Sending off 2022 is the final League of Legends patch of the year and it's gonna be a big one. The update will be a follow-up to the year's preseason patch which brought a wide array of game-altering changes to the jungle, the game's items, and more.
In this patch, players can expect changes to ARAM, adjustments to Dr. Mundo in the jungle, buffs to Zeri, and updates to Tahm Kench and Kassadin. Additionally, this update will bring the year's winter skins, the new Winterblessed skin line.
That being said, here's everything we know so far about LoL 12.23, including its release date, patch notes, skins, and more.
Build Your Collection: Shop League of Legends Collectables at Sideshow
LATEST - The Official LoL 12.23 Patch Notes have been Revealed!
Riot Games have revealed the official LoL 12.23 patch notes!
In what will be the final update of the year, players can expect tons of changes to ARAM, Preseason follows ups for tanks, nerfs for junglers such as Mordekaiser, an update for Zeri, and much more.
For the full patch notes, scroll below.
LoL 12.23 Release Date
Adhering to the League of Legends patch schedule, LoL 12.22 is set to release on Wednesday, December 6, 2022.
Once the patch is live, players will be able to enjoy numerous new skins, the new event, as well as plenty of buffs, nerfs, and overall changes from its patch notes
Dr. Mundo receives jungle changes
Having undertaken one of the few and more recent VGUs, the developers have been giving Dr. Mundo a constant look, even adjusting him more for the late game. However, seems like Riot aren't quite pleased with the Madman of Zaun, specifically when it comes to the jungle.
Wanting to give him a little bit of a boost in the role, especially after the wide array of changes in Season 13, the developers are helping his clear speed in exchange for some weaker base stats and slight curbed scaling—that doesn't mean he won't be a late game monster though.
- Base Magic Resist: 32 ⇒ 29
- Magic Resist Growth: 2.05 ⇒ 2.3
- Base Attack Speed: 0.72 ⇒ 0.67
- Attack Damage Growth: 3.5 ⇒ 2.5
Passive - Goes Where He Pleases
- Cannister Health Loss: 7% of current health ⇒ 3% of current health
- Cannister Heal: 8% of maximum health ⇒ 4% of maximum health
- Max Health Regen per 5 seconds: 0.8-1.6% (linear progression) ⇒ 0.4-2.5% (non-linear progression, equal at level 11)
Q - Infected Bonesaw
- Health cost: 50 ⇒ 60
W - Heart Zapper
- Health Cost: 5% of current health⇒ 8% of current health
- Gray Health Healed after Not Taking Damage: 0% ⇒ 50%
- Damage Stored as Gray Health: 25/30/35/40/45% ⇒ 80-95% based on level in the first 0.75 seconds, then 25% afterwards
- Duration: 4 seconds ⇒ 3 seconds
E - Blunt Force Trauma
- Passive Bonus AD: 15/20/15/30/35 (+ 25/30/35/40/45 based on missing health) ⇒ 2.5/3/3.5/4/4.5% maximum health
- Health Cost: 10/20/30/40/50 ⇒ 20/30/40/50/60
- Cooldown: 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds ⇒ 9/8.25/7.5/6.75/6 seconds
- Bonus Damage to Monsters: 200% ⇒ 150%
R - Maximum Dosage
- Missing Health Gained as Maximum Health: 8/11.5/15% ⇒ 15/20/25%
- [NEW] Mega Mundo Heals: At rank 3, Mundo’s R’s healing effects are increased by an additional 5% per nearby enemy champion
- [REMOVED] Mundo Mad: R no longer gives bonus AD
Zeri undergoes buffs to combat falling winrate
Zeri was an absolute menace upon release. Her high damage, extraordinary movement, and extremely good scaling made it impossible to stop the ADC when she got going. Noticing her power, Riot gave her nerfs... several of them.
But since then, the marksman has been a less-than-favorable pick, as evidenced by her near 40% win rate as of Season 13's start according to lolalytics.
Noticing that, the developers are putting her through extensive top to bottom changes giving her more tankiness and damage while making her more vulnerable due to the shorter range.
