MLB The Show 21 is almost here!
We've got less than a week to go before the MLB The Show 21 release date, and even less for Early Access, but have already gotten some major Legends Roster reveals.
From drops during the Feature Premieres to the Legends Trailer, let's take a look at everyone confirmed so far for the MLB The Show 21 Legends Roster.
Latest - 40 40 Club Legends Teased
MLB The Show 21 is preparing for the final Feature Premiere tomorrow night, and the spotlight turns to Diamond Dynasty.
In a Q&A previewing the upcoming Feature Premiere, the first new card series in Diamond Dynasty was revealed to represent the "40 40 Club."
Alfonso Soriano takes center stage on the first card shown, but the real tease comes when you realize Alex Rodriguez, Barry Bonds, and Jose Canseco are the only three other MLB players in the 40 40 Club.
You can check out all the details here on the Q&A and what has been revealed so far for Diamond Dynasty.
MLB The Show 21 Legends Reveal Schedule
MLB The Show 21 is building the hype for release day by giving us a slow trickle of Legend Reveals as the title prepares for launch.
These are expected to come every Thursday until launch day on April 20, 2021, and they're part of the Feature Premieres that will release each week.
The following schedule details when each Legend Reveal is coming during a Feature Premiere, and when we got previous reveals:
- March 11 Legend Reveal: Alfonso Soriano, New York Yankees
- March 18 Legend Reveal: Grady Sizemore, Cleveland Indians
- March 22 Legend Reveal (Trailer): Roberto Clemente, Pittsburgh Pirates
- March 25 Legend Reveal: Kirby Puckett, Minnesota Twins
- March 31 Legends Trailer Reveal: Several new Legends
- April 1 Diamond Choice Pack Legends Reveal: Five of the ten Legends announced
- April 8 Diamond Choice Pack Legends Reveal at 3pm PT: Final five pack Legends revealed
- April 15 Legend Reveal at 3pm PT (6pm ET)
Full Legends Roster
MLB The Show 21 will feature several new Legends in Diamond Dynasty that will be revealed before launch day. We now have three Legends officially revealed!
The first Legends Roster members revealed for MLB The Show 21 were Alfonso Soriano, Grady Sizemore, Roberto Clemente, and Kirby Puckett.
However, with the new Legends Trailer the overall list has gotten much longer, and here's every Legend we know will be in MLB The Show 21:
- Alfonso Soriano
- Grady Sizemore
- Roberto Clemente
- Kirby Puckett
- Prince Fielder
- Fernando Valenzuela
- Robin Yount
- Nolan Ryan
- Trevor Hoffman
- Pedro Martinez
- Ken Griffey Jr.
- Greg Maddux
- Chipper Jones
- Jacob deGrom
- Max Scherzer
- JT Realmuto
- Babe Ruth
- Tony Gwynn
- David Ortiz
- Jeff McNeil
Considering the Next Gen upgrades and renovations to gameplay across the board, MLB The Show 21 has the potential to have the largest Legends Roster in series history, and we'll have them all here once they've been revealed.
While some of these names had already been dropped previously, the following ten Legends have been confirmed via the Diamond Choice Pack for Diamond Dynasty that players who pre order a non-standard edition will receive.
- Rob Gibson (Starting Pitcher)
- Jackie Robinson (Second Base)
- Ken Griffey Jr. (Center Field)
- Mariano Rivera (Closing Pitcher)
- Willie Mays (Center Field)
- Hank Aaron (Right Field)
- Frank Thomas (First Base)
- Pedro Martinez (Starting Pitcher)
- Cal Ripken Jr. (Shortstop)
MLB The Show 20's Legends
Looking back at previous years, while there is an extensive Legends Roster for the final game, we only see a handful of those revealed in the buildup to release.
MLB The Show 20 revealed the following seven legends prior to release:
- David Ortiz 86 OVR, 2003 Breakout
- Gary Sheffield 86 OVR, 1993 All-Star
- Tom Glavine 88 OVR, 1991 Breakout
- Mickey Mantle 86 OVR, 1951 Rookie
- Mariano Rivera 87 OVR, 1999 Postseason
- John Smoltz 88 OVR, 1992 All-Star
- Greg Maddux 88 OVR, 1998 All-Star
The final roster was much more extensive, as this year's will likely be, but we can expect a similar amount of reveals leading into release day.