Genshin Impact 2.5, the electrifying new update, is just around the corner!
In Genshin Impact 2.5, Yae Miko finally becomes a playable character, Fischl is set to return, and the story takes a big turn with two new arcs and the battle against Raiden Shogun continues.
All in all, this is one of the most exciting updates we've seen for Genshin Impact so far, so it's not one to miss!
Here's everything you need to know about Genshin Impact 2.5 ahead of its release time, including its server maintenance schedule, character & weapon banner release dates, and more.
LATEST - Yae Miko Trailer Shows Off Abilities Before First Banner Launch
While we all anxiously await the arrival of Genshin Impact 2.5 and its maintenance period first, miHoYo has struck while the iron's hot, dropping a new Yae Miko Trailer!
This trailer shows off Yae Miko's abilities in action while developing her future storylines come the release of ver. 2.5's first character banner.
You can check out the trailer in full below:
Genshin Impact 2.5 Release Time
Genshin Impact 2.5 will go live on February 16, 2022, at 11:00 am server time (Chinese Standard Time).
This breaks down to the following release times:
- February 15, 2022, 7:00 pm PST
- February 15, 2022, 10:00 pm EST
- February 16, 2022, 03:00 am GMT
Genshin Impact 2.5 Final Countdown
READ MORE: Preload Genshin Impact 2.5 NOW!
Server Maintenance Schedule
Genshin Impact 2.5 Maintenance begins at 6 am Server Time on February 16, 2022.
The server's maintenance is estimated to take around five hours, with players being compensated 300 Primogems for the downtime.
Genshin Impact 2.5 Banners
The Genshin Impact 2.5 Banners will break down into two halves, each with its great new drops to look forward to.
The first phase will only have a Character Banner, but it's perhaps the most highly anticipated character of the entirety of the update!
The first banner, Everbloom Violet, will feature Yae Miko - 5-star Electro, Catalyst character.
The following 4-stars characters complete this first banner:
The first weapon banner will feature one Catalyst and a Sword as the 5-star weapons:
- Kagura's Verity 5-star Catalyst, the signature weapon of Yae Miko.
- Primordial Jade Cutter 5-star Sword is one of the game's best swords.
The following 4-stars weapons complete the banner:
- Wavebreaker Fin - Polearm
- Sacrificial Sword - Sword
- Rainslasher - Claymore
- Eye of Perception - Catalyst
- The Stringless - Bow
For the second phase of Genshin Impact 2.5, we will receive two reruns, Raiden Shogun and Kokomi.
The Second Weapon Banner will feature an Engulfing Lighting 5-star Polearm and Everlasting Moonglow 5-star Catalyst.
What's new in Genshin Impact 2.5?
- Shadowy Husks
- A new type of enemy can heal and provide a shield to other foes.
- New Boss: Magatsu Mitake Narukami no Mikoto
- The puppet of Ei seems to be going rogue. The traveler needs to battle the mirror of the Raiden Shogun in ver. 2.5
Once defeated, Raiden Shogun will drop materials for Ayato, Yae Miko, and future characters.
- Besides the 5-star Catalyst Kagura's Verity Calamity, players will have the chance to earn a Free 4-star catalyst called: Oathsworn Eye.
- The Catalyst is a ring design similar to Everlasting Moonglow. The weapon will provide ATK stats and Energy Recharge in its passive.
These are the new events and reruns coming to Genshin Impact 2.5
Two New Story Quest:
- Raiden Shogun's Story Quest: Imperatrix Umbrosa Chapter: Act II - Transient Dreams.
- Yae Miko's Story Quest: Divina Vulpes Chapter: Act I.
- New Boss Domain: Raiden Shogun will be the new weekly boss.
- Three Realms Gateway Offering: Exploration event of Enkanomiya, with three new regions.
- The main event of Genshin Impact 2.5
- Free 4-star Catalyst Oathsworn Eye as the main reward.
- Kokomi is part of the story in this event.
- New Gadget for this event called: Bokuso Box
- Divine Ingenuity
- Player-designed domains accessible by all players
- Travelers can design the obstacles and rooms. There are no mobs of enemies in these domains.
- Drink a Dreaming
- Prepare drinks for your favorite characters: Eula, Kaeya & Rosaria, Diluc, Lisa & Jean, Zhongli, Beidou & Ningguang, and Shenhe are part of this event.
- Hyakunin Ikki rerun
- Combat challenges with a quick swap of teams of two.
- Players can use the following Trial Characters: Ayaka, Yoimiya, Kazuha, Itto, Xiangling, and Razor.
- Overflowing Mastery
- Players will obtain the double of Talent Books material in all domains.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 2.5: Leaks, Release Date & All the Latest News
For more articles like this, take a look at our Genshin Impact and More page.