One highlight from the trailer is an improvement to Matchday Experience, so find out all you need to know about the feature below.
PRE-ORDER NOW: FIFA 23 for PlayStation at Amazon
PRE-ORDER NOW: FIFA 23 for Xbox One / Series X|S at Amazon
PRE-ORDER NOW: FIFA 23 for PC at Amazon
LATEST - New Features REVEALED
- HYPERMOTION2 AR REPLAYS: Augmented reality replay and overlay features powered by HyperMotion2 give you more information during shot and free kick replays, providing you with a new layer of detail including XG, shot power and shooting distance.
- PRE-MATCH BUILD-UP: High-energy in and out of stadium scenes combine with new audio to build the energy and anticipation ahead of the biggest games, lifting the match atmosphere and drama of title clashes, six pointers, cup finals, and more.
- HYPER-REALISTIC PITCH: A huge leap forward in visual quality makes the pitch look better than ever in FIFA 23. See pitches wear as players slide to tackle opponents or celebrate goals.
- REALISTIC 3D NETTING: New 3D textures bring enhanced lighting and feel to the net in FIFA 23, enabling that signature ripple when the ball hits the back of the net.
- HIGH LOD CROWDS: New crowd detail makes stadiums feel more alive, with more variety amongst supporters, new clothing types, and more
- FEMALE OFFICIALS: FIFA 23 brings more diversity to the pitch with female officials in the game for the first time, with mixed gender officiating teams in FUT, Pro Clubs and beyond. -
- NEW TRAINER: A updated look for FIFA Trainer adds a more modern and visual design, with new graphics that help you take your skills to the next level on and off the ball.
- CAMERA REFRESH: New shallow depth of field cameras bring a new layer of visual quality to FIFA 23, matching the style of football broadcasting to bring you closer to the action.
- IN-MATCH MUSIC: Enjoy a more casual feel to matches, with the ability to listen to FIFA 23 Soundtrack music during your games instead of commentary.
- NEW POST-GOAL SOUND EFFECTS: Celebrate your best strikes with new post-goal sound effects, including sirens, buzzers, animal noises, and more!
Something the FIFA 23 reveal trailer made clear was that pre-match will have a totally different feel in the new game.
A more immersive experience will hype you up before a big game, with cut scenes of crowds gathering outside the stadium and taking their celebrations into the grounds giving you a greater connection to the match.
New commentary will add to the matchday build-up, with HyperMotion2 giving more realism than ever before and Augmented Reality Replays providing extra detail to your play.
More information will be available soon, with a further deep-dive set to detail everything new that the Matchday Experience will provide.
As EA has stated on their website:
From augmented reality broadcast replays to hyper-realistic pitch surfaces and enhanced stadium atmosphere, get an elevated matchday experience in FIFA 23 on next-gen platforms.
FIFA 23 Release Date
As confirmed during the reveal trailer, FIFA 23 will be fully released on Friday, 30 September.
Some will be able to access the game sooner than that via a possible Beta or Demo, then the Web App and Early Access.
The 10-hour EA Play trial gives players a limited number of hours of gaming too and will begin at the same time as pre-order early access.