The new Genshin Impact 4-star character, Candace, is a mysterious girl who seems right out of Egyptian folklore.
Geared with a lance and shield, Candace left the treasure hoarders to become the Guardian of the Aaru Village in Sumeru's desert regions.
The eremites respect Candace as they consider her a blessing by the Gods, able to summon a sand storm to finish off her foes.
Candace's playstyle involves absorbing enemy attacks and countering back. She is a Support character with defensive skills with some solid Hydro elemental application.
Hoyoverse has confirmed Candace as one of the new characters in the upcoming update. With that, here are all the details we know about Candace in Genshin Impact from beta leaks and official reveals.
Candace Banner Release Date
Candace will be part of the first banner of Genshin Impact 3.1, which will go live on September 28, 2022, the same as the Second Anniversary.
She will be one of the three 4-star characters featured in Cyno's Banner, whose name we don't know yet.
Hoyoverse will reveal more details during the Genshin Impact 3.1 Special Program, which will be broadcast on September 17, 2022.
Candace Skills & Abilities
Based on recent leaks, Candace will be the first character, not Anemo, who will absorb elements with her skills.
- Elemental Skill
- Candace Elemental Skill will be different if we press or hold the button.
- Elemental Skill Tap
- She rushes forward with her shield, dealing Hydro DMG.
- Elemental Skill Hold
- Candace raises her shield to block incoming attacks from nearby opponents, forming a barrier that absorbs DMG based on her Max HP and absorbs Hydro DMG 250%.
- Elemental Burst
- Candace raises her weapon and inflicts AoE Hydro DMG based on her Max HP, giving the Prayer of the Crimson Crown buff.
- Prayer of the Crimson Crown
- Characters deal increased Elemental DMG with their Normal Attacks.
- Whenever a character takes the field, they unleash a rippling wave of water that deals Hydro DMG to nearby opponents.
- Sword, Claymore, and Polearm-wielding characters will obtain a Hydro Infusion under this effect.
Some Ascension Materials for Candace are locked in the Sumeru Desert. Nonetheless, we can start farming the rest of the materials.
- Light Guiding Tetrahedron
- Source: The World Boss Semi-Perpetual Control Matrix (Available in version 3.1)
- Sumeru Specialty is a fruit that grows even in the most hostile desert environments.
- Eremites Series
- The Eremites are mercenaries that work in the Dendro Nation.
- Players can find these enemies all around Sumeru
- Eremites Series
- The same common enemies used to level Candace Up are used for her talents.
- Admonition Series
- Players can obtain these talent-level materials in the Steeple of Ignorance Domain on Monday, Thursday, and Sunday.
- Trounce Domain Materials
- Candace needs the Tears of the Calamitous God, a material drop by the Weekly Boss Raiden Shogun.
Candace Build Guide
Candace's support capabilities will allow her to be part of diverse teams, even those with no Dendro Characters.
- Candace is the first Hydro character using Polearm. Like other characters of the Hydro Element, her abilities scale with HP.
- Currently, there is no weapon that buffs HP. Therefore we think Favonius Lance will enhance Candace's viability as a Support.
- The more HP Candace has, the stronger she becomes. With that, the Tenacity of Milelith set looks like a good option.
- The two new sets, Gilded Dreams and Deepwood Memories, will also work as alternate approaches.
Best Team Compositions:
We will need to see how Hydro Absorption will work to find Candace's ideal team compositions. But, for now, on paper, we think Candace is a great companion for Ayato, Yelan, and Nilou.
- Suggested Team:
- DPS: Yelan
- Sub DPS: Xianling
- Elemental Enabler: Candace
- Support: Kazuha
We will add more details about Candace in the following days, as some of her mechanics are still a mystery.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 3.1: Release Date, Banners, Events, and Latest News
For more articles like this, take a look at our Genshin Impact and More page.