FIFA 20 Career Mode: Brand new features, Custom managers, press conferences, dynamic player potential, manage morale, player chats, league themes & more
Career Mode is the OG mode for many in the FIFA series, but this year it’s finally getting a revamp.
No new features have been added over the past two years of FIFA, and fans have been begging EA to make meaningful changes.
Thankfully, news has finally dropped about the biggest changes we have seen in FIFA Career Mode for a decade.
RealSport has a look at everything coming to Career Mode this year.
For the first time, you will be able to create your own customisable manager. You will have control over body type, skin tone, clothing and hairstyles.
It’s been a long time coming for the FIFA franchise, and there is a host of custom options including headwear.
READ MORE: FIFA 20 Official Gameplay reveal
What’s more, for the first time ever, you will also be able to have a female manager.
Face the Media
Every decision you make in FIFA 20 Career Mode will have a consequence.
From press conferences to squad rotation, the choices you make will have a direct impact on your team’s morale and performances.
Inspire your team with the answers you give in new interactive press conferences before and after key moments in your season.
READ MORE: What’s new in FIFA 20 Ultimate Team
Dynamic Player Potential
Take control of your player’s potential OVR with Dynamic Player Potential. The better they play on the pitch, the higher their Player Potential will grow.
This will make every single Career Mode save bespoke, with player progress entirely different from console to console.
From rotating your starting 11 to shortlisting transfer targets and managing wage expectations, every choice you make affects your squads morale, form and even their OVR ratings.
Keeping your entire squad happy is a tough task, so what price will you be willing to pay in looking after just your top players?
Keep your team spirit and manager rating high by discussing your player’s concerns and solving their problems in one-to-one sessions.
This is the big challenge for managers this year, as you will need to choose your words carefully when speaking to your players. Say the wrong thing, and you could see a sudden drop in your star man’s OVR.
READ MORE: FIFA 20: Demo, Released date, Volta & More
The authentic branding of the Premier League, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, La Liga, MLS, Champions League and the Europa League will appear through the dynamic UI in Career mode.
Although it doesn’ affect how you play the new Career Mode, it gives a greater feel to the game and will help psyche yourself up for big European nights.
Live News Screenshots
See your best moments represented in the Career Mode News Feed, with live news screenshots that highlight the memorable moments from the matches you play.
Again, this all about creating a better user experience in Career Mode. Seeing that last-minute winner in your news feed can only be a plus.
- International Management job offers can be disabled at the start of a new career
- Increased the initial Composure attribute for generated youth players and redistributed weights for player growth between physical, mental and skill attributes to allow for more physical growth
- Improved distribution of ethnicity within a country when generating youth players
- Significantly increased the initial amounts for wage budget allocation
- Increased the player value of defensive players based on the latest transfer market activity
- Fixed multiple issues with leagues that split into play-offs after the end of the regular season
- League objectives are now correctly tracking the play-off instead of the regular season standings
- Champions celebrations are triggered at the end of the play-offs
- Improved the algorithm used by AI teams to determine their starting 11 – Moving forward you should see fewer instances where the opponent isn’t using their prime starting 11 in important matches.
- Re-adjusted the number of different game saves to eight
- Fixed multiple fixture congestion issues
- The winter break roll will feature as well as the removal of the FA Cup 5th Round Replay
- The English Championship has been adjusted by pushing its completion to a later date
- Added the new format and schedule of the Spanish Supercup
- Added support to round down the points in leagues that split into play-offs and halve the points such as the Austrian Bundesliga
- Updated usage of the 4th substitute in extra time to all competitions that support this new law of the game
READ MORE: FIFA 20 Absolutely everything we know so far