Attuning to dungeons and raids is a key part of World of Warcraft Burning Crusade Classic. With two massive new raids on the way as part of WoW Classic TBC Phase 3, and both requiring their own attunement quest chains, there's plenty to finish to be prepared for launch day.
The two new raids that headline TBC Phase 3 are The Battle of Mount Hyjal and Black Temple. Here's all you'll need to be attuned to these two raids and ready for the next phase of WoW Classic TBC.
How to get attuned to Mount Hyjal
As one of the shortest attunements of any dungeon or raid in the game, Battle for Mount Hyjal's attunements can be deceptive as it tasks players with defeating the two end bosses of the Phase 2 raids Tempest Keep and Serpenshrine Caverns. First, however, you'll need to reach Revered reputation with the Keepers of Time.
After reaching the requisite reputation, players can approach Soridormi inside the Caverns of Time who will offer the quest The Vials of Eternity. The quest requires players to slay Kael'Thelas and Lady Vashj, then loot both of their vial remnants.
Once these vials are returned, your Battle for Mount Hyjal attunement is complete.
How to get attuned to Black Temple
To complete this attunement chain, players must first have completed the Battle for Mount Hyjal. In contrast to Mount Hyjal's short attunement, the Black Temple has one of the longest of any dungeon or raid in the game. From start to finish, most players will have to wait days or even weeks to complete the chain and face off against Illidan.
To start off, players from either The Aldor or the Scryers will have to do four similar quests but with different quest givers. For The Aldor's side, players will mainly adhere to Anchorite Ceyla's tasks while The Scryers will follow Arcanist Thelis'. The four quests are as follows:
1. Tablets of Baa'ri (Aldor) / Tablets of Baa'ri (Scryer) - collect 12 Baa'ri tablets
2. Oronu the Elder (Aldor) / Oronu the Elder (Scryer) - obtain orders from Akama
3. The Ashtongue Corruptors (Aldor) / The Ashtongue Corruptors (Scryer) - obtain four medallions from Haalum, Eykenen, Lakaan, and Uylaru
4. The Warden's Cage (Aldor) / The Warden's Cage (Scryer) - Interrogate Sanoru on Akama's whereabouts
After completing the faction-specific quests, the remaining quests will all be the same regardless of Aldor or Scryer affiliation.
1. Proof of Allegiance - slay Zandras at the Warden's Cage
2. Akama - speak to Akama inside the hidden chamber in the Warden's Cage
3. Seer Udalo - find Seer Udalo inside the Arcatraz in Tempest Keep
4. A Mysterious Portent - Return to Akami at the Warden's Cage
5. The Ata'mal Terrace - obtain the Heart of Fury atop the Atam'al Terrace
6. Akama's Promise - bring the medallion of Karabor to A'dal in Shattrath City
7. The Secret Compromised - speak to Akama in the Warden's Cage
8. Ruse of the Ashtongue - slay Al'ar in Tempest Keep while wearing the Ashtongue Cowl
9. An Artifact from the Past - defeat Rage Winterchill in the Battle of Mount Hyjal and retrieve the Time-Phased Phylactery
10. The Hostage Soul - Travel to Shattrath City to tell A'dal about Akama's request
11. Entry Into the Black Temple - Travel to the entrance of the Black Temple in Shadowmoon Valley and speak to Xi'ri
12. A Distraction for Akama - Ensure that Akama and Maiev enter the Black Temple after Xiri's forces create a distraction
Once players have finished all of these quests and turned in A Distraction for Akama, they will be rewarded with the Medallion of Karabor. The medallion acts as the key needed to enter Black Temple, and players must keep it in their bags at all times.
WoW Classic TBC Phase 3 Release Date
Players can expect Burning Crusade Classic's Phase 3 to arrive on Thursday, January 27th.
The Thursday launch means that we may see Phase 3 content prepped on Tuesday and go live on Thursday instead. An official release time has not been given by Blizzard quite yet.
With this guide, players can rest assured that reaching the massive raids in WoW Classic TBC Phase 3 is possible if you're prepared for the journey.