Albedo the Geo Alchemist is back in Genshin Impact 2.3!
Albedo seems to be regaining power with every new piece of content in the update, and Geo fans have plenty to look forward to as a result.
Here's our Albedo build guide complete with his best weapons, artifacts, and characters to pair with him.
The Secretum Secretorum banner was released on November 24th, 2021.
This banner features Albedo as the 5-star character and the following 4-star characters:
- Bennet - Pyro (Sword)
- Noelle - Geo (Claymore)
- Rosaria - Cryo (Polearm)
Who is Albedo?
Recent plots revealed that Albedo the Geo Character is a creation of Kaenri'ah engineering. This makes Albedo just like the Ruin Guard, only with a conscious.
*End of Spoilers*
- As a playable character, Albedo is a 5-star Geo Sword User with huge support potential, and since Genshin Impact 2.3, great DMG.
- His DMG escalates directly from the amount of DEF in his kit.
- Albedo abilities provide large AoE and Supplemental Geo DMG.
- Albedo gives an additional 125 Elemental Mastery after using Elemental Burst
Albedo Best Weapons
|4-Star||Cinnabar Spindle||DEF||Elemental Skill DMG is increased by 80% of DEF. The effect will be triggered every 1.5s and will be cleared 0.1s after the Elemental Skill deals DMG.|
|4-Star||Harbinger Dawn||Crit. DMG||When HP is above 90%, increases CRIT Rate by 28%.|
- The best weapon for Albedo is currently available for Free in the event Shadows Amidst Snowstorms.
- It is pretty simple to obtain on day one of this event.
- Refine materials are also rewards of this event.
- The sword looks tailor-made for Albedo, providing two buffs to DEF. As we explained earlier, his DMG increased based on his DEF.
- Even the colors in the sword are the same as Albedo's clothing.
- It is very rare to see a character's best weapon as a 3-star sword. However, this was the case for Albedo and Harbinger of Dawn.
- The weapon helps Albedo support capabilities, providing a lot of extra Elemental Mastery.
- However, Cinnabar Spindle dethrones this sword. Luckily both are F2P friendly.
Albedo Best Artifacts
|Build||Set 1||Set 2||Stats Needed|
|Best||Husk of opulent dreams||Husk of Opulent Dreams||Sands: DEF% or ER - Goblet: Geo DMG Bonus - Circlet: DEF% or Crit. Rate|
|Substitute||Husk of Opulent Dreams||Archaic Petra||Sands: DEF% or ER - Goblet: Geo DMG Bonus - Circlet: DEF% or Crit. Rate|
- You will start to see a pattern here. The best artifacts for Albedo are 4 pieces of the new artifact set in Genshin Impact.
- Husk of Opulent Dreams adds not only extra DEF but also provides extra Geo DMG.
Alternative Archaic Petra
- Husk of Opulent Dreams will be an artifact in high demand. It will be handy for the three upcoming Geo characters.
- Unless players want to spend hours farming in the Slumbering Court, travelers can use two pieces of Archaic Petra with good stats that they already have.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 2.3 Albedo Farming Guide
Albedo's Best Teammates
Most of the best teammates for Albedo are not available yet in Genshin Impact. Albedos seem to be the cornerstone for a possible mono Geo Team.
The Geo dream team would be Itto, Albedo, Gorou, Zhong-Li, or Yun Jin However. Their Kryptonite is Resin. All of them except Zhong-Li not only need the same Artifact set, but they also need similar stats. To pull that, players need tons of Resin.
But since that's a long way away, let's get back to how pairs best with Albedo now.
Like most Geo masters, Albedo is a plug-and-play character. Albedo provides a considerable amount of Elemental Mastery to DPS like Ganyu, Diluc, Ayaka, etc.
The DMG capability of Albedo allows players to recruit two Geo characters to use the juice of the Geo resonance.
Albedo is a low investment character, great as a C0 with F2P weapons. The good news is he is receiving three indirect buffs in this patch as well, which will make him all the more playable.
Albedo is a very versatile character; he can be used as support or Sub DPS. Thus players should consider level-up his Elemental Skill first: Abiogenesis: Solar Isotoma.
The second priority is his Elemental Burst, Rite of Progeniture: Tectonic Tide. After that, there is no need to invest in his Basic Attack.