It's time for the Defenders and Goalkeeper to get in on the action, with their cards now in packs for a limited time.
Check out who took the goalkeeper position and all the nominees below, plus all the latest TOTY news, rumours and leaks.
Latest - Donnarumma Comes to Play
This is also the first time EA has revealed the full stats for the players, which show that all the leaks were correct!
You can start cracking open your packs now if you want, but we would recommend holding off until Friday, 28 January, when the full Ultimate XI should be available.
The Team of the Year Defenders and Goalkeeper were released into packs on Tuesday, 25 January, at the usual time of 1pm ET / 6pm GMT.
We expect the five new TOTY items to be in packs until Friday, 4 February, after being joined by the rest of the Ultimate XI and the 12th Man on Friday, 28 January.
Full Team Revealed
The wait is over, as EA revealed the Team of the Year Ultimate XI.
Polls suggested that it was a two-horse race for the goalkeeper spot, with it going to either Gianluigi Donnarumma or Eduard Mendy, but the Italian was always ahead.
His inclusion will mean a strong link to PSG teammate Marquinhos, who is also included in the Ultimate XI.
With the official release date of the full Team of the Year yet to be announced, these are the dates we know so far.
- Friday, 7 January - Forward Nominees revealed
- Saturday, 8 January - Midfield Nominees revealed
- Sunday, 9 January - Defender & Goalkeeper Nominees revealed
- Monday, 10 January - Voting begins
- Tuesday, 18 January - Voting closes
- Thursday, 20 January - TOTY revealed
- Friday, 21 January - Attackers released in packs
- Sunday, 23 January - Midfielders replace Attackers in packs
- Monday, 24 January - 12th Man vote opens
- Tuesday, 25 January - Defenders & Goalkeeper replace Midfielders in packs
- Friday, 28 January - Ultimate XI and Honourable Mentions in packs (predicted), 12th Man released
Seven goalkeepers were nominated for Team of the Year last year, and with just one spot up for grabs, the shortlist will be fiercely competitive.
Last year’s winner Manuel Neuer missed out on the shortlist, with the award going to PSG’s Euro 2020 winner Gianluigi Donnarumma.
Take a look at the players who were in contention for the spot below.
Winner - Gianluigi Donnarumma
Euro 2020 winner, penalty shoot-out hero, and a high-profile move to moneybags PSG. It has been quite the year for Gianluigi Donnarumma.
The Italian stopper was our front-runner for Team of the Year in FIFA 22, and he will be immense!
Atletico Madrid’s La Liga title seems to have slipped under the radar, shadowed by the chaos taking place in Barcelona.
One thing that is for sure though, Jan Oblak is still one of, if not the best GK in world football.
A Premier League winners medal was not enough to see Ederson feature in the 2021 Team of the Year in FUT 22.
Even so, Manchester City’s number one has proven himself to be one of the best in the world and made the shortlist.
Chelsea stopper Edouard Mendy will see his FIFA rating rise over the next few months as he deserves much more than his meager 83 OVR!
The Senegalese star has been sensational since arriving in West London, and his clean sheet in the Champions League final alone was enough to see him on the shortlist.
FIFA 22 Team of the Year Goalkeeper Shortlist
- Jan Oblak (Atletico Madrid)
- Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid)
- Ederson (Manchester City)
- Mike Maignan (Milan)
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (PSG)
- Emiliano Martinez (Aston Villa)
- Edouard Mendy (Chelsea)