2K Games have just dropped some major news for WWE 2K23, with cover star, new features and game modes revealed.
Check below for the full details.
WWE 2K23 Reveal
We knew it was coming and now we've had it confirmed, with WWE 2K23 once again set to take consoles by storm.
With WWE GOAT and multi-time champion John Cena leading the line as the main cover star, 2K Games have wasted no time in attempting to make this year's game the best yet.
This year's game features several franchise advancements, including a unique new take on the 2K Showcase, the WWE 2K introduction of the fan-favourite WarGames, and expansions to several marquee game modes.
WWE 2K23 Deluxe Edition and Icon Edition are scheduled for worldwide release on Tuesday, March 14, 2023 via Early Access, followed by the Standard Edition and Cross-Gen on Friday, March 17, 2023.
WWE 2K23 will feature a showcase mode dedicated to the career of wrestling icon John Cena, as well as the introduction of war games into the game for the first time ever.
Other confirmed modes are as followed:
- MyGM: Now featuring more GMs to choose from – or a player’s own custom GM creation – as well as additional show options, multiple seasons, expanded match cards, and more match types for up to four players. Players draft a roster, manage budgets, sign free agents, choose various match types, arena locations, production elements and more, with the goal of beating a rival GM in weekly ratings battles
- MyFACTION: Now featuring online multiplayer action, the team-building mode in which players collect, manage, and upgrade an array of WWE Superstars and Legends to create their ultimate four-person factions returns. Players can now take their faction online and compete for global dominance, or compete in Weekly Towers and Faction Wars, while new themed card packs and goals roll out regularly throughout the year
- MyRISE: Aspiring Superstars walk through the curtain for their WWE debut in MyRISE and shape their career with the decisions made along the way. Featuring distinct men’s and women’s division storylines and the ability to import custom-created Superstars, players journey from the humble beginnings of a Rookie to being immortalized as a WWE Legend;
- Universe: The ultimate WWE Universe sandbox that puts players in charge of their own version of WWE, from Superstar rosters, feuds, champions, weekly shows, and Premium Live Events! Updates to Universe include a reworked story system and more.
- Creation Suite: A signature feature of the WWE 2K franchise, the creation suite returns with cross-platform community creations, including the ability to design custom Superstars, GMs, arenas, entrances, move sets, championships and more. Custom arenas are now playable online, with new customisation tools added.
WWE 2K23 features four editions of the game: Standard Edition, Cross-Gen, Deluxe Edition, and Icon Edition:
- The Standard Edition will be available for £49.99 on PC, for £59.99 on previous-gen platforms (PS4, Xbox One consoles) and for £69.99 on current-gen consoles (PS5 and Xbox Series X|S) in both physical and digital formats.
- The Cross-Gen edition will be available digitally for £69.99 on PlayStation and Xbox consoles. The Cross-Gen edition includes the Standard Edition across previous and current-gen platforms within the same console family and the same PlayStation or Xbox account.
- The Icon Edition will be available for £104.99 for PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC, featuring original cover art by renowned WWE-inspired artist Rob Schamberger. In addition to the Standard Edition and all bonus content included in the Deluxe Edition, the Icon Edition includes the Ruthless Aggression Pack, celebrating 20 years of John Cena’s WWE career by featuring John Cena’s early “Prototype” character, as well as “Leviathan” Batista, developmental rookie versions of Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton, the John Cena Legacy Championship and WrestleMania 22 Arena. Additional bonus content includes an Emerald Paul Heyman MyFACTION Manager Card, and three Deluxe Premium Launch MyFACTION Card Packs. The Icon Edition will be available from March 14, 2023 – three days ahead of Standard and Cross-Gen Edition.
Players who pre-ordered the Standard Edition and Cross-Gen Digital Bundle will receive the Bad Bunny Bonus Pack, which includes Bad Bunny as a playable character, as well as a Ruby tier Bad Bunny MyFACTION card.
For more articles like this, take a look at our WWE 2K page.