Genshin Impact 3.2 is introducing a new 4-star character named Layla, a 4-star Cryo sword user.
Layla is a scholar from Sumeru Akademiya. She studies the stars just like Mona and Lisa. She will be a Support character with Cryo Application and a Shield for her teammates during battle.
An interesting character. Therefore we have prepared a pre-farming guide with all the Ascension & Talents materials to prepare for Layla before her release.
Layla Release Date (Genshin Impact 3.2)
Layla will arrive in the second phase banners of Genshin Impact 3.1, which will go live on November 18, 2022, the same day as the reruns of Yae Miko & Tartaglia.
- Everbloom Violet is the return of Yae Miko, the 5-star Electro Catalyst Character.
- Farewell of Snezhnaya is the third rerun of the Fatui Harbinger Childe Tartaglia, the 5-star Hydro Bow Character.
- Both banners will feature Layla, a 4-star Cryo Sword Character. The rest of the characters are not revealed yet.
Layla Farming Guide
A Rtawahist student, Layla specializes in Theoretical Astrology and tirelessly draws star charts to write her thesis.
In Battle, Layla carries a Cryo Vision, and uses the sword as a weapon. Layla's skills will generate a strong shield and inflict Cryo AoE DMG.
Layla Ascension Materials
All materials for Layla are currently available, except for the items from the Trounce Domain that will be released during Genshin Impact 3.2.
These components are an ascension material dropped by the Aeonblightdrake, a new world boss introduced on Genshin Impact 3.1.
- The latest automaton is located in an underground Cave in Sumeru's Rain Forest.
- Players need x46 Perpetual Caliber for Lv. 90 Layla.
- The Aeonblightdrake drops 2-3 pieces of these materials once it is defeated for the cost of 40 resins.
Sumeru Specialty that grows in the Rainforest Wetlands. Nilotpala Lotus only bloom at night and are as bright as the moon.
- Players require x168 Niloptala Lotus for an Lv. 90 Layla.
- There are 79 Nilotpala Lotus in Sumeru Region, refreshing every 48hrs
- Currently, there is no NPC selling Niloptala Lotus in Sumeru city.
Samachurls are shamans with Elemental powers usually found in Hilichurls camps, a common enemy that drops the world material: Scrolls.
- For raising Layla to Lv. 90 players need:
- 18 Divining Scroll
- 30 Sealed Scroll
- 36 Forbidden Curse Scroll
Layla Talent Materials
One of the best ways to gather Talent Materials for Layla is by attacking the camps of Hilichurls.
- Samachurls are found in all areas of the game, so it is not very hard to collect these materials.
- To increase Layla's Talents to the max, players needs:
- 18 Divining Scroll
- 66 Sealed Scroll
- 93 Forbidden Curse Scroll
For the second Tier of Talent Materials, Genshin Impact introduced a new Domain of Mastery called Steeple of Ignorance.
Ingenuity Series is Talent-level materials that can be obtained in the Steeple of Ignorance Domain on Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday.
- To max Layla's Talents, players need to collect the following:
- 9 Teachings of Ingenuity
- 63 Guide to Ingenuity
- 114 Philosophies of Ingenuity
Trounce Domain: Shouki no Kami
Genshin Impact 3.2 will introduce a new weekly boss. Scaramouche, the Fatui Harbinger, has become a God with the help of Dottore.
Travelers will battle them in the new domain: Shouki no Kami, the Prodigal Challenge.
Once Scaramouche is defeated will drop the talent material, Mirror of Mushin.
Players will need 18 Mirror to max Layla's talents.
Common Ascension Ores are used to level-up Electro Characters in Genshin Impact.
Players will find pieces of this by defeating:
- Childe Tartaglia
- Cryo Hypostasis
- Cryo Regisvine
- Maguu Kenki
- Coral Defenders
- Additionally, Shivada Jade will drop randomly obtained in Chests, Daily Commissions, and Events.
Best Weapons & Artifacts for Layla
Layla's Abilities are scaled based on her max HP. Also, the strength of her shield will increase with more HP. Therefore the best weapon for Layla is the Key of Khay Nisut.
But if you are saving your Primogems for characters, these are some alternatives for Layla's Weapons.
- Despite the 4-star sword, Favonius Sword doesn't have HP stats, but the Energy Recharge and Particles for the team are excellent for Layla as support.
Harbinger of Dawn
- If you already have the Favonius in another character, then you can use the 3-star weapon, Harbinger of Dawn which will increase her DMG output.
In the case of Artifact Build, the Tenacity of the Millelith offers everything that Layla needs, increasing her HP, the shield strength and buffing the ATK of all Party Members.
These are the Artifact's Stats Recommended:
Sands: HP - Goblet: Cryo DMG - Circlet: Elemental Mastery or HP
Blizzard Strayer & Noblesse Oblige
These artifact sets are viable alternatives to increase the team's damage output by having Layla as a Support.
Noblesse Oblige is generally good, and Blizzard Strayer can be used in Permafrost teams with a Cryo DPS like Ayaka or Ganyu.