The full team leak proved correct, and so were many of the stats for all the players that have now been released.
Check out all the latest TOTY news, including the full Midfielders attributes and who made the final cut, below.
Latest news - Midfielders out now
The Team of the Year midfielders were released into packs in FUT 22 on Sunday, 23 January.
N'Golo Kante, Jorginho, and Kevin De Bruyne are the players to look out for, but they will only be available for a limited time.
As you can see from the tweet above, the midfielders will be replaced in packs on Tuesday, 25 January by the four defenders and Gianluigi Donnarumma.
They will then be available again on Friday, 28 January along with the full Ultimate XI and 12th man.
With the official release dates of Team of the Year players yet to be announced, these are the dates we know so far.
- Friday, 7 January - Forward Nominees revealed
- Saturday, 8 January - Midfield Nominees revealed
- Sunday, 9 January - Defender & Goalkeeper Nominees revealed
- Monday, 10 January - Voting begins
- Tuesday, 18 January - Voting closes
- Thursday, 20 January - TOTY revealed
- Friday, 21 January - Strikers released
- Sunday, 23 January - Midfielders released
- Tuesday, 25 January - Defenders & Goalkeeper released
- Friday, 28 January - Ultimate XI released
Full Team Revealed
The time has come, with EA announcing the Team of the Year Ultimate XI.
There will be much discussion about the Ultimate XI, with the omission of Mohamed Salah as the big talking point.
Last year we saw 19 midfielders nominated for Team of the Year, with six representatives from the Premier League.
Bruno Fernandes and Kevin De Bruyne were joined in the official Team of the Year XI by Bayern Munich star Joshua Kimmich.
Chelsea had three midfielders on the shortlist after their Champions League success, with N'Golo Kante, Jorginho, and Mason Mount all featuring, winding up with two inclusions in the Ultimate XI.
Take a look at the three winners below.
Kevin De Bruyne
It’s not really a Team of the Year without Kevin De Bruyne, and it was yet another magical year for the Belgian superstar.
Injuries once again hampered KDB, but that didn’t stop him scoring three times in last season’s Champions League knockout rounds as he helped City all the way to the final, as well as the Premier League trophy.
We fully expected N’Golo Kante to feature in the Ultimate XI after picking up the Man of the Match award in the 2021 Champions League final, and he has done just that.
Kante was sensational in helping the Blues claim the European crown and is definitely among the world’s best three midfielders.
Much has been made of Jorginho’s inclusion on the Ballon d’Or shortlist this year, but his Euro 2020 and Champions League winners’ medals make a strong case for him!
While Jorginho may not have been the star himself, his presence in both squads sees him among the TOTY players - and as the highest-rated of the three!
FIFA 22 TOTY Midfield Shortlist
- N'Golo Kante (Chelsea)
- Declan Rice (West Ham)
- Fabinho (Liverpool)
- Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich)
- Manuel Locatelli (Piemonte Calcio - Juventus)
- Casemiro (Real Madrid)
- Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
- Jorginho (Chelsea)
- Marco Verratti (PSG)
- Lucas Paqueta (Lyon)
- Leon Goretzka (Bayern Munich)
- Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund)
- Nicolo Barella (Inter)
- Marcos Llorente (Atletico Madrid)
- Pedri (Barcelona)
- Luka Modric (Real Madrid)
- Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United)
- Phil Foden (Manchester City)
- Mason Mount (Chelsea)
- Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich)
- Dani Olmo RB Leipzig)
- Florian Wirtz (Bayer 04 Leverkusen)
- Nabil Fekir (Real Betis)
- Son Heung-min (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Filip Kostic (Eintracht Frankfurt)
- Luis Diaz (FC Porto)