Genshin Impact 2.4 brings back Windtrace, one of the most fun events the game has had since its launch. The mechanics cover old-school Hide and Seek action in a PvP game mode.
Here are some tips and tricks to bring your Windtrace game to a new level in Genshin Impact 2.4 and maximize your rewards.
In the Windtrace Event, players will be divided into Hunters and Rebels. Hunters seek, and Rebels hide.
The event Windtrace event runs from January 13, 2022, to January 27, 2022. The only requirement to participate is to have Adventure Rank 20, which is practically all Genshin Impact players.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 2.4 Shenhe Best Build
Windtrace Tips and Tricks
These are some of the best strategies and tips to increase your chances in Windtrace:
- Hide in High Places with good vision—trees in Kujou Cam and Dawn Winery and the top of buildings in the Kamisato State are all good spots.
- There are some small spaces behind houses or narrow walls. Sayu and Dionna are perfect to fit in these small spaces.
- Tall characters can reach and climb faster. Consider that when you choose your Hunter character.
- Kaeya and Rosaria have talents that can help in a chase down. Kaeya reduces the consumption of Stamina while sprinting, and Rosaria is faster when it is night.
READ MORE: Who is the best DPS in Genshin Impact 2.4
- Do not spam your Capture Skill too soon or too often. They have a long cooldown, and you might need them during a close chase.
- Stealing Favor from a Hunter can be a game-changer; however, this is a wise choice only if there are still more rebels in the game.
- Hide in a place where you can see where the Hunter is, but be careful; too much curiosity can lose your game.
- Hunters usually will try their skills at the beginning of the round. Try to find out if they pick Sensor Area or Mysterious Hunch.
- If the hunter uses Sensor Area, you can stay longer in the same place.
- Transparency is more useful than Lay Bait, although sending the Hunter to a remote position to find nothing is quite fun.
- Use transparency during a Chase Down, change direction, and you might win the run.
- Sometimes the most dangerous place is the best-hidden place, so it could be time to hone your climbing skills.
- Our cute Seelie companion can produce noise. Hunters can detect it, so keep this in mind.
- Avoid unnecessary movements. Don't panic if the Hunter is near.
- You do not know what their focus is at that moment.
- If he passes without noticing, your hiding spot becomes much stronger.
- Hunters have no problems with Stamina. Make sure to use yours wisely as a Rebel.
The last trolling skill is pretending you are an NPC. It sounds silly, but some of the best wins in Windtrace involve people standing next to NPCs camouflaging.
But the best advice for an event like Windtrace is to have fun. Forget your competitive nature for a bit and try to enjoy this fun event as when you were a child.