MLB The Show 22 Update 1.03 has just arrived following some tuning that went live earlier in the game.
Here's everything we know about MLB The Show 22 Update 1.03 Patch Notes for Game Update 3.
Latest - Game Update 3 deploys on April 13
After mentioning a larger update was in the works just one day earlier, MLB The Show 22 Update 1.03 has now arrived on all platforms.
The update's size varies across platforms to as much as 4.38 GB on Xbox Series X|S but just 1.056 GB on PS5, signaling some of the bugs being platform specific.
MLB The Show 22 Update 1.03: Pitcher changes go live ahead of release date
With a few lingering bugs still plaguing users since Early Access concluded, MLB The Show 22 Update 1.03 is expected to bring some much-needed fixes.
Aside from the initial MLB The Show 22 Update 1.02 arriving at launch, things have been relatively quiet with no major hotfixes being rushed out just yet.
However, ahead of the next big patch they've announced some tuning changes for pitchers in Diamond Dynasty.
For any players who have been enjoying game modes like Conquest and Mini Seasons that make use of 3 inning games, you've likely noticed pitcher energy seems to reduce dramatically.
This means players are having to turn to their bullpen much earlier than they should, and Sony San Diego has acknowledged and addressed the issue.
In a tweet on April 11, 2022 ahead of some nightly server maintenance, they said they are "increasing RP & SP energy in 3 inning modes. Energy will regen slightly faster as well. You will need to play 1 game before the increase takes effect."
This change seems to have been activated along with their standard server update, so players should already see a difference when playing in Diamond Dynasty.
As for the full update, the tweet stated a "larger update with more fixes is in the works," but stopped short of confirming a release date for what will be MLB The Show Update 1.03.
Release timing will likely vary depending on how quickly they can get a full Patch Notes worth of fixes ready, but this mention likely means we're only a week or two at most away from the next major update.
MLB The Show 22 Update 1.02 Patch Notes
If you haven't had a chance to take a look yet and noticed an issue bothering you during Early Access, there were several problems addressed in MLB The Show 22 Update 1.02.
We've got the full Patch Notes here so you can see what has recently been remedied:
- Fixed an issue where the pitcher would not back up home plate under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause user inputs to be ignored while baserunning.
- Fixed an issue causing the 1B to not cover 1st as quickly as they should.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the Manager Tip “Pitcher Getting Tired” to appear when the pitcher had full energy.
- Fixed an issue in player lock where the arrow to cover 1B would display slower than normal.
- Fixed an issue where the tutorials would cause incorrect throwing inputs.
- Fixed an issue causing the “Can’t Pitch” icon to not display in specific scenarios in online gameplay.
- Fixed an issue where players would occasionally not tag in specific defensive situations.
- Fixed an issue when pressing L2 to change players would not function in specific scenarios.
- Increases made to the efficiency of relay throws after a catch.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the First Baseman to throw late to the Pitcher covering 1B specific scenarios.
- Fixed an issue where the Catcher wouldn’t reach far enough to make a tag in specific scenarios along the 3B line.
- Fixed an issue where the First Baseman wouldn’t be able to branch a throw to home.
- Fixed an issue where perfect throws from the OF would sometimes cause the Catcher to move off the plate.
- Fixed an issue in the Events Reward screen where every card in the list would display “Promoted” to a squad, instead of just one.
- Fixed an issue where a username would appear as zeros when a user quits.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the voice chat menu to get stuck on the screen.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent the captain icon from updating to the correct user when another user quits.
- Fixed an issue that would cause players to return to the main menu while searching for opponents.
- Fixed an issue where players could still hear each other after leaving a lobby.
- Fixed a visual bug where the matchmaking progress bar would move from 0 to max immediately.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the chat to delete messages.
- Various fixes to player markers and throw meter issues.
- Fixed an issue where the baserunner window would display late while on defense.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes prevent the Pitcher covering home from attempting to tag the runner trying to score on a wild pitch.
Road to the Show
- Fixed a bug that would cause a pitcher to not face the fielder when throwing to them during post-play.
- Fixed an issue that would cause mismatching logos and names.
- Fixed an issue causing the user to get placed into the incorrect Diamond Dynasty screen after a Mini Seasons playoffs game.
- Fixed a bug where losing in the playoffs didn’t register correctly in the UI until the player backed out of the mode and came back in.
- MLB Futures Game uniforms now display the correct year on the All-Star Game patch.
- Fixed an issue where some generated players had inaccurate trade values.
Home Run Derby
- Fixed a bug where the farthest home run was not being recorded and displayed properly.
- Fixed a bug that could cause users to get stuck when bringing up the wheel in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue where the pitch count would not display using the Regional Theme.
- The “Pause Time Remaining” text is no longer cut off in the pause menu during an online game.
- Fixed an issue that would display baserunners out of position in the baserunning diamond display when using Classic Baserunning.
- Fixed an issue which had the incorrect difficulty showing in the UI of Exhibitions and Play vs Friends.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Diamond cards to not display correctly on loading screens and in-game.
- Players will no longer disconnect from games if their controller disconnects.
- Introduction of the Nike City Connect Washington Nationals uniform.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading in a Battle Royale game.
- Various equipment additions and updates.
- Various fixes were made to improve stability across all modes.
- Various audio adjustments and fixes across all modes.
- Various fixes made to lighting.
If you've been confronted with a March to October authentication error, we have more details here on what's causing that and how you can prevent it.
For more articles like this, take a look at our MLB The Show page.