The Genshin Impact 3.1 Livestream officially announced that Candace is one of the new characters coming in the next update. Candace is a desert warrior with heterochromatic eyes, one blue and the other golden.
Candace is a retired Treasure Hoarder who now protects people and brings justice to Sumeru's Desert.
Ahead of her launch, we have prepared a Candace farming guide with all the ascension and talent materials players will need to release her full potential.
Candace Release Date
Candace will arrive in-game in Genshin Impact 3.1, which will go live on September 28, 2022, the same day as the second anniversary. Candace is one of the 4-star characters in both banners of the First Phase.
- Twilight Arbiter, the Banner will feature Cyno, a 5-star Electro Polearm Character.
- Ballad in Goblets is the rerun banner of the Anemo Archon, Venti, the 5-star Anemo Bow User.
Candace Farming Guide
In combat, Candace will carry a Hydro vision, with a Polearm and a Shield. Her elemental skill will absorb attacks and counter-attacks with Hydro DMG.
These are the ascension materials players need for Candace, and while some are only available in Genshin Impact 3.1, players can still make some major progress before her launch.
Light Guiding Tetrahedron
These cores are an ascension material dropped by the Algorithm of Semi Intransient Matrix of Overseer Network, a new world boss coming on Genshin Impact 3.1.
- This boss will be located in Sumeru's Desert.
- Players need x46 Light Guiding Tetrahedron for Lv. 90 Candace.
- The Semi-Perpetual Matrix drops 2-3 pieces of these materials once it is defeated for the cost of 40 resins.
A fruit that grows even in the most hostile of desert environments, this Sumeru Specialty will be found in desertic areas of the Dendro Nation.
- Players require x168 Redcrest for Lv. 90 Candace.
- For the moment, we don't have details if Redcrest will be sold in any shop on Sumeru.
Candace uses the materials dropped by the Emirates. The new enemies are mercenaries that live & work in Sumeru Regions.
- To reach the lv. 90 with Candace travelers required:
- 18 Faded Red Satin
- 30 Trimmed Red Silk
- 36 Rich Red Brocade
The Red Clothing Series is dropped by the Emirates, who are found patrolling the roads or in camps between regions.
- Candace talents require the following materials:
- 18 Faded Red Satin
- 66 Trimmed Red Silk
- 93 Faded Red Satin
For the second Tier of Talent Materials, Genshin Impact introduced a new Domain Of Mastery called Steeple of Ignorance.
In the domain, travelers will receive Stone Tables rather than getting Books.
Admonition Series is Talent-level materials that players can obtain in the Steeple of Ignorance Domain on Monday, Thursday, and Sunday.
To max Candade's Talents, players need to collect:
- 9 Teachings of Admonition
- 63 Guide to Admonition
- 114 Philosophies of Admonition
Trounce Domain: End of the Oneiric Euthymia
Magatsu Mitake Narukami no Mikoto is the name of the latest weekly boss. Players need to battle the Raiden Shogun, the puppet created by the Electro Archon.
The Raiden Shogun will drop Tears of the Calamitous God when defeated.
- Candace needs 18 of these Tears for max talents.
Common Ascencion Ores are used to level-up Hydro Characters in Genshin Impact.
Players will find the first pieces by defeating:
- Hydro Hypostasis
- Rhodeia of Loch
- Childe Tartaglia
- Primo Geovishap
The ores are also randomly obtained in chests, daily commission rewards, and events.
Best Weapons and Artifacts for Candace
Unfortunately, Candace being a Hydro Polearm Character there is not a dedicated weapon for her. However, we can find interesting options that we can balance with a good artifact Build.
Staff of Homa
- A weapon with a very high DMG output increases the HP of the character.
- The higher HP Candace has, the strongest the buff to the team, but this is a 5-star Gacha weapon, so not many players have it.
- We think Candace will be a great support in teams with Dendro Reactions, therefore the EM buff will increase the team DMG.
- Players can obtain the weapon with five refinements in the Weinlesefest event.
- Candace is another Sumeru character that can work with a 3-star weapon, this is good news for F2P players.
- The weapons passive is not the best, but the HP as the main stat will increase Candace's support capabilities.
In the case of Artifact Build is simpler, at least on paper. The Tenacity of the MiIlelith for Extra HP and ATK buff or Gilded Dreams to increase the DMG of Elemental Reactions.
The plan is to get as much HP as possible in the stats, without forgetting Energy Recharge and ATK as substats.