Specters, a new type of enemy that inhabits the Inazuma Region, were recently introduced in Genshin Impact 2.1.
Here's where you can find Specters in Genshin Impact, what they offer, and why you should farm them!
What are Specters?
Specters are floating elemental creatures that come from high elemental concentrations.
There are three types of Specters in Genshin Impact, corresponding to their elemental composition:
- Hydro Specter, spins and gather Hydro energy that release in a AOE Burst, in a rippling water area.
- Anemo Specter, collects Anemo energy and releases it in one burst with a small AoE.
- The Geo Specter, starts spinning and charging forward to players' characters.
- All Specters have a final attack where they collect energy and explode.
The Specters were introduced on the last floor of the Spiral Abyss, and they will play an important role in current and future content.
Once they are defeated they drop ascension materials: Spectral Husk, Spectral Heart, and Spectral Nucleus.
Specters in the Wild can be located exclusively in the two new Inazuma regions introduced in Genshin Impact 2.1.
Specters Spawning in Serai Island
Specters spawning in Watatsumi Island
There are a total of 111 Specters and they respawn every 24 hours. It is a good idea to bring in your party Bow users or Catalysts, as Specters can fly to places where melee heroes can not reach.
READ MORE: Farming Guide for Sangonomiya Kokomi
Specters drop ascension materials according to their level. However, the element of the creature does not affect the drops. All types of Specters will drop the same.
- Spectral Husk - Specters of Lvl 1 - Lvl 39
- Spectral Heart - Specters of Lvl 40 - Lvl 59
- Spectral Nucleus - Specters of Lvl 60 or higher
You can craft Spectral Husk and Spectral Heart for a higher level of this material with Alchemy.
What is Specter Ascension material needed for
In the current state of the game, Specter ascension materials are used to level up characters, talents, and weapons.
- Characters Levels for Kokomi and Aloy (Horizons Zero Dawn crossover)
- Talent Materials for Kokomi and Aloy
- Weapons: The Catch (Polearm), Everlasting Moonglow (Catalyst)
Farming for Specters is one of the hardest current grinds in Genshin Impact, as you need hundreds of them, we recommend eliminating these flying creatures every time you run into them.
As of yet, we don't know which other weapons or characters might need them in Genshin Impact 2.2 and future upgrades - but more could be coming!