It's almost here, everyone! PUBG Season 12 is right around the corner and we have everything you need to know about the upcoming 12.1 Patch that's due to hit the servers very soon.
Miramar is getting a facelift and there's a new Anti-Material Rifle coming to in-game Care Packages. It's a pretty big update when you compare it to the last one.
LATEST - PUBG Season 12 Update Time
At the moment, we know the official release date for PUBG Season 12 but the specific update time remains a little bit of a mystery.
PUBG Season 12 is due to begin on Wednesday, June 2nd. Pretty soon, right? The update itself is already live on the Test Servers, though if you're looking to try out everything that's new a bit early.
As for the official update time, we can only look to last season's seasonal update as a guide. If the PUBG team are keeping to the same timings, we could see the 12.1 Patch added to the live servers at around 21:00 EST / 02:00 BST (June 3rd).
However, we recommend keeping an eye on the official social media channels for any updates.
Miramar World Update Details
Miramar is finally getting a few upgrades and the PUBG 12.1 Patch Notes have highlighted, very briefly, what's changing.
" Throughout the map, we’ve focused on improving the overall visual quality (lighting especially) while also keeping a close eye on improving player interactions with the environment to improve your gameplay experience.
Expect an overall smoother experience, with reduced object clutter, less troublesome coastlines, adjusted cover across the map, and more."
- Terrain Updates
- We have improved the visual fidelity of textures and materials across the map. Additional cliffs have been added for steep slopes, which clearly indicate areas that cannot be climbed easily.
- Cliff Updates
- Cliffs have been improved across the map and now look much better overall.
- Foliage Updates
- Trees, plants, and other foliage have received vast visual improvements.
- Lighting Updates
- Looking at the map, we plotted the sun’s arch and tweaked the lighting setups to represent different times of day better. We aimed to create a softer image with less contrast to help with eye strain while still ensuring longer distance engagements.
- In the existing weather types: Sunny, Sunset, Sunrise, and Cloudy, the intensity and color have been adjusted.
- Sandstorm and Dusk will be introduced in Challenger Mode.
- Finally, improvements were made to the bunker and interior lighting.
- Building and Object Updates
- Many buildings and objects across the map have received visual improvements.
- Map Flow
- Reduced clutter across the map to improve ease of movement, especially around building entrances.
New Anti-Material Rifle
The Lynx AMR is a semi-automatic crate gun that packs a punch against anything in its path. It's a hard counter to vehicles, but also offers an effective way to dispatch enemy combatants. It's just slower than your average Sniper Rifle and comes with limited ammunition.
- PUBG’s first .50 calibre weapon
- The Lynx AMR is first and foremost the best anti-vehicle sniper rifle in the game, capable of destroying BRDMs and even penetrating the windows to kill its occupants.
- Capable of destroying weak vehicles like motorcycles in a single shot and most regular vehicles in two or three shots.
- Players have five shots only, with no way to reload.
- Spawns in Care Package only on Miramar in Normal Matches. In a future update, the Lynx will be added to Custom Matches and Training Mode
Quads Are Coming
PUBG is finally adding Quads to the game and the 12.1 Patch Notes give us a complete rundown on what to expect. As you can imagine, they're going to be a quick way to get around but they don't offer as much protection as you'd like to have if you're headed into a fight.
- Seats: 2
- Health: 750
- Maximum Speed: 110 km/h (125 km/h at maximum boost)
- Maximum Range: 24.4 km (18.5 km at maximum boost)
- Only spawns on Miramar.
- Will be added to in Custom Matches and Training Mode in a future update.
Ranked Season 12
This might not be too much of a surprise to those of you who find yourselves being PUBG veterans, but the 12.1 update has introduced a new Ranked Season to PUBG.
If you are eligible for Season 11 Ranked Rewards, you'll be able to receive them when you launch PUBG next. These are all based on your end-of-season rank and feature, at least, a Parachute Skin. This is the only permanent reward, the rest are unlocked for the duration of a single Ranked Season.
Rewards include PUBG ID Emblems, Animated Emblems and Nameplates, and some bonuses for Top 500 players.
