While Splitgate has had its fair share of server issues early on, mostly due to popularity, one thing the game hasn't struggled for is game modes. For a free-to-play arena shooter, Splitgate boasts over fifteen game modes in total!
Let's take a look at what game modes are included with Splitgate and what makes each one unique.
Splitgate Team-Based Game Modes
- Team Deathmatch - Fairly self-explanatory, this mode pits two teams against each other and sets a kill total for each team to reach. The first team to hit 50 kills wins.
- King of the Hill - Your team can score points by standing inside the designated hill spaces and the first team to 200 points wins.
- Domination - You capture and hold up to three points on the map with the first team to 600 points being the winner
- VIP - Each team has one player who is a VIP and is the only player who will earn you points for killing. They cannot spawn portals but do have double health.
- Team Oddball - Grab the ball and keep moving! This game mode is all about possession of the ball and you need to reach 200 points to win.
- Team Swat - Headshots are one-hit kills in this game mode and the first to 50 points wins.
- Team Shotty Snipers - Yep, only shotguns and snipers in this game mode, first to 50 points wins.
- Showdown - Loadouts are random and there's no respawning in this game mode.
- Capture The Flag - An arena shooter classic, grab the enemy flag and return it to your base to score points.
- Takedown - Team deathmatch but every time you die, your respawn timer gets longer!
- Teabag Confirmed - It's kill confirmed from Call of Duty only instead of collecting dog tags, you teabag...
- Fiesta - Get kills to earn points, but every time you spawn, your loadout is random.
- Neutral Capture The Flag - It's the same as capture the flag only with one flag central to the whole map.
- VIP Takedown - A mix of VIP and Takedown, each round the VIP changes. Eliminate them to win the round.
Splitgate Solo Game Modes
Here are the solo or free-for-all game modes that Splitgate offers;
- Gun Game - Your weapon changes with each kill, use all 22 weapons to win.
- Free-for-All - Standard solo deathmatch, first to 25 points wins.
- Instagib - Free-for-all but with railguns only. The railguns also need no charging time.
- Fiesta Free-For-All - Kill to score points but your loadout is random each time you spawn.
- One in the Chamber - You have one bullet and it's one-hit kills. If you get a kill, you earn a bullet back. Melee is also a one-hit kill.
- Laser Tag - Players are reduced to 30 health meaning it's one-hit kills for everyone.
The sheer number of game modes, especially fun and quirky ones, is fantastic given that Splitgate is free-to-play and still in beta. Hopefully, they continue to build on this already amazing offering going forward.