World of Warcraft TBC has reached its final update, phase 5, which introduces the fan-favorite raid Sunwell Plateau, new zone Quel'Danas, and new 5-man dungeon Magister's Terrace!
Table of Contents
- LATEST: WoW Classic TBC Phase 5: All Sunwell Plateau Bosses
- WoW Classic TBC Phase 4
- How to Get Attuned to Mount Hyjal and Black Temple
- WoW Classic TBC Phase 3 Release Date & Time
- Which Class Gained the Most in WoW Classic TBC Phase 2?
- WoW Classic TBC Phase 2 Attunement Guide - Serpentshrine Cavern, Tempest Keep
- WoW Classic TBC Phase Schedule
- WoW Classic TBC Professions Guide
- TBC Class Picking Guide
- WoW Classic TBC Deluxe Edition, Dark Portal Pass
Here's all the latest news around WoW Classic TBC Phase 5.
LATEST: WoW Classic TBC Phase 5: All Sunwell Plateau Bosses
WoW Classic TBC phase 5 has finally brought forth the expansion's final raid, Sunwell Plateau!
In this raid players must fight the following bosses:
- Eredar Twins (Lady Sacrolash, Grand Warlock Alyhess)
As the ultimate final phase of TBC in WoW Classic, these bosses drop some very impressive items that will offer the biggest power spike of the entire expansion, but they're equally as challenging.
This raid was notorious for being a guild breaker back in the day, and we can already see the struggles of many in the logs of raids since phase 5's release. For those that clear it, however, the gear is worth the fight.
WoW Classic TBC Phase 4
WoW Classic TBC Phase 4 is now live which means players can finally download and enjoy its content.
The update offers the new raid, Zul'Aman, new Bad of Justice changes including Badges of JUstice dropping from all raid bosses, updates to Dungeon and Raids and more.
Zul'Aman will be live on all servers at 6 pm EST.
How to Get Attuned to Mount Hyjal and Black Temple
WoW Classic TBC Phase 3 is on the horizon, and that means new raids to face. Both The Battle for Mouth Hyjal and Black Temple will arrive with the new phase, giving Azeroth's heroes the ability to take the fight right to Illidan Stormrage. But in order to take the fight to Illidan, they'll first need to complete a set of quests in order to attune themselves to each raid, earning access.
Here's our guide on how to attune to both Mount Hyjal and the Black Temple - and the many quests you'll need to complete along the way.
WoW Classic TBC Phase 3 Release Date & Time
WoW Classic TBC Phase 3 is set to arrive on Thursday, January 27th following an announcement by Blizzard.
Phase 3 has a ton in store for players, including introducing the massive new Black Temple and Battle for Mount Hyjal raids as well as Arena Season 3 and more.
These raids add another step of difficulty for those that managed to survive SSC and TK - which many guilds could only accomplish after massive nerfs in the first place!
Which Class Gained the Most in WoW Classic TBC Phase 2?
WoW Classic TBC Phase 2 means a major shift in the game's landscape, featuring a ton of new gear from two new 25-man raids as well as a new Arena season.
With so much change, how do classes rank in WoW Classic TBC Phase 2?
While there's still plenty of parse data to come, it seems the landscape for the best DPS in WoW Classic TBC is still largely the same, with Warlocks, Hunters, and Mages as the heaviest hitters. One change however is that Warriors are catching up thanks to some incredible scaling and long cooldowns.
For the Best Healers in WoW Classic TBC Phase 2, things are a bit more complicated. Parse data for healers is far from a complete story, and more indicative of how a kill happened than the power of any given class. Still, when factoring in raw numbers as well as raid utility - it seems Priests are the top healers in WoW Classic TBC Phase 2, with Resto Shaman just barely behind.
For the best Tanks in WoW Classic TBC Phase 2, things are very simple, and largely remain the same as Phase 1. This is that Warriors remain the best single-target tanks in the expansion, Paladins remain the best multi-target tanks in the expansion, and Druids lie right in-between on both with the potential to flex as a DPS with the same talent tree when a bear isn't needed.
