MLB The Show 21 has released details on Game Update 5, and the latest patch notes indicate several fixes to bugs and crashes.
On top of continued work on the game's servers, this is now the second major title update dropped for MLB The Show 21 since launch.
MLB The Show 21 Game Update 5 fixes Gameplay and Road to the Show
Game Update 3 was the first solid title update for MLB The Show 21, and that release fixed bugs and crashes all across the title.
Game Update 4 was a bit simpler, remedying a few small ongoing bugs, but was one that Sony San Diego decided shouldn't wait.
Now, the release of Game Update 5 continues to address problems in Road to the Show, Diamond Dynasty, Franchise Mode, and issues that affect the entire game regarding user interface and base gameplay.
This update will deploy as downloadable for all platforms on May 11, 2021 at 4am PT (6am CT/7am ET).
The download size is not yet known, but will be available soon.
MLB The Show 21 Version 1.05/1.005/1.45 Patch Notes
MLB The Show 21 Game Update 5 will be available soon, and there are fixes specific to certain modes and some for user interface and gameplay that should improve game quality all across the title.
Here are the full patch notes on Game Update 5 for MLB The Show 21.
- The bat will no longer pass through the ball on “too late” swings
- Fixed an issue with the bat would move strangely on late check swings
- Fixed a bug where the catcher would occasionally not field a ball after a dropped strike
- Fixed a bug that could freeze the game online after a pitchout
- Fixed a crash that would happen occasionally when swinging and missing on a pitch in the dirt
- Runners will not turn around on a steal home if they will be safe when pressing R2
- Fixed an issue that would cause runners to run out of the base path
- Fixed a bug that would cause out of position catchers to play a “dropped ball” animation when tagging at home, resulting in a missed tag
- Fixed an issue where subbing a fielder in Extra Innings caused the CPU to lose a baserunner
- Fixed a bug when the wrong uniform would show in Extra Innings
- Fixed an issue where a user would “Quick Sell” when trying to sell now with quick actions
ROAD TO THE SHOW
- Fixed an issue where attributes from equipment were not being applied in game
- Fixed an issue that would prevent stat earnings from archetype missions
- Fixed a bug where it would show the user’s position for the next game as “Pinch Hitter”
- The correct stats will now display in the Rookie of the Year award
- Fixed an issue where a CPU outfielder would stop and not react to an oncoming ball
- User will no longer be only a bench player when called to the MLB
- Fixed OSD text for RTTS championship wins to address minor league name changes
- Fixed in-game saves for Custom Franchise and Stadium Creator
- Fixed an issue that prevented eligible players who came off of the injured list during the playoffs from being added to the playoff roster
- Various updates to numerous stadiums, including lighting, dirt, netting, etc
- Great American Ballpark home and visitor bullpens have been swapped
- Various tweaks and improvements made to Snap Mode
- Fixed an issue that would warn the user of a “Blank Canvas” when not using one
- Various prop fixes
- Fixed a bug that would reset the pause timer indefinitely while in game
- Moved the marketplace notification, again, to the top-right corner of the screen to prevent Stub and profile overlap
- Correct year now appears for player stats in the Roster Update screen
- Fixed an issue with the “Hits Allowed” career stat on the Pitching Matchup loading screen
- Inside Edge boosts for pitchers now display above the correct Player Card attributes
- Minor UI adjustments to the RTTS and Diamond Dynasty menus
Don't miss out on the new Thank You Bundle released in MLB The Show 21 for all players, and check out details here on how to redeem your rewards.