Pre-release 4 has just arrived and that means new patch notes are here. This is everything you should know.
Caves & Cliffs Pre-release 4 Patch Notes
These are all the major bugs fixed in that latest pre-release.
- MC-223552 - Credits not alphabetically ordered
- MC-226690 - In the credits, “EXPERIS” is in all capital letters for two employees
- MC-226692 - In the credits, a closing parenthesis is missing for Brian Canning
- MC-226693 - The credits say “Wed Developers” instead of “Web Developers” in one place
- MC-226696 - In the credits, “TEN GUN DESIGN INC” is in all capital letters for one employee
- MC-226700 - Some people are listed twice in the credits
- MC-226702 - The usage and punctuation of “Inc.” and “LLC” are inconsistent in the credits
- MC-226762 - Credits Text Wrapping
- MC-226777 - When a crossbow is loaded in the offhand, you cannot see it or shoot with it if an item is held in the main hand
- MC-227003 - Game crashed whilst debug profiling
- MC-227058 - Any hostility between animals is removed in peaceful
- MC-227092 - Experimental Settings confirmation prompt appears when creating any world in 1.17-pre3
- MC-227107 - C418 is removed from Composers in credits.json
How to Access the Pre-release
Unfortunately, to access the latest pre-release, you need to buy the Java edition of the game.
Once this is done, it's fairly easy to get in there. Boot up the Minecraft launcher and find your game.
Go into the installations tab and enable snapshots. Then click on the version of the game with 1.17 on it and download your new file. Click play and you're finally in. Just make sure to have a backup save first.