- Move Speed: 325 ⇒ 330
- Base Attack Damage: 50 ⇒ 53
- Base Armor: 20 ⇒ 24
- Base Health: 600 ⇒ 630
- Attack Speed Ratio: 0.568 ⇒ 0.625
- HP Growth: 109 ⇒ 115
Passive: Living Battery
- Fully Charged Basic Attack Damage: 90-200 (based on level) (+90%AP) (+1-15% (based on level) target maximum HP) ⇒ 90-200 (based on level) (+110%AP) (+1-15% target maximum HP)
- Gotta Zip Shield Bonus: 10% multiplicative Move Speed ⇒ 10% Move Speed
- Bonus Move Speed Duration: 3 seconds ⇒ 2 seconds
Q - Burst Fire
- Range: 825 ⇒ 750
- Conversion of Excess Attack Speed to Bonus AD: 60% ⇒ 70%
- Physical Damage: 8/11/14/17/20 (+ 100/105/110/115/120% AD) ⇒ 15/18/21/24/27 (+ 104/108/112/116/120% AD)
W - Ultrashock Laser
- Damage Type: Magic ⇒ Physical
- Physical Damage: 20/55/90/125/160 (+100% AD)(+40% AP) ⇒ 20/60/100/140/180 (+130% AD) (+25% AP)
- Cast Time: 2.5x Attack Time ⇒ 0.55-0.3 seconds (based on Attack Speed)
- Missile Speed: 2200 ⇒ 2500
- Beam Cast Time: 0.75 seconds ⇒ 0.85 seconds
E - Spark Surge
- Mana Cost: 80 ⇒ 90/85/80/75/70
- Cooldown: 24/22.5/21/19.5/18 seconds ⇒ 22/21/20/19/18 seconds
- [NEW] Lightning Rounds are Magic: For 5 seconds after using her E, Zeri gains Lightning Rounds and her Q - Burst Fire will deal additional magic damage to the first enemy hit.
- [NEW] Bonus Magic Damage to First Target Hit with Lightning Rounds: 20/22/24/26/28 (+20% AP)(+12% bonus AD). This damage is increased by up to 65% based on Zeri's Critical Strike Chance.
- Lightning Rounds Pierce Damage Fall Off after First Target Hit: 60/70/80/90/100% ⇒ 80/85/90/95/100%
- Vision while Sliding on Terrain: 850 units ⇒ 1500 units
R - Lightning Crash
- [REMOVED] Short Circuited: Zeri’s Overcharged attacks no longer deal 5/10/15(+15% AP) bonus magic damage on-hit
- Chain Lightning Range: 450 ⇒ 650
- On-Cast Magic Damage: 150/250/350 (+80% AP)(+80% bonus AD) ⇒ 175/275/375 (+110% AP)(+100% bonus AD)
- Kerchow: If Zeri’s R hits at least one enemy champion, Zeri gains 10% move speed, 30% attack speed, and chaining shots for 5 seconds. Hitting champions with Q or auto attacks refreshes this buff by 1.5 seconds.
- Boundless Energy: Hitting enemy champions grants Zeri 1 stack (3 stacks for critical strikes) of Overcharge for 1.5 seconds. Zeri gains 0.5% move speed for each stack of Overcharge, stacking infinitely.
LoL 12.23 Patch Notes
Apart from Dr. Mundo and Zeri, a total of 16 other champions will be buffed, nerfed, or changed in patch 12.23.
- Health Growth: 89 ⇒ 100
Q - Bandage Toss
- Mana Cost: 30/35/40/45/50 ⇒ 40/45/50/55/60
W - Despair
- Damage per Second: 12/16/20/24/28 (+1/1.15/1.3/1.45/1.6% of target’s maximum HP) ⇒ 12/16/20/24/28 (+1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2% of target’s maximum HP)
E - Tantrum
- Basic Magic Damage: 85/110/135/160/185 (+ 50% AP) ⇒ 80/110/140/170/200 (+ 50% AP)
Passive - Carnivore
- Mana Restored on Enemy Kills: 3.5-7.75 (based on level) ⇒ 4.7-9.5 (based on level)
W - Feral Scream
- Base Damage: 75/125/175/225/275 ⇒ 80/135/190/245/300
R - Feast
- Cooldown: 80 seconds ⇒ 80/70/60 seconds
Base Health Regeneration: 8.5 ⇒ 9.5
Health Growth: 104 ⇒ 108
E - Footwork
[NEW] Auto Attack Reset: E will now partially reset auto attacks in K’Sante’s base form, and will be a full auto attack reset while in his All Out form
Wall Forgiveness: Adjusted E so that if K’Sante is very close to dashing through a wall he will now go through the wall
Passive - The Darkin Scythe
- Shadow Assassin Bonus Damage: 8-30% (based on level) ⇒ 13-40% (based on level)
E - Shadow Step
- Heal upon entering Terrain 35% bonus AD ⇒ 45% bonus AD
E - Ground Slam
- Magic Damage: 60/95/130/165/200 (+60% AP) (+30% armor) ⇒ 70/110/150/190/230 (+60% AP) (+40% armor)
- Mana Cost: 50/55/60/65/70 ⇒ 50 at all ranks
Passive - Sap Magic
- Heal: 4-34 (based on level) + (4-10% maximum health (based on level)) ⇒ 4-34 (based on level) + (4-12% maximum health (based on level))
Q - Bramble Smash