Gameplay Feature Changes
That isn't all though, there are quite a few smaller changes being made throughout PUBG in the 12.1 update and here's just a few from the latest Patch Notes...
Weapon Skin Upgrade System
- Level-up your weapon skins and add new features and styles to your weapon; keep an eye out for Contraband Crates in store (purchasable with G-Coin).
- Materials used to upgrade skins can be purchased or found with a low probability via certain crates purchasable with BP and through community events.
- Contraband Crate
- Crates can be purchased 200 G-Coin each or bought as a pack of 10 for 1,800 G-Coin.
- Unboxing gives a chance to acquire the following weapon skins or materials:
- Upgradable weapon skins
- Ordinary weapon skin, special grade or above (Special, Rare, Elite, Epic)
- Schematics (Material)
- Polymer (Material)
- 10 Contraband Coupons are required to open a crate.
- 10 Scrap can be acquired from opening Contraband Crates using G-Coin. Scrap can be used to purchase items from the Scrap Shop.
Scrap Shop Added
- Scrap acquired from opening Contraband Crates can be used to purchase items from the Scrap Shop. Scrap can be kept indefinitely.
- Available items:
- [PROGRESSIVE] Gear Head – Beryl M762
- Contraband Coupons
- View upgrade features for each level of the Upgradable Weapon Skins, and you can upgrade them by consuming your materials.
- Upgrading your Upgradable Weapon Skins
- Schematics and Polymer are required
- Upgrading will unlock features with each level-up. More schematics and polymers are required to upgrade to the next level.
- An Upgradable Skin, [PROGRESSIVE] Gear Head – Beryl M762’s features for each levels are as follows.
- Lv.1: Basic Skin Cosmetic (Level 1 appearance)
- Lv.2: Magazine / Muzzle Skin
- Lv.3: Uncommon Skin Cosmetic (Level 2 appearance)
- Lv.4: BATTLESTAT Total Kills
- Lv.5: Inspect Weapon Animation
- Lv.6: Killfeed Skin
- Lv.7: Grip Skin
- Lv.8: Rare Skin Cosmetic (Level 3 appearance)
- Lv.9: Loot Crate Skin
- Lv.10: Scope Skin
- Once a weapon skin has been upgraded, it cannot be reverted.
- Salvage your Weapon Skins to earn materials for upgrades
- Salvage – Weapon Skin
- Up to 12 Weapon Skins can be selected at a time
- Earn polymer by salvaging an ordinary Weapon Skin
- Earn Schematics and Polymer by salvaging an Upgradable Weapon Skin
- Tiers not listed in the below chart (Event, Basic, Ultimate) cannot be salvaged
UI / UX Changes
- Added Context Menu (right-click) when customizing your character to facilitate additional options
- Added skin tier information to the Store preview
Lobby "Soccer" Ball (Football)
- 2 soccer balls spawn in each player-occupied starting area.
- The soccer balls vanish once the game begins.
- Since the introduction of bots, we’ve made numerous improvements to their behaviour, including adding additional interactions with grenades and cover. With this update, bots will now jump from the plane similarly to other players and we’ve also made additional improvements to the underlying bot AI.
- These changes apply to all situations where bots spawn:
- Match: Normal Match
- Maps where upgraded bots can be found: Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok, Vikendi
- POV: TPP/FPP
- Modes: Solo/Duo/Squad
Hall of Fame Building Updates
- The winning team’s jersey and logo have been added.
- Names of the winning players are displayed on the Hall of Fame board.
- Photos of the tournament-winning moment have been put on display.
- The PGI.S 2021 trophy is also displayed in all its glory.
Emergency Pickup Improvements
- Emergency pickup aeroplanes will appear less frequently.
- There is now a 90-second cooldown between aeroplanes.
- A countdown timer appears on the emergency pickup icon if an aeroplane isn’t currently available. Using an Emergency Pickup while the aeroplanes are on cooldown will cause the kit to be wasted.
- Improved the sound rope sounds when attached players are moving.
- Changed the model of the aeroplane.
Social Features Changes
- A view profile button has been added when receiving a team invite
- You can now see a person’s profile before accepting their invitation
- When receiving multiple team invites, the invite number is displayed in the upper right corner of the window.
