Outriders is set to release tomorrow, April 1, following a few delays late last year.
If you're looking to jump into the shooter action as quickly as possible, we've got all the information you need on when the game unlocks and when you can play it.
Preload & Unlock Times
Square Enix confirmed all of the information over on Reddit.
You can preload Outriders now, so that you're not waiting for it to install once the servers go live.
As for when the game will unlock, we've got the times you need to know below.
PlayStation & Xbox Consoles
- 9pm PT on March 31
- Midnight ET on April 1
- Midnight BST on April 1
PC & Epic Games Store
- 9am PT on April 1
- 12pm ET on April 1
- 5pm BST on April 1
Outriders Download Size
Below, we've listed the download sizes for Outriders on all consoles so that you can get your system prepared.
- PS5: 46GB
- PS4: 67GB
- Xbox One: 60GB
- Xbox Series X/S: 47GB
We're still waiting for the PC file size, but it'll likely be around the same size as those on the next-gen consoles.
Day One Patch
That being said, there's a possibility that a day one patch increases the size of the game and limits how quickly you can jump into the action after the unlock times pass.
Square Enix has said that they hope to integrate the Outriders Day One patch into the full game before it's out, but there's a possibility that you'll need to download it separately on April 1.
The day one patch, whether it's on day one or before, includes the following:
- Many bug fixes and improvements, with a particular focus on the latter sections of the game.
- Performance improvements for pacing/stuttering that was observed during the demo
- Camera Smoothing improvements for cutscenes and dialogues. This should reduce the camera shake that some players are struggling with
- Cutscenes/dialogues frame rate improvements
- PC cutscenes will have the option to choose from 30, 60, 90 and 120fps