- Base Damage: 65/110/155/200/245 (+2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3% of the target’s maximum HP) ⇒ 70/120/170/220/270 (+2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3% of the target’s maximum HP)
- Bonus Damage to Monsters: 80/100/120/140/160 ⇒ 120/140/160/180/200
- Base Mana: 330 ⇒ 400
- Mana Growth: 42 ⇒ 52
Q - Decimating Smash
- Base Damage: 30/50/70/90/110 ⇒ 40/60/80/100/120
Passive - An Acquired Taste
- On-Hit and On-Q Bonus Magic Damage: 8-60 (based on level) (+ 3% bonus health) ⇒ 8-60 (based on level) (+ 3% bonus health) (+ 2% AP per 100 bonus health)
Q - Tongue Lash
- Magic Damage: 80/130/180/230/280 (+ 90% AP) ⇒ 80/130/180/230/280 (+ 100% AP)
- Self Heal: 10/15/20/25/30 (+ 3/3.5/4/4.5/5% missing Health) ⇒ 10/15/20/25/30 (+ 5/5.5/6/6.5/7% missing Health)
W - Abyssal Dive
- Magic Damage: 100/135/170/205/240 (+ 125% AP) ⇒ 100/135/170/205/240 (+ 150% AP)
E - Thick Skin
- Damage Stored to Gray Health: 13/21/29/37/45% ⇒ 15/23/31/39/47%
- Increased Damage Stored to Gray Health: 40/42.5/45/47.5/50%>42/44/46/48/50%
R - Devour
- Magic Damage: 100/250/400 (+ 15% (+ 5% per 100 AP) of target's maximum health) ⇒ 100/250/400 (+ 15% (+ 7% per 100 AP) of target's maximum health)
- Shield: Lasts 2.5 seconds after Devour ends ⇒ Decays by 50 health per 0.25 seconds after Devour has ended until gone
Passive - Bop ‘n’ Block
- Cooldown: 14-6 seconds (based on level) ⇒ 18-6 seconds (based on level)
R - Final Chapter
- Root Duration: 1.75 seconds ⇒ 1.25 seconds
Passive - Cell Division
- Healing per Chunk: 4/4.75/5.5/6.25% (based on R Rank) maximum HP ⇒ 4/5/6/7% (based on R Rank) maximum HP
Q - Stretching Strikes
- Cooldown: 15/13.5/12/10.5/9 seconds ⇒ 14/12.5/11/9.5/8 seconds
- Base Damage: 40/55/70/85/100 (+2.5% of Zac's maximum health) ⇒ 40/55/70/85/100 (+4% of Zac's maximum health)
Q - Blooming Blows
- Magic Damage: 35/50/65/80/95 (+40% AP) ⇒ 40/50/60/70/80 (+40% AP)
- Outer Edge True Damage: 35/50/65/80/95 (+40% AP) ⇒ 40/50/60/70/80 (+40% AP)
Passive - Darkness Rise
- Damage Cap against Monsters: 180 ⇒ 28-164 (based on level)
- Passive Proc on Monsters: Generates a stack on all monster hits ⇒ Generates a stack on large monster hits
E - Flame Breath
- Empowered Basic Attacks vs Marked Enemies: 3.5% of target's maximum HP ⇒ 3% of target's maximum HP
Q - Dark Sphere
- Cooldown: Fixed a bug where upgrading Q could reset its cooldown
W - Force of Will
- Transcendent Upgrade Bonus Damage: 15% (+1.5% per 100 AP) ⇒ 12% ( 2% per 100 AP)
E - Scatter the Weak
- Cooldown: 15 seconds ⇒ 17 seconds
- Magic Damage: 75/115/155/195/235 (+55% AP)>75/115/155/195/235 (+45% AP)
- Base Attack Speed: 0.67 ⇒ 0.6
R - Subjugate
- Damage Based on Target’s Maximum Health: 20/27.5/35% (+2% per 100 AP) ⇒ 20/25/30% (+2% per 100 AP)
Q - Null Sphere
- Shield Strength: 60/90/120/150/180 (+ 40% AP) ⇒ 80/110/140/170/200 (+ 30% AP)
- Shield Spawn Speed: Shield is granted when the Q projectile leave’s Kassadin’s hand ⇒ Shield is granted when Q is cast
E - Force Pulse
- Cooldown: 5 seconds ⇒ 21/19/17/15/13 seconds
- [REMOVED] Stacks Be Gone: This spell no longer requires a certain number of stacks in order to be cast
- [NEW] Send Your Energy: Ally and enemy spells cast near Kassadin reduce E’s cooldown by 1 second
- Tenacity Buff Duration: 3 seconds ⇒ 1.5 seconds
- Tenacity Type: Item (additive with item tenacity) ⇒ Champion (multiplicative with item tenacity)
- AoE Splash Damage: 60% AD for melee champions /30% AD for ranged champions ⇒ 50% AD for melee champions/25% AD for ranged champions
- [REMOVED] Omnivamp from Stacks: 4% ⇒ Removed
- Combine Cost: 1000 ⇒ 900
- Total Cost: 2800 ⇒ 2700
- Health: 400 ⇒ 500
- Companion Attack Damage: 20 (+ 15% AD) (+ 10% AP) (+ 4% bonus health) ⇒ 16 (+ 15% AD) (+ 10% AP) (+ 3% bonus health) (+ 10% bonus Armor) (+ 10% bonus Magic Resist)
- [NEW] Bigger Companions need More Treats: After their first evolution, jungle companions will consume 2 bonus treats on Large Monster kills and receive the associated benefits
