Magtheridon (must be done AFTER the Heroic Dungeon quests)
- Receive The Tempest Key from A'dal, attuning you to Tempest Keep
WoW Classic TBC Phase Schedule
WoW Classic TBC will be divided into 5 phases, each dividing the game's content to be released over time.
Now weeks into WoW Classic TBC Phase 1, when will it end?
Blizzard have yet to give definitive start and end dates for the TBC phase schedule - but we've broken down our expectations based on WoW Classic below:
- Phase 1: Now - September 14th
- Phase 2: September 15th - November 29th
- Phase 3: November 30th - Februray14th
- Phase 4: February 15th - April 30th
- Phase 5: April 31st - WoW Classic Wrath of the Lich King pre patch
Once Blizzard confirms the length of the phases, we'll update with the latest information!
WoW Classic TBC Professions Guide
Professions will play a pivotal role in WoW Classic TBC no matter how you play.
Whether it's to make some extra gold, make some useful consumables, flashy active items, or powerful gear, there's a profession for you.
To help you along in choosing your WoW Classic TBC professions, we've broken each down, including their best combinations.
READ MORE: All of the Latest WoW Classic TBC Updates
TBC Class Picking Guide
The hardest decision players will face approaching WoW Classic TBC is choosing which class to main.
The Burning Crusade does a ton of work improving specs all around, meaning nearly every choice is viable to some degree, unlike the Vanilla WoW experience.
If you're looking to see how classes shake up in TBC, check out our ratings for each one in PVP and PVE settings.
And make sure to try out your options in the Classic Burning Crusade beta, PTR, or pre patch.
WoW Classic TBC Deluxe Edition, Dark Portal Pass
Activision Blizzard have revealed a new WoW Classic TBC edition for purchase as well as a new Dark Portal Pass, offering in-game rewards like mounts, pets, and character boosts.
The WoW Classic TBC Deluxe Edition costs $69.99, and offers the following rewards:
- The Reawakened Phase-Hunter mount, a creature that draws on the otherworldly energies that transformed Draenor into Outland, for use only in Burning Crusade Classic and designed to match the look of the original expansion
- The Viridian Phase-Hunter mount, a variant for use in modern World of Warcraft (including Shadowlands) and reflecting the game’s current visual style
- A Dark Portal Hearthstone for use in Burning Crusade Classic, providing a unique visual effect inspired by the gateway between worlds
- The Path of Illidan toy for Burning Crusade Classic, which causes your character’s footsteps to leave flickering fel fire in their wake for a short time
- The Dark Portal Pass, which boosts one character to level 58 (same restrictions as standalone Dark Portal Pass apply; cannot be combined with standalone Dark Portal Pass purchase)
- 30 days of World of Warcraft game time, providing access to WoW Classic, Burning Crusade Classic, and the modern game
The Dark Portal Pass costs $39.99, and offers players a character boost in the WoW Classic TBC pre patch.
WoW Classic TBC Boosts
BlizzCon 2021 revealed that WoW Classic TBC will feature character boosts.
These boosts are restricted to one per account, and will boost a character to level 58.
This boost isn't be usable on Blood Elves or Draenai characters, and gives level 40 mount skill and some blue dungeon gear.
WoW Classic Burning Crusade gave Blizzard the chance to make some changes to improve the experience.
The first change is spell batching, which has now been reduced significantly in WoW Classic, a change that will continue through to TBC.
Another big change is massively nerfing Drums of Battle - an item that ensured all PVE players required Leatherworking in raiding for a very powerful buff. These will now give a 2 minute debuff preventing repeated use.
WoW Classic TBC also features character boosts, and plenty of other big changes to improve player experience.
Burning Crusade Content
WoW Classic Burning Crusade introduces a ton of new content to the game, from new dungeons, raids, zones, races, to massive changes around class balance!
Burning Crusade raids are also some of WoW's most legendary, including Karazhan, Black Temple, and Sunwell Plateau among plenty more.