Burning Crusade has reinvigorated WoW Classic since its launch last week, and things are only getting better as more players reach the Phase 1 end game.
Here's all the latest on WoW Classic TBC, including its latest updates, changes, new content, and some guides to help you along in Outland.
Latest News - WoW Classic TBC update improves Auction House performance
WoW Classic TBC has received a ton of updates since the pre patch, and the game continues to improve with new patches every few days.
The latest WoW Classic TBC update, released on June 8th, has made some nice quality of life improvements for players, including a new optimization of the Auction House to improve its performance.
Read over the latest WoW Classic TBC patch notes below:
- The Auction House has been upgraded to improve performance.
- Commander Ameer in Netherstorm has salvaged a prison orb from his last scouting mission and could use your help retrieving a key to unlock it.
- Nether-Stalker Mah'duun in Shattrath now offers a non-Heroic daily dungeon quest.
- Warchief Kargath Bladefist in The Shattered Halls once again has a delay in between charges of his Blade Dance.
- Warlock’s Inferno once again stuns and deals damage to enemies in the area.
- Engineering Schematic: Elemental Seaforium Charge is now available from Consortium faction vendors.
- The reagents required for the following enchants have been adjusted from pre-patch content to level 70 content:
- Enchant Gloves - Threat
- Enchant Gloves - Superior Agility
- Enchant Cloak - Greater Fire Resistance
- Enchant Cloak - Greater Nature Resistance
- Enchant Cloak - Stealth
- Enchant Cloak - Subtlety
- Enchant Cloak - Dodge
- Fixed an issue where the Ring of Blood event in Nagrand would sometimes stall or fail to progress.
- Fixed an issue where credit was not being granted for killing Crazed Colossus in “Dissension Amongst the Ranks.”
WoW Classic TBC Professions Guide
Professions will play a pivotal role in WoW Classic TBC no matter how you play.
Whether it's to make some extra gold, make some useful consumables, flashy active items, or powerful gear, there's a profession for you.
To help you along in choosing your WoW Classic TBC professions, we've broken each down, including their best combinations.
TBC Class Picking Guide
The hardest decision players will face approaching WoW Classic TBC is choosing which class to main.
The Burning Crusade does a ton of work improving specs all around, meaning nearly every choice is viable to some degree, unlike the Vanilla WoW experience.
If you're looking to see how classes shake up in TBC, check out our ratings for each one in PVP and PVE settings.
And make sure to try out your options in the Classic Burning Crusade beta, PTR, or pre patch.
WoW Classic TBC Deluxe Edition, Dark Portal Pass
Activision Blizzard have revealed a new WoW Classic TBC edition for purchase as well as a new Dark Portal Pass, offering in-game rewards like mounts, pets, and character boosts.
The WoW Classic TBC Deluxe Edition costs $69.99, and offers the following rewards:
- The Reawakened Phase-Hunter mount, a creature that draws on the otherworldly energies that transformed Draenor into Outland, for use only in Burning Crusade Classic and designed to match the look of the original expansion
- The Viridian Phase-Hunter mount, a variant for use in modern World of Warcraft (including Shadowlands) and reflecting the game’s current visual style
- A Dark Portal Hearthstone for use in Burning Crusade Classic, providing a unique visual effect inspired by the gateway between worlds
- The Path of Illidan toy for Burning Crusade Classic, which causes your character’s footsteps to leave flickering fel fire in their wake for a short time
- The Dark Portal Pass, which boosts one character to level 58 (same restrictions as standalone Dark Portal Pass apply; cannot be combined with standalone Dark Portal Pass purchase)
- 30 days of World of Warcraft game time, providing access to WoW Classic, Burning Crusade Classic, and the modern game
The Dark Portal Pass costs $39.99, and offers players a character boost in the WoW Classic TBC pre patch.
WoW Classic TBC Pre Patch
The WoW Classic TBC Pre Patch is officially live - and with it comes plenty of new content.
This includes boosts with the Deluxe Edition and Dark Portal Pass, introduction of Draenei and Blood Elves, new talent trees, new PVP and Honor system, and tons of itemization changes for starters.
While there have been plenty of technical hiccups along the way, you can hop into the game now to get started.
WoW Classic TBC Beta
The WoW Classic TBC Beta expanded to many more players in the leadup to pre patch, and with the WoW Classic PTR offering access to the new content as well, players have tons of opportunities to get ahead of the game.
WoW Classic TBC Update Increases Beta Level Cap, Adds PVP, Heroics
The WoW Classic TBC Beta has been active for over a month heating up with a big update raising the level cap to 70 and introducing some initial end game content.
Players can now hop into Heroic Dungeons in the beta, and queue up for Battlegrounds to play on Eye of the Storm.
WoW Classic TBC Boosts
BlizzCon 2021 revealed that WoW Classic TBC will feature character boosts.
These boosts are restricted to one per account, and will boost a character to level 58.
This boost isn't be usable on Blood Elves or Draenai characters, and gives level 40 mount skill and some blue dungeon gear.
WoW Classic Burning Crusade will give Blizzard the chance to make some changes to improve the experience.
The first change is spell batching, which has now been reduced significantly in WoW Classic, a change that will continue through to TBC.
Another big change is massively nerfing Drums of Battle - an item that ensured all PVE players required Leatherworking in raiding for a very powerful buff. These will now give a 2 minute debuff preventing repeated use.
WoW Classic TBC will also feature character boosts, per an announcement at BlizzCon 2021.
Burning Crusade Content
WoW Classic Burning Crusade will introduce a ton of new content to the game, from new dungeons, raids, zones, races, to massive changes around class balance!
Burning Crusade raids are also some of WoW's most legendary, including Karazhan, Black Temple, and Sunwell Plateau.