- By default, the most recent team invite is displayed first.
- When a new team invite is received while viewing the profile via the team invitation message:
- Team invitation messages from players in the profile you are currently viewing will be pinned to the front, and new team invitations will be placed behind them.
- You can check that there is an invitation by seeing the number displayed at the top right of the message.
Reputation System Changes
- Temporary bans related to potential cheating won’t impact reputation. Players found to be cheating will still be permanently banned.
- Reputation will still decrease from other types of bans.
- Breaking the PUBG Rules of Conduct can result in a ban and a subsequent decrease in reputation. We’ve updated in-game wording accordingly.
Cosmetics Sale Rotation
There are quite a few different batches of PUBG cosmetics coming to the in-game store over the next few weeks. PUBG Continental Series 4 is up first, but it's being followed by a few sets that are a bit more... Interesting. Here's everything you need to know below.
- Sales Period
- KST: 2 June 11 AM – 24 June 6 PM
- PDT: June 7 PM – 24 June 2 AM
- CEST: 2 June 4 AM – 24 June 11 AM
- Crash Test AKM & Coupon Bundle
- Crash Test Gear Bundle
- Crash Test Costume Set
- Crash Test Motorbike & Coupon Bundle
- Crash Test SKS & Coupon Bundle
- Crash Test Emote & Coupon Bundle
- Crash Test Value Pack
- Crash Test Weapon & Bike Bundle
- Sales Period
- PDT: 22 June 7 PM – 14 September 7 PM
- KST: 23 June 11 AM – 15 September 11 AM
- CEST: 23 June 4 AM – 15 September 4 AM
- CNH’s Bundle
- CNH’s Shirt
- CNH’s Shorts
- CNH’s SLR
- Sales Period
- PDT: 22 June 2021 7 PM – 21 June 2022 7 PM
- KST: 23 June 2021 11 AM – 22 June 2022 11 AM
- CEST: 23 June 2021 4 AM – 22 June 2022 4 AM
- Big Bang
- Deco Darling
- The Returned
Shopping Day Vigilante
- Sales Period
- PDT: 13 June 2021 7 PM – 12 June 2022 7 PM
- KST: 14 June 2021 11 AM – 13 June 2022 11 AM
- CEST: 14 June 2021 4 AM – 13 June 2022 4 AM
- 4 Sets
- Blood Hound Set
- Blood Hound Muzzle
- Blood Hound Jacket
- Blood Hound Pants
- Blood Hound Boots
- Blood Hound Gloves
- Vigilante Set
- Vigilante Hair (Bonus – Not for individual sale)
- Vigilante Mask
- Vigilante Bodysuit
- Vigilante Jacket
- Vigilante Shoes
- Vigilante Helmet Bundle
- Blood Hound – Helmet (Level 1)
- Vigilante – Helmet (Level 2)
- Vigilante – Helmet (Level 3)
- Vigilante Backpack Bundle
- Blood Hound – Backpack (Level 1)
- Blood Hound – Backpack (Level 2)
- Vigilante – Backpack (Level 3)
- 2 Emotes
- Victory Emote 54
- Victory Emote 55
- Sales Period
- KST: 30 June 2021 11 AM – 29 June 2022 11 AM
- PDT: 29 June 2021 7 PM – 28 June 2022 7 PM
- CEST: 30 June 2021 4 AM – 29 June 4 AM
- 3 Sets
- Mermaid Costume Set
- Mermaid Hair
- Mermaid Outfit
- Mermaid Flipflops
- Divemaster Costume Set
- Divemaster Helmet
- Divemaster Suit
- Divemaster Boots
- Lobster Costume Set
- Lobster Mask
- Lobster Costume
- Victory Dance 56
- 1 Emote
- Victory Dance 56
- 1 Vehicle
- “Ocean Fantasy” Aquarail
- Sales Period
- PDT: 1 June 7 PM – 30 December 6 PM
- KST: 2 June 11 AM – 31 December 11 AM
- CEST: 2 June 4 AM – 31 December 4 AM
- El Solitario Biker Set
- El Solitario Snake Head – Helmet (Level 1)
- El Solitario Biker Suit
- El Solitario Biker Gloves
- El Solitario Biker Boots (Tan)
- El Solitario Wolf Set
- El Solitario Wolf – Helmet (Level 1)
- El Solitario Wolf Bodysuit
- El Solitario Wolf Gloves
- El Solitario Biker Boots (Gray)
Bug Fixes & Moreealsport101
To finish it all off, we have the rest of the PUBG 12.1 Patch Notes. This is all about fixing bugs and clipping issues with skins.
