Shenhe has finally arrived in Genshin Impact 2.4. If you are one of the lucky ones to have her on your roster, we've got you covered on how to get the most out of this icy cryo polearm user.
Here is our Shenhe build guide covering her strengths and weaknesses, best weapons, artifacts, and the best companion for this cute exorcist.
The Transcendent One Returns, the first banner of Genshin Impact 2.5, went live on January 5, 2022, and will be available until January 25.
This banner features - Shenhe 5-star Cryo, Polearm User, and the following 4-star characters:
- Yun Jin - 4-star Geo, Polearm User (New Character)
- Ningguang - 4-star Geo, Catalyst User
- Chongyun - 4-star Cryo, Claymore User
Who is Shenhe?
The daughter of an unnamed exorcist couple, Shenhe, was taken in by Cloud Retainer as a disciple following a traumatic incident during her childhood.
- Shenhe is a 5-star Cryo Polearm User with a high Base ATK and abilities that buff characters DMG outfield.
- Shenhe's new buff Icy Quill boosts Cryo DMG by a high amount.
- She provides large amounts of Cryo and Physical resistance shred to help enable herself and others.
- Shenhe Cryo DMG buffs also work with certain Anemo Characters
- Has a high Energy Cost for her Elemental Burst.
- Only Cryo and Anemo party members can take full advantage of her support buffs.
|5-Star||Calamity Queller||ATK %||Gain 24% All Elemental DMG Bonus. Obtain Consummation for 20s after using an Elemental Skill, causing ATK to increase by 6.4% per second. This ATK increase has a maximum of 6 stacks. When the character equipped with this weapon is not on the field, Consummation's ATK increase is doubled.|
|4-Star||The Catch||Energy Recharge||Increases Elemental Burst DMG by 32% and Elemental Burst CRIT Rate by 12%.|
- Calamity Queller the Signature Weapon for Shenhe, this polearm has the Highest base ATK from all polearms.
- Its passive provide a significant buff to the ATK of all Elemental Skills in the team.
- The buff is increased when Shenhe is Outfield. This compliments the Icy Quell mechanic.
- Despite that ATK is the most crucial attribute for Shenhe's support abilities, she has Energy Problems.
- The Catch is an available weapon that will provide Shenhe with extra Energy Recharge, so team combos are fluid.
- Favonius Lance works similarly to The Catch in the case of Shenhe, making the Favonius 4-star weapon a good alternative.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 2.4: Shenhe Farming Guide
|Build||Set 1||Set 2||Stats Needed|
|Best in Slot||Gladiator's Finale||Shimenawa's Reminiscence||Sands: Energy Recharge - ATK% - Goblet :ATK% - Circlet: ATK%|
|Substitute||Noblesse Oblige||Noblesse Oblige||Sands: Energy Recharge - ATK% - Goblet :ATK% - Circlet: ATK%|
Shenhe is a supporting character that the buff provide to the tea escalates with her ATK. However, she has problems with Energy Particles generation and a High-Cost Burst.
Therefore there are two ways to build Shenhe:
- All artifacts con ATK stats and a mix of Energy Recharge and ATK substats if the weapon has Energy Recharge as secondary.
- Artifacts with ATK stats and Energy Recharge for Sands if the weapon has ATK& as Secondary.
Gladiator's Finale & Shimenawa Reminiscence
- Two pieces of Gladiator will provide ATK +18%, the same with Shimenawa Reminiscence. This combination will provide 36% ATK extra.
There is speculation about a new artifact set that will be tailor-made for the Cryo characters however was not included in the ver. 2.4, and it is nowhere to be found the 2.5 Beta.
- Another option is four pieces of Noblesse Oblige. However, this set is in high demand for most Support Characters, and Shenhe doesn't take full advantage of its perks.
|Main DPS||Ganyu / Ayaka||Cryo|
|Sub DPS||Mona / Kokomi||Hydro|
So far, the best team for Shenhe is in a Permafrost Team with Kazuha as an enabler, considering he can take advantage of Shenhe's Buff.
The best option is a Permafrost
The team composition will work this way:
- Shenhe Icy Quell will work with any Cryo character as DPS. Ayaka and Ganyu are the options with the highest DMG potential.
- The Hydro character will get enemies frozen. Mona is going to increase the DMG. However, Kokomi or Xingqiu will provide extra survivability.
- Kazuha can use the Icy Quell with both Elemental Skill and Burst. While Venti and Sucrose only during their elemental burst.
The Second option is a Mono Cryo Team
It seems mono element teams will be more common, considering Genshin Impact is releasing buffers dedicated to one element. Shenhe makes viable a Mono Cryo team.
This is our suggested Mono Cryo team:
- Again, any Cryo character built as DPS with Ganyu and Ayaka as best options.
- Diona will provide a shield and healing while her Elemental Skill synergizes with Icy Quell.
- The Sub-DPS slot will be for a Plug and Play character; Kazuha, Zhong-Li, Raiden Shogun, Eula are good options.