The FIFA 23 reveal trailer showcased some breath-taking gameplay, with HyperMotion2 set to take the new game by storm.
The arrival of this brand new innovation has got fans asking what it's all about, and we've got you covered to answer that very question.
LATEST - Pre-Order FIFA 23 NOW
PRE-ORDER NOW: FIFA 23 for PlayStation at Amazon
PRE-ORDER NOW: FIFA 23 for Xbox One / Series X|S at Amazon
PRE-ORDER NOW: FIFA 23 for PC at Amazon
The FIFA 23 reveal trailer placed HyperMotion2 as the star of the show, with the brand new innovation set to take gameplay to a whole new level.
The brand new feature will bring over 6,000 unique touches to the game, making every moment feel unique in FIFA 23.
More information is set to be available soon, with a further deep-dive set to detail everything new that the HyperMotion2 will provide.
EA has stated on the FIFA 23 website:
Advances to HyperMotion gameplay technology with twice as much match data capture unlock new features and brings over 6000 authentic animations taken from millions of frames of advanced match capture to FIFA 23.
HyperMotion2 pitch notes will be available soon in full, but for now, we want to take a look at everything EA has told us so far regarding HyperMotion2.
Advanced 11v11 Match Capture:
- Xsens suits enable millions of data points to be captured from professional footballers playing real, high-intensity 11v11 matches.
- FIFA 23 includes Advanced 11v11 Match Capture data from two new full-match motion capture shoots with professional teams - including a FIFA-first motion capture of a women’s match - and data from five training drills, leading to more high-fidelity, true-to-life animations than ever before.
- Advances to cutting-edge and proprietary machine learning algorithm brings football realism to more footballing situations in FIFA 23.
- Learning from a cumulative 9.2 million frames of advanced match capture, the algorithm writes new animations in real time to create natural and realistic football motion across a variety of interactions on the pitch in FIFA 23.
The result brings FIFA 23 even closer to both the professional men’s and women’s games seen in stadiums all around the world, as HyperMotion2 gameplay technology unlocks brand new features that deliver unprecedented animation quality both on and off the ball:
- Full Team Authentic Motion:
- Technical Dribbling
- Composed Ball Striking
- Kinetic Goalkeeper vs Header Battles
These features will be further expanded upon in the HyperMotion2 pitch notes.
FIFA 23 Release Date
As confirmed during the reveal trailer, FIFA 23 will be fully released on Friday, 30 September.
The 10-hour EA Play trial gives players a limited number of hours of gaming too and will begin at the same time as pre-order early access.