The next major Valorant update, which will introduce version 2.07, is almost here and we are going to countdown to release with everything you could need to know about the next title update ahead of Act 3.
Valorant 2.07 Release Date & Start Time
However, based on Riot Games' clockwork-like scheduling, April 13th is when we are expecting this to drop.
Looking at previous updates, we can also gauge a rough release time for this update. We are expecting the new update to drop between 19:00 EST / 00:00 BST (April 14) and 21:00 EST / 02:00 BST (April 14).
Again, this is currently speculation so take everything above with a pinch of salt.
Download Size & Preloading?
Without any official confirmation that the update is even dropping today, you might not be surprised to know that we don't actually have any official information about the Download Size or Preloading Opportunities for the Valorant 2.07 update.
As it stands, Valorant sits at just under 14.5GB in size and we're not expecting this to change a lot.
Given the fact that this upcoming update is more about tuning changes and not about any additional content (which should be coming in Act 3), we're expecting a few minor file size changes but no overall change.
This isn't to say the new Valorant 2.07 update will be instant, we just don't know for sure how big this will be yet. This also means we don't know when/if preloading the update will be an option going forwards.
LEAKED Patch Notes
We do have some leaked Patch Notes though. These seem fairly accurate and it means we can get a feel of how the game will be changing ahead of the new update.
- Gravity Well
- Now pulls agents that are defusing the Spike
- If they are pulled out of defusing range, the defuse will be interrupted
- Audio cues added to indicate when she's boosted in the air from Blast Pack
- Explosion and showstopper launching VFX updated so they are less obscuring and clear out of the play space faster
- Fixed a bug when calculating if damage taken while decayed should be lethal for players with armour.
- Most noticeably, this was causing Marshal shots when the target was decayed 50 to reduce the enemy to 1 health instead of killing them
Quality of Life
- Improved feel of ping wheel selection tool; this should now feel more predictable to use
- Cypher Tripwires now display to Observers with associated team colour
- Fixed issue where spectators and observers could sometimes see incorrect aim vector for scoped-in sniper rifles when switching between views. The incorrect view would settle to the correct position over about 1 second. The correct view now immediately shows.
- Yoru can no longer plant the Spike after using Gatecrash while his Dimensional Shift is active
- Fixed an unintended dome in the sky that Astra saw if she came out of Astral form while Omen is ulting
- Fixed a bug where placing Killjoy's turret next to Sage's Barrier Orb would sometimes break it
- Cypher can no longer place Spycam in Cyber Cage projectiles
- Fixed issue where Killjoy's disabled Alarmbots would chase far away targets that ran by them when it was re-enabled
- Fixed issue where Skye's Guiding Light appeared to go underground when thrown directly down.
- Fixed various localization issues with the server selector and the promotion screen
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Match History filter to function incorrectly
- Fixed a bug where players would have to restart client to rid themselves of their competitive queue restriction after their restriction ended
- Fixed a bug where some players were not penalized for being AFK after a match ended during remakes
- Fixed a bug where players using a Russian keyboard were having issues with party push to talk
- Fixed a bug where players who swapped to Thai keyboard had their voice chat settings reset
Featured Image was sourced from this Youtube video.