At long last, the next major Black Ops Cold War update has arrived and Treyarch has really outdone themselves this time around. Here's everything you need to know about what's in-store.
LATEST - Black Ops Cold War Season 4: A Quick Overview
Treyarch has done a lot with this update and it's more than just a few weapon tweaks here or there. Here's a quick overview of all the new content that's been added and will be added going forwards.
- New Multiplayer Maps
- Collateral, Collateral Strike, Amsterdam, and Hijacked are all coming to Black Ops Cold War;
- Rush has been confirmed as a new mid-season map;
- New Weapons
- The MG 82, C58, and Nail Gun have been added to Black Ops Cold War;
- The Mace and OTs 9 SMG are both going to be added in-season;
- New Game Modes
- Fireteam Sat-Link and One in the Chamber have both been added;
- Capture The Flag is going to be added in-season;
- New Scorestreak
- The Hand Cannon is back in Black Ops;
- New Operators
- Jackal has been added, Salah is due to arrive soon;
- Grigori Weaver is also due to make an appearance mid-season;
- New Zombies Content
- "Zoo" is being added as a new Outbreak Region;
- Operation Excision is being added as a new Main Quest;
- Mauer der Toten is due to arrive in July 2021 as a new round-based Zombies map;
There's a lot more to look over in the Black Ops Cold War Season 4 Patch Notes from Treyarch too.
Black Ops Season 4 Release Date & Time
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone both get the Season 4 update at the same time; Cross-progression and levelling between the two has made this a necessity.
However, we only know the release date for Black Ops Cold War Season 4. We don't actually know the specifics just yet.
Black Ops Cold War Season 4 is due to begin on June 17th and we could see the new content go live as soon as 21:00 PST (June 15th) / 00:00 EST (June 16th) / 05:00 BST (June 16th). Following this, the start-of-season event should begin at around 21:00 PST (June 16th) / 00:00 EST / 05:00 BST on June 17th.
We should hear more about the specifics from Treyarch soon, though, to confirm this.
How Big Is The Update Going To Be?
We might not know exactly when Season 4 is going to start, but we do know how much space you're going to need for it. If you're playing Black Ops Cold War on PC, you'll need to keep around 90 GB of additional space clear for the "patch copying process". This will still be available after the download, though.
- PlayStation 5: 30 GB
- PlayStation 4: 15.5 GB
- Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S: 31.0 GB
- Xbox One: 17.7 GB
- PC: 21.6 GB (without HD Pack) / 30.7 GB (with HD Pack)
As you can see, the download is quite a bit bigger on next-gen consoles. This one is going to be painful for PS5 players.
You can find out more about the copying process used by Call of Duty titles here.