READ MORE: WoW Classic TBC Brewfest 2021: How to Summon Boss, Location, Loot, Mounts & more
WoW Classic TBC Phase 2 Attunement Guide - Serpentshrine Cavern, Tempest Keep
To best prepare for WoW Classic TBC phase 2, you'll want to get your raid attunements - and they're available now!
Here's how to get attuned to Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep:
Serpentshrine Cavern Attunement
- Speak to Skar'this the Heretic in Heroic Slave Pens, accept The Cudgel of Kar'desh
- Loot an Earthen Signet off of Gruul the Dragonkiller, the last boss of Gruul's Lair
- Attune to Karazhan, raise Violet Eye rep to at least Honored to accept the quest Medivh's Journal
- Push through the Karazhan questline (which also features some other Heroic dungeons to summon Nightbane, or have someone in your group that can)
- Loot Blazing Signet from Nightbane
- Turn these Signets in inside The Slave Pens (Heroic) - you will then receive The Mark of Vashj, a spell casted by Skar'this the Heretic, giving you your SSC attunement
Tempest Keep Attunement
- Complete the Cipher of Damnation quest chain (recover all fragments)
- Complete the Trials of Naaru quest chain which offers unique challenges in Heroic dungeons, including The Shattered Halls, The Steamvault, and The Arcatraz
- Kill Magtheridon (must be done AFTER the Heroic Dungeon quests)
- Receive The Tempest Key from A'dal, attuning you to Tempest Keep
WoW Classic TBC Phase Schedule
WoW Classic TBC will be divided into 5 phases, each sectioning the game's content to be released over time.
Blizzard have yet to give definitive start and end dates for the TBC phase schedule - but we've broken down our expectations based on the launches so far below:
- Phase 1: June 1st - September 14th
- Phase 2: September 14th - January 27th
- Phase 3: January 27th - April 15th
- Phase 4: April 15th - August 15th
- Phase 5: August 15th - WoW Classic Wrath of the Lich King pre-patch
Once Blizzard confirms the length of the phases, we'll update with the latest information!
READ MORE: WoW Shadowlands 9.2: Release Date, Predictions, Wishlist & more
WoW Classic TBC Professions Guide
Professions will play a pivotal role in WoW Classic TBC no matter how you play.
Whether it's to make some extra gold, make some useful consumables, flashy active items, or powerful gear, there's a profession for you.
To help you along in choosing your WoW Classic TBC professions, we've broken each down, including their best combinations.
READ MORE: All of the Latest WoW Classic TBC Updates
TBC Class Picking Guide
The hardest decision players will face approaching WoW Classic TBC is choosing which class to main.
The Burning Crusade does a ton of work improving specs all around, meaning nearly every choice is viable to some degree, unlike the Vanilla WoW experience.
If you're looking to see how classes shake up in TBC, check out our ratings for each one in PVP and PVE settings.
And make sure to try out your options in the Classic Burning Crusade beta, PTR, or pre patch.
WoW Classic TBC Deluxe Edition, Dark Portal Pass
Activision Blizzard has revealed a new WoW Classic TBC edition for purchase as well as a new Dark Portal Pass, offering in-game rewards like mounts, pets, and character boosts.
The WoW Classic TBC Deluxe Edition costs $69.99, and offers the following rewards:
- The Reawakened Phase-Hunter mount, a creature that draws on the otherworldly energies that transformed Draenor into Outland, for use only in Burning Crusade Classic and designed to match the look of the original expansion
- The Viridian Phase-Hunter mount, a variant for use in modern World of Warcraft (including Shadowlands) and reflecting the game’s current visual style
- A Dark Portal Hearthstone for use in Burning Crusade Classic, providing a unique visual effect inspired by the gateway between worlds
- The Path of Illidan toy for Burning Crusade Classic, which causes your character’s footsteps to leave flickering fel fire in their wake for a short time
- The Dark Portal Pass, which boosts one character to level 58 (same restrictions as standalone Dark Portal Pass apply; cannot be combined with standalone Dark Portal Pass purchase)
- 30 days of World of Warcraft game time, providing access to WoW Classic, Burning Crusade Classic, and the modern game
The Dark Portal Pass costs $39.99, and offers players a character boost in the WoW Classic TBC pre patch.