With Dragonflight's arrival inching closer and closer, it's time to begin tying up all of the loose ends World of Warcraft: Shadowlands has to offer.
From completing achievements and obtaining mounts to getting those characters geared up—for both returning players and mainstay players with their alts—there's plenty to do prior to the new expansion launching.
That being said, here are 5 things to do before Dragonflight launches.
1) Level Up Alts or Level Up Your Main
To kick things off one of the best things to do prior to Dragonflight's release is leveling up. Doesn't matter if you're a tenured player who's been completing your dungeons and raids and is looking to get some alts on the side or if you're a new or returning player, it's worth getting your characters up to speed.
Right now, leveling is some of the easiest it's ever been, especially when you factor the Winds of Wisdom buff into the mix, albeit it might not last much longer, it's more than worth it to do all that leveling so you don't have to do it once Dragonflight rolls around.
Don't Miss: Discover Razer's Ultimate Gaming Laptops Now
2) Get Gear
What's next after leveling up your characters? Well, that'd be to gear them up, of course.
Obtaining gear in World of Warcraft makes most if not all of the activities in the game less difficult. This is especially the case when beginning your journey in a new expansion as although the starting quests will give you gear, getting to that point can be quite strenuous if not properly equipped.
Once you've hit that max level, take to dungeons, raids—even if it's LFR—and the pre-patch event once it goes live to get all geared up to make your starting Dragonflight much easier.
READ MORE: World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Pre Patch Release Date REVEALED
3) Participate in the Primal Storms Pre-Patch Event
Speaking of obtaining gear via the pre-patch event, make sure to take part in it!
Titled "Primal Storms," hordes of Primalist mobs will invade specific zones across Azeroth, namely Northrend Barrens, Tirisfal Glades, Un'Goro Crater, and Badlands. Here, players will have to take them down, alongside the Elemental Lord that spawns every 30 minutes.
Upon defeating them, they will be awarded gear and Primeval Essence which can be used to purchase several items, including more gear. These other items include a toy and an heirloom trinket.
For more information on the event, visit here.
READ MORE: WoW Dragonflight Pre Patch: Release Date Predictions, Leaks, Dracthyr Evoker, Patch Notes & Latest News
4) Complete Achievements
A new expansion arriving means that some of the current expansion's achievements will either be much more difficult to complete or will be gone altogether.
When it comes to Shadowlands specifically, there are plenty of achievements to get done prior to Dragonflight's release, especially because they won't be doable anymore.
Here's a list of achievements to consider doing prior to Dragonflight's arrival:
- Keystone Hero: Grimrail Depot
- Keystone Hero: Iron Docks
- Keystone Hero: Operation: Mechagon
- Keystone Hero: Return to Karazhan
- Keystone Hero: Tazavesh, the Veiled Market
- Back from the Beyond
- Fates of the Shadowlands Raids/Heroic: Fates of the Shadowlands Raids/Mythic: Fates of the Shadowlands Raids
- Fate of Nathria
- Fate of Domination
- Fate of the Sepulcher
- We Are All Made of Stars (Heroic)/We Are All Made of Stars (Mythic)
A number of these achievements will contain mounts and other rewards such as titles. So make sure to get them done!
5) Obtain Mounts
Wouldn't make sense to mention mounts and not talk about them. For Shadowlands, there will be a couple of mounts that will be either unobtainable or will have their loot drop percentage lowered significantly.
Here's a list of them:
- Vengeance's Rein - Mythic Sylvannas Windrunner
- Fractal Cypher of the Zereth Overseer - Mythic The Jailer
- Fractal Cypher of the Carcinized Zerethsteed - Heroic The Jailer
- Eternal Gladiator's Soul Eater - 3v3 Arena
- Jigglesworth, Sr. - Fates of the Shadowlands Raids Achievement
- Restoration Deathwalker - Shadowlands Mythic+ Season 4
- Frostbrood Proto-Wyrm - Completing the Death Knight intro questline in Wrath Classic
READ MORE: WoW Dragonflight Season 1: Release Date, Vault of the Incarnates, New Mythic+ Dungeon Rotation & More