The Shadowlands 9.1 Update is just hours out, and its biggest new addition is the Sanctum of Domination raid.
The Sanctum of Domination won't be going live with the rest of the 9.1 update, however, instead launching a week later (and the rest launching in parts over the next month).
Here's everything you need to know about the WoW Shadowlands 9.1 update, and its new Sanctum of Domination raid.
Latest - Sanctum of Domination Release Schedule
WoW Shadowlands 9.1 brings a ton of content on day 1, when it goes live on Tuesday, June 29th.
But it won't be all of the content, as Sanctum of Domination won't be accessible until the next Tuesday.
Read through the full Sanctum of Domination release schedule below:
- July 6: Normal, Heroic Difficulties
- July 13: Mythic Difficulty, Raid Finder First Wing (The Tarragrue, The Eye of the Jailer, The Nine)
- July 27: Raid Finder Second Wing (Soulrender Dormazain, Remnant of Ner’zhul, and Painsmith Raznal)
- August 10: Raid Finder Third Wing (Guardian of the First Ones, Fatescribe Roh-Kalo, and Kel’Thuzad)
- August 24: Raid Finder Fourth Wing (Sylvanas Windrunner)
Sanctum of Domination Raid
The next raid in WoW Shadowlands, Sanctum of Domination, takes the fight to the Jailer with the support of all four covenants, and will have massive lore implications along with some awesome fights!
Blizzard gave us tons of details in a Bluepost that has since been taken down, leaking the following:
Raid the Sanctum of Domination - Brave treacherous, unexplored reaches of Torghast in a new 10-boss raid: the Sanctum of Domination. Encounter the true Eye of the Jailer, turn the tide against the Tarragrue, and come face-to-face with the Banshee Queen herself in a fateful confrontation.
Sanctum of Domination features 10 bosses, a list filled with familiar faces and important fights for the Shadowlands storyline.
The Sanctum of Domination bosses include the Eye of the Jailer, the Tarragrue, Kel'Thuzad, and even Sylvanas Windrunner as boss encounters!
READ MORE: WoW Shadowlands Update Brings Big Tank Buffs
New Shadowlands 9.1 Patch Notes on PTR Brings Big Changes
Since Shadowlands 9.1 went live on the PTR roughly a month ago, Blizzard have released several updates to add new features and make balance changes.
The latest Shadowlands 9.1 update went live on May 25 - and you can read over its huge patch notes below:
Chains of Domination Patch Notes May 25 (PTR)
PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER
New PvP Talent: Chaotic Imprint.
Imprison now lasts for 4 seconds in PvP combat (was 3 seconds).
Detainment (PvP Talent) now increases the duration of Imprison by 1 second (was 2 seconds) and no longer increases Imprison’s cooldown.
Unending Hatred (PvP Talent) now generates Fury from all damage sources (previously was just magic damage taken) and its Fury generation has been increased by 50%.
- New PvP Talent: Isolated Prey
- Cover of Darkness has been redesigned – The radius of Darkness is increased by 4 yards and its duration is increased by 2 seconds.
- Demonic Origins (PvP Talent) now reduces the duration of Metamorphosis by 10 seconds (was 15 seconds).
- Blur now correctly grants 50% Dodge while active in PvP combat (was granting a reduced value).
- Darkness now grants a 50% chance to avoid damage while in PvP Combat (was 20%).
- Eye of Leotharas (PvP Talent) has been removed.
- Infected Wounds now lasts for 12 seconds in PvP combat (was 8 seconds).
- Leader of the Pack (PvP Talent) can now proc from critical strikes with spells and it can now only occur every 8 seconds (was 6 seconds).
- Wicked Claws (PvP Talent) now reduces healing received by 10% per stack (was 12.5% per stack).
- Savage Momentum (PvP Talent) now reduces the cooldown of Dash by 10 seconds (was Stampeding Roar).
- Freedom of the Herd (PvP Talent) now also reduces the cooldown of Stampeding Roar by 1 minute in addition to its current effect.
- King of the Jungle (PvP Talent) now stacks up to 4 times and its movement speed increase can stack with other movement speed increasing effects.
New PvP Talent: Wild Kingdom
- Beast Mastery
- New PvP Talent: Kindred Beasts
- The Beast Within (PvP Talent) has been redesigned – You and all allied pets within 40 yards gain 15% attack speed, and immunity to Fear and Horror effects.
- Holy Word: Concentration has been renamed to Sanctified Ground and has been slightly redesigned – Holy Word: Sanctify now causes its current effect, duration has been reduced to 5 seconds (was 8 seconds) and its radius has been increased to 10 yards (from 8 yards).
- Greater Heal (PvP Talent) cooldown decreased to 12 seconds (was 15 seconds) and now ignores healing reduction effects except for Dampening.
- Spirit of the Redeemer (PvP Talent) cooldown reduced to 2 minutes (was 3 minutes).
- New PvP Talent: Megalomania
- New PvP Talent: Void Volley
- Psyfiend (PvP Talent) now spawns with 10% of the Priest’s maximum health (was 10 health).
- New Runecarving Powers
- Priest has new powers available in the May 25 update.
Shadowlands 9.1 Patch Notes Revealed
WoW Shadowlands 9.1 is available for testing now on the PTR, and as a result, we've gotten its official patch notes!
The patch notes are massive, bringing Sanctum of Domination, the new dungeon Tazavesh, The Veiled Market, Shadowlands flying, and more!