- Bonus Treat Gold: 50 gold ⇒ 35 gold
- [REMOVED] Epic Monsters are Spooky: The 20% bonus damage provided by companions no longer works on Epic Monsters
- Gromp Attack Range: 175 ⇒ 150
- Crimson Raptor Attack Range: 300 ⇒ 200
- Leashing Range: Leash range centers have been offset from Camp spawn location giving more space for champions to move and kite
- Jungle Camp Experience Given Multiplier: 1/1/1.025/1.075/1.15/1.15/1.25/1.25/1.35 (levels 1-9) ⇒ 1/1/1.025/1.075/1.2/1.2/1.3/1.3/1.45 (levels 1-9)
- Scoreboard Voting Disabled: Clicking on the objective timer will no longer initiate objective votes and will instead just display the timer information in chat
- Vote Timing: Adjusted the earliest time players can start voting for an objective from 90 seconds before an objective spawns to 75 seconds
- Auto Vote Disabled: The vote to contest an objective will no longer automatically begin 30 seconds before an objective spawns
- [NEW] Frostgates: Frostgates will be present from the beginning of the game and will teleport you directly from your Nexus to your outer tower. Once your first tower is destroyed, the Frostgate will then link to your team’s inhibitor tower where it will then stay for the remainder of the game.
- [NEW] Tower Rubble: When outer towers are destroyed they will collapse and leave behind a pile of rubble which will be treated as new terrain.
- [NEW] Brushing Up: There is now one new brush in the middle bottom side of the bridge. The brushes between the outer and inhibitor turrets have also increased in size.
- [NEW] Under Repair: The gaps on the bottom side of the bridge have been filled in and are now traversable
Battle Boost and QoL Updates
- [NEW] Not so Fast: Players will no longer be able to activate Battle Boosts within the last 10 seconds of champion select
- [NEW] You’re Welcome: Allies will now be able to tell which player gifted their team a Battle Boost
S-Rank Chest Visibility
- [NEW] Master them All! Players will now be able to see which champions they have not yet received S-Rank Chests for in ARAM champion select
Aram Balance Adjustments
- Heartsteel Maximum health gained: 10% of damage dealt ⇒ 5% of damage dealt
New Ranked LoL Changes, view here.
LoL 12.23 Skins
As always with a new patch, new skins get added to the game for players to enjoy. For LoL 12.23 there are plenty of new skins on the way.
The new update will bring eight skins to League of Legends, these include a brand-new line to celebrate winter and the holidays, Winterblessed, and the final addition to the Ashen Knight skins.
Winterblessed Skins 2022
Blessing the winter in Runeterra are the new Winterblessed skins. This new skin line has seven total champions, namely Diana, Zoe, Zilean, Shaco, Swain, and Warwick (with a Prestige Edition), dressed from head to toe in winter-time wear. Anything from thick jackets to knee-high boots perfect to walk in the snow is all included. The Polaris skins are all topped off with smooth and cool wintertime colors.
While we don't have any pricing info yet, we expect most of these skins to cost 1350 RP with one of them reaching 1820 RP. Warwick's Prestige skin will then likely cost 2000 Prestige Points based on Riot's recent history.
Check out these exciting new skins and their splash art below!
Prestige Winterblessed Warwick
Ashen Knight Mordekaiser
Alongside the new Winterblessed skins will be the fourth addition to the Ashen Knight skin line, Ashen Knight Mordekaiser.
Giving Pyke, Pantheon, and Sylas company in the line, Mordekaiser doubled down on his darker side as the Iron Revenant. He'll boast even darker colors.
It's not confirmed if players will have to spend Mythic Essence on Mordekaiser's new skin but if past skins serve as any indication, players can expect to pay up to 100 ME in the in-game shop for it. It would also come with a new icon and a loading screen border.
Here is Ashen Knight Mordekaiser's splash art.