Genshin 2.2 is here with Childe leading the Character Event Banners, and an entirely new island to explore!
Here's everything you need to know heading into the Genshin Impact 2.2 update.
Hu Tao Banner Revealed
The second Genshinn Impact 2.2 Character Event Banner will contain:
- Hu Tao: 5-Star Pyro Polearm
- Thoma: 4-Star Pyro Polearm
- Diona: 4-Star Cryo Bow
- Sayu: 4-Star Anemo Claymore
Genshin Impact 2.2 Banners, Weapons Revealed
Genshin Impact 2.2 will have some fantastic new content at launch as well as a new banner down the line.
This new banner will include a 5-star character as well as some fantastic 4-star characters.
The 4-star characters include:
- Ningguang - Geo (Catalyst)
- Yanfei - Pyro (Catalyst)
- Chongyun - Cryo (Claymore)
As for the Farewell of Snezhnaya banner, a 5-star Hydro bow user, Childe, will also be coming our way.
For the weapons, two five-star weapons will be available soon: including Memory of Dust and the new bow, Polar Star.
|5-star||Pola Star||Bow||Crit Rate||Daylight's Augury: Elemental Skill and Burst DMG increased. After an attack hits an opponent, 1 stack of Ashen Nightstar will be gained for 12s. When 1/2/3/4 stacks of Ashen Nightstar are present, ATK is increased by 10/20,30,48%. The stack of Ashen Nightstar created by the Normal Attack, Charged Attack, Elemental Skill or Elemental Burst will be counted independently of the others.|
|5-star||Memory of Dust||Catalyst||ATK||Golden Majesty: Increases Shield Strength by 40%. Hitting opponents increases ATK by 8% for 8s. Max 5 stacks. (every 0.3s). While protected by a shield, the ATK effect is increased by 100%.|
Genshin Impact 2.2 Release Date
Genshin Impact updates tend to run around every six weeks.
Genshin Impact 2.2 launched on October 13, 2021.
Genshin Impact's 2.2 Update File Size
Genshin Impact Update 2.2 files is 5.84 GB for PC players.
In the case of mobile players, the IOS file size is 3.44 GB and 3.8 GB for Android.
This information is gathered from the preload information posted on those platforms.
Genshin Impact 2.2 Character Banners
Genshin Impact 2.2 will feature two 5-Star character reruns and the availability of a new 4-Star character.
The first Character Event Banner will feature the third run of Childe, as he will be important to the story in the upcoming update. Currently it is unknown what 4-Star characters will run alongside him.
The second banner will feature a rerun of Hu-Tao, and the introduction of the 4-Star Pyro Polearm user, Thoma. Other than Thoma, there is no word on what other 4-Star characters will be featured on the banner.
The last island of Inazuma will arrive in Genshin Impact 2.2.
Tsurumi Island was first seen in the 1.6 Livestream.
Surrounded in dense fog, its been many years since anyone has visited this island; being shrouded in mystery and hard to access by boat, some even wonder if it is still there.
New Weapons / Items
- New weapons:
- Brumal Star, 5-Star Bow (Crit Rate)
- Mouun’s Moon, 4-Star Bow (ATK%)
- Akuoumaru, 4-Star Claymore (ATK%)
- Wavebreaker’s Fin, 4-Star Polearm (ATK%_
- New items:
- Ayesha’s Chaos Prospector (Gadget)
- Floral Zither (Gadget, Instrument)
Several new events are on the way in Genshin Impact 2.2, one of which will be fairly large and focus on Childe and Xinyan in Inazuma.
- Labyrinth Warriors
- A rogue-like dungeon where players can earn a free Xinyan
- Shadow of the Ancients
- Travelers will work with a Sumeru Scholar
- Investigating surveys with a special gadget, looking for pieces to repair Pristine Spikes.
- Data Sampling, we need to reactivate the pristine spikes.
- Live Testing, use the pristine spikes to deactivate the regenerative power of Ruin Guards
- Tuned to the World’s Sounds
- Another rhythm-based mini-game
- Players will play alongside other characters
- Seven Characters will join this event with their own song: Ningguang, Zhong Li, Keqing, Xiao, Kokomi, Ayaka, and Raiden Shogun.
- Dreams of Bloom
- Serenitea Pot Flower Event
- Players can grow and trade flowers and seeds with other players.
- Travelers will also be able to give these flowers as gifts.
- Hangout Events
New Serenitea Pot Content
Our Serenitea Pot will have new items and options to continue building the realm of our dreams:
- New Real Layout: Silken Courtyard, this new realm will be available after unlocking level 40 of the Sacred Sakura.
- This new realm has Inazuma vibes, Sakura, and Shallow Bodies of Water.
- New Furnishing: Floating Platforms
- Players will be able to adjust the height of these floating platforms, set furniture over them.
- World Exploration will include a new type of chest: Remarkable Chest, where players can find new Furnishing blueprints or New Set blueprints.
- Players will be able to get blueprints from the Forge, Crate Furnishing Menu, and the Crafting Bench.
Genshin Impact 2.2 will get a new Anisotropic Filtering graphic setting.
This will allow players with higher-end PCs to retain the sharpness of images at different viewing angles.
The update applies to PS4, PS5, PC, iOS, and Android.
There is still no official release date for the Nintendo Switch version of Genshin Impact, and no word of an Xbox port of the game.
Nintendo Switch Release
Apparently, a Nintendo Switch port is still planned for Genshin Impact, but there is still no official release date for the game,
Fans were hoping the Switch version of the game would arrive with Genshin Impact 2.0, but 2.1 has come, and still no word of the port.
As of right now, it is not expected a Genshin Impact Switch port will be happening anytime soon.
Rumors have been spreading that miHoYo may be waiting for the release of the Switch Pro, with the developer possibly having issues with a Switch port due to the limited power of Nintendo's console compared to the resource needs of Genshin Impact.