- Fixed the issue where bots weren’t able to attack players on motorcycles.
- Fixed an issue with bot DBNO bleed speed.
- Fixed the issue where bots won’t attack players for more than ten seconds.
- Fixed the issue where a different message is displayed after accepting “Continue with this team”.
- Fixed the issue where the camera’s up/down rotation angle is overly limited in some vehicles.
- Fixed the issue where the player perspective doesn’t return to default settings after using the Emergency Pickup.
- Fixed the issue where players are able to throw an item through a window without breaking it.
- Fixed the issue where the Helmet hiding feature is turned on as default.
- Fixed the issue of the Match Report lists showing non-squad members when the match is in progress.
- Fixed the issue of a DBNO player on a Dirt Bike remaining on the bike, still able to ride.
- Fixed the issue where the microphone could activate on death even when it isn’t activated in a Custom match.
- Fixed the issue where the character doesn’t hold their weapon as they get out of the vehicle in certain situations.
- Fixed the issue where a destroyed Motor Glider could cause the driver to be de-synced appear in a different location after landing.
- Fixed the issue where the Blue Zone was blocking the backpack and Emergency Pickup interaction.
- Fixed the issue where players were unable to eject from Emergency Pickup
UI / UX
- Fixed an issue where the nickname of the opponent team was displayed in the player selection list when reporting a squad member from the squad management menu during TDM.
- Fixed an issue where a player’s own nickname wasn’t highlighted in yellow on the leaderboards.
- Fixed an issue on Miramar where the plane path UI and exiting the plane wouldn’t work correctly in a few specific situations.
- Aligned the text under Settings → Audio → Master Volume.
- Fixed the issue with the Equip UI being displayed in red randomly while riding in a vehicle.
- Fixed the issue where squad-mates online status wasn’t reflected in real-time on the social page.
- Fixed the issue of a missing comma in the G-Coin prices in the purchase pop-up.
- Fixed the issue where the “Back to custom session” message is displayed when creating a Custom match and then accessing the Social screen.
- Fixed the issue where the season mission image displayed the wrong weapon image.
- Fixed an issue where the result screen was not displayed upon death when switching from the replay screen to the highlight and then returning to the lobby and playing the game again.
- Fixed the issue where players are able to send an invitation to players in matchmaking situations and form a team.
- Fixed the issue where the colour of the survival mastery reward LV.370 nameplate is partially displayed in the wrong colour.
- Fixed the issue where the friend’s orders are wrongly displayed on the social screen.
- Fixed the issue of online friends not being updated in real-time on the Social widget.
- Fixed the issue where certain menus were not displayed in the Social widget as intended.
- Fixed the issue where the played time with friends was displayed in the Social menu.
- Fixed the issue where some English descriptions were incorrect in some Medals.
- Fixed the issue where the translation for Play Zone and Red Zone weren’t applied on the killfeed.
- Fixed the issue where players who have already been added as friends show up in the ‘previously played with list’ on certain accounts.
Skin & Items
- Fixed an issue with the left arm graphics being displaying strangely, depending on the graphic quality, after equipping the Crash Test Handwraps.
- Fixed the clipping issue occurring after equipping the LV.1 Vest followed by the Mad’s Jumpsuit on a female character.
- Fixed the clipping issue when Spike Sweetness Jacket and PCS2 Unseen Survivor Masks are equipped at the same time.
- Improved server performance through server replication cost optimization related to character spawning
- Enabled “Do not use display scaling in high DPI settings” equivalent setting without requiring it be set manually
- Optimized processing of physics data through parallelization to improve CPU efficiency and reduce instances of frame drops and hitching
- Optimized overall server processing load